Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

25,201 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Carl Showalter said:

Like, Daniel Day Lewis would probably kill as Mr. Rogers, but then we'd have to hear like 10 months of press about how deep he dove into character and was super nice to people on set and sending them fruit baskets and ****.  WE GET IT YOU'RE A BRAIN GENIUS ACTOR!

Would be better if Lewis did the wrong research and did a deep dive into some of the better Mr Rodgers urban myths, started going around all tatoo'd out and philosophizing about the mortality of man and how easy it was to make a person's head explode from 300 yards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

And it's hilarious that you think the Democrats are more liberal now than ever. 

FDR would have really triggered you. 

Could you imagine if it was someone like Henry Wallace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Awesome. Let’s make the guy who sued a cow on Twitter our director of intelligence. 

At first I was all :lol: because it's true 

 

But then I was all :( because the other part is probably gonna be true too.

mdrake34 and HolyMoses like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jpowers said:

Just to add something good to this thread....

 

Who else could it be in this role besides Tom Hanks?

 

 

Maybe it was my white trash upbringing, but as a kid I always found it weird that Mr Rogers would come in, take off his shoes, and put on another pair of shoes just to walk around the **** house. I didn't know anyone else who did that. 

Door Gunner, Carter and JDaveG like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carter said:

Fair enough. I did acknowledge that there are people who make this kind of stuff up though. Pretty ****** thing to do.

Very much because this only emboldens actual racist

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jpowers said:

Just to add something good to this thread....

 

Who else could it be in this role besides Tom Hanks?

 

 

Im on 10 can't wait 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Maybe it was my white trash upbringing, but as a kid I always found it weird that Mr Rogers would come in, take off his shoes, and put on another pair of shoes just to walk around the **** house. I didn't know anyone else who did that. 

The puppets were the weirdest part for me. I did not enjoy his show really.

Funny enough, this movie is produced by a Chinese media conglomerate

To finish up my thoughts, Tom Hanks sucks as Mr Rodgers. He has too much "baggage" to play that "pristine morality" role.

Edited by Sn4tteRBoxXeR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Funny enough, this movie is produced by a Chinese media conglomerate

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

:rolleyes:

Chinese corporations are just as evil as American corporations but have even less accountability and transparency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

The puppets were the weirdest part for me. I did not enjoy his show really.

Funny enough, this movie is produced by a Chinese media conglomerate

To finish up my thoughts, Tom Hanks sucks as Mr Rodgers. He has too much "baggage" to play that "pristine morality" role.

I feel like you need a "Is this weird filter" installed on whatever device you are using. It would help you immensely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Maybe it was my white trash upbringing, but as a kid I always found it weird that Mr Rogers would come in, take off his shoes, and put on another pair of shoes just to walk around the **** house. I didn't know anyone else who did that. 

I remember when my grandmother got new carpet. You would think she was Japanese the way she made people take their shoes off before coming in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

I remember when my grandmother got new carpet. You would think she was Japanese the way she made people take their shoes off before coming in. 

n-yakuza-c-20180816-e1534336864897-870x6

SpongeDad likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

I change my mind again. Kawhi should be Mr. Rogers.

The story is fake, but when you think of Kawhi it sounds pretty realistic. 

I say “Apple time Apple time” to myself a lot now. 

AF89 and JDaveG like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I change my mind again. Kawhi should be Mr. Rogers.

tfw when you bring the Neighborhood of Make Believe a championship but you don't really care to be there

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now