Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

42,188 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Welcome, Mr Powell to the "Enemy of the People" club. 

I can't fathom why anyone would ever voluntarily work for Trump.  He will throw you under the bus at any given moment.

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

4 hours ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

It was me. Did you have a Conventional Loan before?

Yup, my mortgage company is Quicken Loans. Might just be something they're doing.

Lmao imagine if Obama “ordered” American businesses to do anything.

Oh wait, he made them provide a minimum level of health insurance coverage and was called a dictator for it. :lol:

Tired: Making businesses provide health insurance plans for employees.

Wired: ****posting about which countries American businesses can do business in.

13 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Yes.  Democrats are worthless.  So support the party that is both not worthless AND not actively destroying the World.  

Let me know the name of that Party and I'll support them too!

does your offer extend so far as to include voting to make the worthless party less worthless?

because boy do i have some candidates for you

27 minutes ago, achilles return said:

democrats are worthless

24 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I have an irrational disdain for Tom Perez.

8 minutes ago, Carter said:

It’s not irrational.

dEMoCRats ArE a bIG teNT paRty

HolyMoses likes this

1 minute ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

dEMoCRats ArE a bIG teNT paRty

Your way of showing irony is pleonastic...

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

I guess the Mooch watches a lot of HBO original programming.

I am pretty sure Don Jr is one of the Gemstones. 

39 minutes ago, lostone said:

At the African American museum.  All y’all need to be here!

I am definitely planning on being there.

46 minutes ago, lostone said:

We don’t produce enough materials or have enough labor to produce what China does.  Our costs will skyrocket.  Yo broke *** HMDF will be the #1 person complaining about prices skyrocketing 

Beijing (CNN) China on Friday unveiled tariffs on another $75 billion worth of US goods, the latest escalation in the trade war between the two countries. The additional tariffs of 5% or 10% will be levied on 5,078 products, including soybeans, coffee, whiskey, seafood and crude oil.

China's Finance Ministry said the tariffs will roll out in two phases, the first beginning next month.
Tariff List 1 -- effective September 1 :
  • Part 1: 270 items will be imposed with a 10% tariff, including seafood, fish, crab, shrimp, fruit, nuts
  • Part 2: 646 items will be imposed with a 10% tariff, including: beef, chicken, potato, wheat, soybean, TCM, steel
  • Part 3: 64 items will be imposed with a 5% tariff, including: cream
  • Part 4: 737 items will be imposed with a 5% tariff, including: turkey, chemicals

And right before Christmas, some more retaliation that's really going to hurt...

Tariff List 2 -- effective December 15:
  • Part 1: 749 items will be imposed with a 10% tariff, including: coffee, corn, caviar, chemicals, cars, buses, scooters, bikes
  • Part 2: 163 items will be imposed with a 10% tariff, including: cars, motorcycles
  • Part 3: 634 items will be imposed with a 5% tariff, including: whiskey and cigars
  • Part 4: 1815 items will be imposed with a 5% tariff, including: wood, floors, doors, clothing, CDs, TVs, lights, automobile parts, pens

39 minutes ago, achilles return said:

democrats are worthless

Can someone explain to me why a Climate Debate is a good idea. I agree that it is an extremely important issue that should be discussed, but no one in the top 10 disagrees with that. What would you be debating. 

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

"Naw,  you just have an affinity for abusing your power one sidedly. I'd say the people I usually agree with the most are classical liberals and slightly left of center."

Oh. 

I feel like you think agreeing mostly with classical liberals means I am one?

2 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

He is giving welfare to farmers, right?

I'm talking about his "decrees" by fiat

PaSS tHE toRCh

54 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

Yup, my mortgage company is Quicken Loans. Might just be something they're doing.

No, it's a federal thing. Basically, if you have a Conventional Loan to start, you signed docs that said they would drop it after 78% of the Principle Balance is paid. So if you took out a loan for $100k, when you hit $78k, they have to drop it. That's why if you look at your Loan Estimate from when you applied, you'll see Month 1-78 you'll pay $xxx and months 78 - 360 you'll pay $YYY.

Where that differs is when you buy a house for $100k, Zillow says it's worth $150k. They won't drop it then. Also, if you get a FHA/VA/Bond loan, you can't get out of PMI/Funding Fee unless you refi to a conventional with <80% LTV (Loan To Value), since those forms are "Life of the Loan".

Most people start with a FHA (I did), then refi to a Conventional when the interest rates make sense.