Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

The Falcons are going to the NFC Title game. Book it

71 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Ugh. Stop talking about us media. Let us come from behind in peace 

Exactly. Historically the Falcons have only done well when we didn't have much media hype in the off season or whenever we weren't favorites at all. In 2016 the BROWNS had a better chance of making the Super Bowl than the Falcons before the season began. Look at 1997 into 1998 or 2015 into 2016, and tell me if anyone knew the Falcons were really going to be Super Bowl contenders after what had happened the previous few years prior. 

ratesforless likes this

12 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

I agree but I don't think we're gonna sneak up on anybody. Gabriel said it best, no team is gonna underestimate us and they haven't forgotten '16 and '17.

Still need to actually get it done ( I know we have the ability ) because talk is cheap.

Cole World and PokerSteve like this

32 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

It doesn't make a bit of difference. You really want this team to keep being in a position where they have to "come from behind?"

Either the Falcons are a good football team or they're not. Media hype or expectations don't mean jack. What's gonna happen when this team starts stringing together wins and the offense performs similarly to how it did in 2016? Guess where the spotlight is going?

Cole World and The Daywalker like this

7 minutes ago, vel said:

Lol it's actually funny considering it's an odd year and we have seen the trend of the Falcons doing better in even years. Would be refreshing to see. 

Don’t try and squash my SB delusions of grandeur, Vel

Iron Saint, PokerSteve and vel like this

11 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Don’t try and squash my SB delusions of grandeur, Vel

Lol I'm not! Just have no clue how to look forward to this year myself. It's weird. 

Vandy and FalconsIn2012 like this

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

That's what she said?

:ninja:

I don’t give a ish about what the media says, I just don’t want our guys to be overconfident. Yea I want you to think you can win every game. But don’t go around thinking you’re just gonna waltz right into the NFCCG. 

The Falcons historically spit the bit and collapse when they are put in the spotlight. The less pub we get the better I'll like it. Yet, it's a nice feeling to know we're good enough to deserve the early hype. :lol:

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

Exactly. Historically the Falcons have only done well when we didn't have much media hype in the off season or whenever we weren't favorites at all. In 2016 the BROWNS had a better chance of making the Super Bowl than the Falcons before the season began. Look at 1997 into 1998 or 2015 into 2016, and tell me if anyone knew the Falcons were really going to be Super Bowl contenders after what had happened the previous few years prior. 

I saw a poll on a YouTube video that gave us an 8℅ chance of winning the NFC South and the Saints an 84℅ chance to win the NFC South. Trust me we are underdogs going into 2019.

Lol once again this team proves it's all bark and no bite. This team talks way too much for a team that absolutely choked at least 3 times in the last 3 years in big games. Devondre Campbell never learns his lesson. What did this team do when they were healthy. ?? 

18 minutes ago, caponine said:

Lol once again this team proves it's all bark and no bite. This team talks way too much for a team that absolutely choked at least 3 times in the last 3 years in big games. Devondre Campbell never learns his lesson. What did this team do when they were healthy. ?? 

Why do you assume Campbell speaks for the whole team? Is there anyone besides him saying anything?

1 hour ago, No.11 said:

It doesn't make a bit of difference. You really want this team to keep being in a position where they have to "come from behind?"

Gonna have to disagree. 

Some of my best work is done coming in from behind! :tiphat:

2 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

2 hours ago, mqg96 said:

Funnily enough, Brandt is part of the same GMFB crew that was hyping us up in the 2016 season before anybody else. It was mostly Peter Schrager, but they did think the Falcons would make some noise.

nolove4thecrook and Cole World like this