Falcons DE Steven Means Tears Achilles

But ppl want to whine about players missing freaking OTAs ......

OTAs are for the young players to help learn the scheme or for young guys to gel......

IDC if Julio or gray don't show up until TC.... These dudes training harder and more on there own at there own pace.

Sadly these things can happen, 

45 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

Means was pretty terrible last year in what ended up being quite a bit of playing time.

Hate it for him, but to me this doesn’t mean much at all. It’s incredibly early and that’s production that won’t be too difficult to replace.

The whole thing is, yes injuries happen but it’s not like half your team is down afterwards. It’s STILL news when folks get hurt at OTAs.

As far as Means, he had some good moments and seemed to be coming along, wish we could have seen more this year.

1 hour ago, Monoxide said:

He’s 28 years old, has played for 4 teams in 5 years, and has 25 career tackles/3 sacks. I didn’t have him making the 53 man roster.

Again, personally I hate it for him and wish for nothing but the best. Competitively however, this doesn’t do much at all.

Yepper, Means would have been a rotational guy indeed and I had him having a solid chance of making the roster myself.

Let’s see if someone steps up to feel those shoes.

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

But ppl want to whine about players missing freaking OTAs ......

OTAs are for the young players to help learn the scheme or for young guys to gel......

IDC if Julio or gray don't show up until TC.... These dudes training harder and more on there own at there own pace.

Exactly I don’t think a lot round here understand what or who OTAs are actually important for.

I laugh when some complain when seasoned players don’t turn up for them pretending this is going to make that much of a huge difference in play during the season.

Archived