Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

43,132 posts in this topic

Moscow Mitch helping to MAGA with Russia's help:

Russian aluminum company Rusal  announced it plans to invest in a new Kentucky aluminum mill to be built near Ashland in eastern Kentucky. The $200 million investment in Braidy Industries is Rusal’s first U.S. project since the Trump administration lifted U.S. sanctions placed against the company.  Rusal had been sanctioned by the U.S. government because its major controller, Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, who has close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin, faces accusations of “a range of malign activity around the globe” by Russia, according to the U.S. Treasury Department. Those actions include interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and meddling in neighboring Ukraine. Deripaska also has close business ties to former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort, who has been convicted of tax evasion and money laundering. The Trump administration released Rusal from sanctions in January after the company reduced the ownership stake held by Deripaska. Congressional Democrats attempted to block the White House decision and passed legislation in the House that would keep sanctions in place. However, the bill fell short in the Republican-controlled Senate, when blocked by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky who accused Democrats of trying to “politicize” the sanctions.  :wtf:

Head, Rain, and Mitch McConnell: Mitch McConnell wondering  where it all went wrong. Rain Drops Keep Fallin' On My Head..."I can see Russian money from my window".

12 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

the fact that this is a real tweet is still wild to me. 

12 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The more I read this the more I feel like I'm going to have a stroke.

If I had Trump’s ear I’d get him to use the full force of the federal government to find out who killed Pac and Biggie.

Psychic Gibbon likes this

40 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

If I had Trump’s ear I’d get him to use the full force of the federal government to find out who killed Pac and Biggie.

At least we'd be using government resources wisely and for a good cause.

6 minutes ago, lostone said:

It’s being normalized now.  

It's not being normalized, relax. You are too young to now what it was like and how bad it was back before the Civil Rights Act was passed in 64'.

Things we're so much worse back then, what we rarely see now (a few dumb***racists)was a daily common occurrence back then. Trust me, I was there, and if you don't believe me ask some of your older family members, they'll tell you all about it.

34 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

It's not being normalized, relax. You are too young to now what it was like and how bad it was back before the Civil Rights Act was passed in 64'.

Things we're so much worse back then, what we rarely see now (a few dumb***racists)was a daily common occurrence back then. Trust me, I was there, and if you don't believe me ask some of your older family members, they'll tell you all about it.

It's already completely normal for the Trump people who don't identify as white supremacists or white nationalists to tell people that open racism isn't being normalized.

Looking at my Twitter feed, it's also already completely normal for progressives to complain that the Democrats aren't starting impeachment proceedings because Mueller failed to give an Oscar-winning performance. In retrospect it seems kinda silly to think it was only the liberals who were getting high on their own farts.

People who are young and don't know how bad racism was now trying to claim today is worse than it was. Any racism sucks, but making statements they have no way of corroborating is just dishonest.

Like I said earlier, there are some on here old enough to know better, or have family members who can confirm what I am saying.

I mean it behooves Dems to keep this narrative alive as it is their parties mainstay as far as their platform is concerned. Shameful  I agree, but when you only have failed economic/healthcare polices to push forward the next best thing is identity politics.

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Seems weird to act like racism in America can only be in one of two places. Either as bad as it was before and during the civil Rights movement or meh not that bad.

I love it how Blacks are racist because they call out racists.

Andrews_31 likes this

7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

People who are young and don't know how bad racism was now trying to claim today is worse than it was. Any racism sucks, but making statements they have no way of corroborating is just dishonest.

Like I said earlier, there are some on here old enough to know better, or have family members who can confirm what I am saying.

I mean it behooves Dems to keep this narrative alive as it is their parties mainstay as far as their platform is concerned. Shameful  I agree, but when you only have failed economic/healthcare polices to push forward the next best thing is identity politics.

"This racism isn't bad. Get over it."

"Why don't minorities vote for us?"

It is not about good or bad, it is that it's not as bad as it once was, especially among our younger generations. But to claim it's being normalized is just a prevarication/canard.

1 hour ago, lostone said:

It’s being normalized now.  Sigh

I've been to that particular restaurant location and, believe me, it's a little posh area that I'm sure she felt safe in saying it. Anywhere else she would have gotten a fist to the face.

She's infamous now and I'm sure the owner of that location doesn't want that notoriety of her returning.

1 hour ago, lostone said:

It’s being normalized now.  Sigh

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I knew wfw would talk down to you as soon as I read your post. 

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

I love it how some whites talk about the Jim Crow/Civil Rights Era as if was more than 100 years ago.

It's only been less than 60. Some of those people who projected those prejudiced/racist values then are still around now.

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

"This racism isn't bad. Get over it."

"Why don't minorities vote for us?"

Sorry you feel that way. Because great strides have been made since the CRA was inacted in 64'. Back then being racists was normal (normalized), I've personally seen growth in people who were blatant racists, you would not even recognize them as the same person today.

Back then I was called a _______ lover because I helped minorities in an extremely racist enviroment. That was against the norm back then, but I am proud of the efforts I made to correct the wrongs that existed during that era.

10 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

He always does.  Can’t stand his crap.  It’s why I rarely engage him.  He equates his wealth to anyone giving a flying **** about his useless opinion.

mdrake34 likes this

6 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

That is not talking down to him, just giving a persoective from someone who has lived through that time and knows what is and what isn't.

You should talk to people who lived back then instead if making false statements and being snarky.

I remember segregation well, and I bet you there is not one person of color that will say living back then (where racism was far worse) is better than living today where more people are cognizant how POC.are treated.

We Still have work to do, but I'm thankful we are no where near where we were back then.