Atlfalcons08

Falcons DE Steven Means Tears Achilles

32 posts in this topic

Hey its great we built up the Dline depth.... oh wait no we didn't.

Remember me when we are losing 37-36. I told you so.

But ppl want to whine about players missing freaking OTAs ......

OTAs are for the young players to help learn the scheme or for young guys to gel......

IDC if Julio or gray don't show up until TC.... These dudes training harder and more on there own at there own pace.

Sadly these things can happen, 

45 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

Means was pretty terrible last year in what ended up being quite a bit of playing time.

Hate it for him, but to me this doesn’t mean much at all. It’s incredibly early and that’s production that won’t be too difficult to replace.

The whole thing is, yes injuries happen but it’s not like half your team is down afterwards. It’s STILL news when folks get hurt at OTAs.

As far as Means, he had some good moments and seemed to be coming along, wish we could have seen more this year.

PokerSteve likes this

Posted (edited)

Players get injured in training camp and preseason, too. Oh and surely none of our guys got injured in the regular season last year.

"Football player shouldn't attend football-related training because it's too dangerous" is a bad take.

Edited by FalconAge

8 minutes ago, blackredfellow said:

If the injury bug must bite, please just bite players of this ilk. 

Easy guy.

This post kinda makes you sound like a scumbag

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, Monoxide said:

He’s 28 years old, has played for 4 teams in 5 years, and has 25 career tackles/3 sacks. I didn’t have him making the 53 man roster.

Again, personally I hate it for him and wish for nothing but the best. Competitively however, this doesn’t do much at all.

Yepper, Means would have been a rotational guy indeed and I had him having a solid chance of making the roster myself.

Let’s see if someone steps up to feel those shoes.

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

But ppl want to whine about players missing freaking OTAs ......

OTAs are for the young players to help learn the scheme or for young guys to gel......

IDC if Julio or gray don't show up until TC.... These dudes training harder and more on there own at there own pace.

Exactly I don’t think a lot round here understand what or who OTAs are actually important for.

I laugh when some complain when seasoned players don’t turn up for them pretending this is going to make that much of a huge difference in play during the season.

3 hours ago, Atlchamp99 said:

WHY ARENT JULIO AND GRADY JARRETT AT VOLUNTARY OTA'S....where are those clowns posters that say that at?

Is M Ryan there?  Freeman?  K Neal?  D Jones?  J Matthews?  A  Mack?  ETC?  

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

12 hours ago, Knight of God said:

He needs to be a FA upgrade

Ansah still available, IJS!