Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

42,496 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

This is why I can't stomach any NFL programming that isn't an actual game. I know it's completely subjective and meaningless, but Ryan puts up similar numbers to his MVP season and he drops 40 places? 

They may as well be pulling names from a hat.

Brand recognition. College football as well. Tua struggled against every decent defense Bama played last year and got destroyed by UGA (side note: **** you Jalen Hurts! :argh:). Somehow finished 2nd for the Heisman. He wasn’t the 2nd best player on his own team.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

This **** needs to be the top story in the country. His political protection is appalling.

You sorta joke at first but dam does it seem like theres some folks worried about what he might tattle.

5 minutes ago, kicker said:

That’s why there is an appeals process.  

Right, because that has prevented the government from ever executing an innocent person :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I always found it funny that many who would never trust the government to manage their healthcare are totally fine with that same government deciding who gets put to death. 

I don’t mean to be a **** when I say this but you do know that a jury of 6-12 private citizens decides who gets put to death, right??

4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Right, because that has prevented the government from ever executing an innocent person :rolleyes:

No need to state the obvious.  Your post was insinuating that 4% of people put to death are innocent.  That obviously isn’t the case.  There is an appeals process that keeps that number far, far lower, hopefully zero moving forward.  

3 minutes ago, kicker said:

No need to state the obvious.  Your post was insinuating that 4% of people put to death are innocent.  That obviously isn’t the case.  There is an appeals process that keeps that number far, far lower, hopefully zero moving forward.  

Interesting point. How many things does the government do that directly results in the deaths of its citizens besides administering capital punishment through the penal system? I guess sending soldiers into combat? Anything else? Poisoning our water and food? Allowing salmonella? I guess we just have to crack a few eggs to make an omelet right...

8 minutes ago, kicker said:

I don’t mean to be a **** when I say this but you do know that a jury of 6-12 private citizens decides who gets put to death, right??

3 minutes ago, kicker said:

None of this addresses the realities of how the death sentence is used based on geography, socioeconomic status, race of the victim, and race of the defendant. 

I’m sure you’ll have some snarky reply about me playing the race card but the numbers don’t lie. 

Door Gunner likes this

17 minutes ago, kicker said:

I encourage you to read a book called The Cadaver King and the Country Dentist by Radley Balko and Tucker Carrington. It's very eye opening about the type of "evidence" that often is used to get these juries to impose the death penalty.

And it's done with the acquiescence and encouragement of government agencies. So yes, I'm comfortable in saying that it's the government thats is putting people to death, and not often under-informed juries. 

FollowFollowing

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and mdrake34 like this

Good luck to them trying to build a modern cosmopolitan metropolis without gay people tho 

8 hours ago, Carter said:

How many millions of illegal immigrants and dead people will have casted votes if Trump loses? 

giphy.gif

If Trump loses? I:flush:

7 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I always found it funny that many who would never trust the government to manage their healthcare are totally fine with that same government deciding who gets put to death. 

Well, if wevever go M4A it will basically be one in the same because they will be deciding that very thing when they decide not to pursue further treatment for patients they deem unsurvivable.