Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

56,372 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Western Journalism features "conservative, libertarian, free market and pro-family writers and broadcasters"[8] and seeks to provide "God-honoring" content.[4] In practice, according to the Times, this philosophy, in which "tradition-minded patriots face ceaseless assault by anti-Christian bigots, diseased migrants and race hustlers concocting hate crimes," results in "a torrent of sensationalized, misleading, or entirely made-up stories, often aimed at Muslims and immigrants."[6] Because of negative rulings by fact-checking sites and user trust surveys, Western Journalism was blacklisted by Google and Apple News, and by 2017 its Facebook traffic declined to near zero. The company responded by changing its name in 2018 to The Western Journal, hiring trained copy editors, and introducing a corrections page.[6]

In a story on how fake news spreads on social media, The Intercept reported that: "Thanks to views sourced largely to referrals from Facebook, Brown's websites now outrank web traffic going to news outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and NPR, according to data compiled by Alexa".[9]

In February 2019, The Western Journal published an article which alleged "Climate Change ‘Heat Records’ Are a Huge Data Manipulation." Scientists criticized the article, saying it contradicted existing research and provided in support of its claims. The Western Journal subsequently retracted the article.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Western_Journal

lol

The Climate-change induced Rapture is very Christian.

4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Western Journalism features "conservative, libertarian, free market and pro-family writers and broadcasters"[8] and seeks to provide "God-honoring" content.[4] In practice, according to the Times, this philosophy, in which "tradition-minded patriots face ceaseless assault by anti-Christian bigots, diseased migrants and race hustlers concocting hate crimes," results in "a torrent of sensationalized, misleading, or entirely made-up stories, often aimed at Muslims and immigrants."[6] Because of negative rulings by fact-checking sites and user trust surveys, Western Journalism was blacklisted by Google and Apple News, and by 2017 its Facebook traffic declined to near zero. The company responded by changing its name in 2018 to The Western Journal, hiring trained copy editors, and introducing a corrections page.[6]

In a story on how fake news spreads on social media, The Intercept reported that: "Thanks to views sourced largely to referrals from Facebook, Brown's websites now outrank web traffic going to news outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and NPR, according to data compiled by Alexa".[9]

In February 2019, The Western Journal published an article which alleged "Climate Change ‘Heat Records’ Are a Huge Data Manipulation." Scientists criticized the article, saying it contradicted existing research and provided in support of its claims. The Western Journal subsequently retracted the article.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Western_Journal

lol

The Nancy video is plain as day.  And what’s with people getting news from Facebook?  It’s suppose to be about checking in with friends.  

Thanks to here, I was introduced to mediabiasfactcheck.com.  There I was appalled to see Doctors Without Borders under “least biased” ranking.  I promptly filed a complaint with links.  Hopefully we will see it move to “left-center” 

2 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

Thanks to here, I was introduced to mediabiasfactcheck.com.  There I was appalled to see Doctors Without Borders under “least biased” ranking.  I promptly filed a complaint with links.  Hopefully we will see it move to “left-center” 

5-the-big-lebowski-quotes.gif

falconsd56 likes this

I'm not going to spike the ball over the death of someone simply based on their political beliefs, but the media this morning calling David Koch a "donor to libertarian economic principles' is a joke. 

He was a crony capitalist that bought politicians for his own personal gain. Let's not romanticize it just because he's dead. 

15 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Counterpoint: CNN is a smoldering trash heap.

Also, I don’t know what “counterpoint” means.

25 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

Notice...............still no coherent response to a pertinent question.  Typical.  

I dont know that you're in a good position to be questioning the coherence of anybody else's statements. 

20 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

It appears that most of you lefties are FOR China, and AGAINST the U.S.  in Trump's attempt to stop the unfair trade practices , and outright theft by China.  You would turn on your own country because you don't like Trump's hair, or because he has re invigorated the moribund Obama economy ?  That is just shamefull.

As shameful as waving the flag of an authoritarian nightmare laughably "ordering" people/businesses to do what he "tells them"? 

44 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Anybody remember the last time the "Market had a correction" last year or so?
I recall that happening but then the stock market "recovered"

This just might be the same thing right?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/12/10/business/dealbook/stock-market-correction-long-term.html

1YsRYlC.png

35 minutes ago, achilles return said:

lH5zLAG.jpg

Gonna say it again, if the Economy tanks before this time next year, Trumpheads won’t have to worry about “winning” anymore. 

They will be to busy seeing their hero behind bars in prison. 

18 hours ago, Wokezone said:

There you go trolling again. Ive never claimed to be a classical liberal on these boards.  Im very much a social conservative and an economic and energy liberal.

"Naw,  you just have an affinity for abusing your power one sidedly. I'd say the people I usually agree with the most are classical liberals and slightly left of center."

Oh. 

13 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I dont know that you're in a good position to be questioning the coherence of anybody else's statements. 

IMG_0036.JPG.701fd2fec25a5c134722c3342205e44d.JPG

We don’t produce enough materials or have enough labor to produce what China does.  Our costs will skyrocket.  Yo broke *** HMDF will be the #1 person complaining about prices skyrocketing 

Just now, achilles return said:

democrats are worthless

Yes.  Democrats are worthless.  So support the party that is both not worthless AND not actively destroying the World.  

Let me know the name of that Party and I'll support them too!