Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

30,294 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Back then I was called a _______ lover because I helped minorities in an extremely racist enviroment. 

I dont know how many more of his lies I can sit through. 

29 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Seems weird to act like racism in America can only be in one of two places. Either as bad as it was before and during the civil Rights movement or meh not that bad.

Either Bull Conner is turning the fire hoses and dogs on you, or you have nothing to complain about. 

Door Gunner and mdrake34 like this

2 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I dont know how many more of his lies I can sit through. 

Just go play tennis, shine your gold bar, and MYOB.  Leave my diverse family alone.

14 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That is not talking down to him, just giving a persoective from someone who has lived through that time and knows what is and what isn't.

This is exactly what the black community needs, another white, fox news consuming baby boomer telling them how it is.  

Door Gunner likes this

Hey guys, racism was worse 50 years ago, so stop complaining about it being worse than it was 3 years ago.

Boomer logic

Door Gunner likes this

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Didn’t know you used to be black. 

As a matter of fact some of my family members are, also Asian, and Hispanic.  You do not have to be a POC to see what went on over a half century ago.

7 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Came across this and thought a few of you would enjoy it.

#1 made me chuckle.

L3GTDon.jpg

BJJ has had enough of a jump in popularity over the last couple of years that even many of my "normie" friends at least understand what it is. 

When I first started, most would just come up to me asking "How's you jiu-jitsu stuff going?" while making karate chop motions with their hands. 

They finally got the point at work when I demonstrated a loop choke and a kimura on one of the radiology residents.

lostone likes this

10 hours ago, kicker said:

I don’t mean to be a **** when I say this but you do know that a jury of 6-12 private citizens decides who gets put to death, right??

Yes, and as someone who deals with the outcome of jury verdicts on a regular basis, I can tell you that is ******* terrifying.

6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

As a matter of fact some of my family members are, also Asian, and Hispanic.  You do not have to be a POC to see what went on over a half century ago.

My dad is black.  I was a shortstop for the Yankees.  I helped Rosa Parks to her seat at the front of the bus.  

Boomers and dishonesty on the internet- a match made in heaven.

44 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

"This racism isn't bad. Get over it."

"Why don't minorities the blacks vote for us?"

ftfy

1 minute ago, Carl Showalter said:

Yes, and as someone who deals with the outcome of jury verdicts on a regular basis, I can tell you that is ******* terrifying.

And reading the book I mentioned last night, I didn't realize how much of "scientific" evidence that sends many people to death row is mostly horsesh*t and isn't scientific at all.  Bite marks being primary among those. 

We should all be thankful that the younger generation has absolutely no concern for the opinions of right wing baby boomers.

Dems should live Trump for this.

All respect for military and vets, but they are not the entire country. There are other areas of need as well.

The budget and spending is a joke from both sides of the aisle.

I wouldn't let our government touch my finances with a 10 foot pole.

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, achilles return said:

@bdog 29

if you're bored today, this is a good video

I'm about 40 minutes in and this is infuriating. This guy hits on why I think all these politicians who think we need to make minor changes to the current system need to be run out of town.

Also, dude reminds me of John Oliver in how he delivers info.

Edited by bdog 29

1 minute ago, bdog 29 said:

I'm about 40 minutes in and this is infuriating. This guy hits on why I think all these politicians who think we need to make minor changes to the current system need to be run out of town.

just thinking about every media outlet that does the 'ole "but how will we pay for it?" for literally any public policy engineered for the average person in a world where the industrialized countries invented nearly twenty trillion dollars to bailout the assets of the planet's wealthiest citizens really gets me just wishing for revolution. 

falconsd56 and bdog 29 like this

12 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

Also, dude reminds me of John Oliver in how he delivers info.

TERM LIMITS...remove corruption where it starts, in their second term.