Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

31,360 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Or Trump saying "I'm ******" (when in fact he was so far not) is further evidence that he has poor near-to-long-term judgement. He is not the strategist you make him out to be.

Why would he think he was ****** for that and not anything he himself actually participated in? Open question to anyone.

5 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5384362

I don't support Booker. He is just my dark horse pick. Warren's policies do speak to me, but I'd rather fence sit. 

Also as a TulsiBro, can you explain this

Tulsi got a secret VP deal I don't know about? 

Maybe she's heard from the Secret Service detail about Joe's code name when he went out naked to the VP (Naval Observatory homes pool) and his Delaware home...COBRA COBRA COBRA...when females were around. 

Maybe a few of you have heard of this? I used to work around secret service agents and he was considered the second worse detail behind Hillary Clinton. 

24 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

I actually want to see Booker do better mainly because I believe he’s the most genuinely committed to criminal justice reform of any the candidates, but from the beginning he’s come off as exuding this desperate energy that’s all encompassing. I guess maybe that’s just who he is but it’s off putting. Obama made it look easy; it makes me uncomfortable watching how hard Booker tries. I’d still rather see him doing better than the cop and Mayo Pete, though.

Weren’t there rumors Bernie delayed announcing for 2016 because he was waiting to see if Warren would run or am I having false memories? I don’t wanna read about 2016 stuff to find out.

Don't we have a POTUS who got a bipartisan bill called the "First Step Act" that has already changed the lives of numerous people. I'd say his action there has been more of a commitment than those that came before him on either side of the aisle. Oh, and all the other good she-it he has done that is not being talked about.

Yes, I'm sure there are things that he has done that don't agree with you or other's on here.

I'd like to bend his ear about legalizing weed (every state) and prostitution of course.  

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Don't we have a POTUS who got a bipartisan bill called the "First Step Act" that has already changed the lives of numerous people. I'd say his action there has been more of a commitment than those that came before him on either side of the aisle. Oh, and all the other good she-it he has done that is not being talked about.

Yes, I'm sure there are things that he has done that don't agree with you or other's on here.

I'd like to bend his ear about legalizing weed (every state) and prostitution of course.  

Booker was one of the authors of said bill and was one of the main people pushing for its passage with Rand Paul.

1 hour ago, Billy Ocean said:

I actually want to see Booker do better mainly because I believe he’s the most genuinely committed to criminal justice reform of any the candidates, but from the beginning he’s come off as exuding this desperate energy that’s all encompassing. I guess maybe that’s just who he is but it’s off putting. Obama made it look easy; it makes me uncomfortable watching how hard Booker tries. I’d still rather see him doing better than the cop and Mayo Pete, though.

Weren’t there rumors Bernie delayed announcing for 2016 because he was waiting to see if Warren would run or am I having false memories? I don’t wanna read about 2016 stuff to find out.

Booker is just a corny dude. He isn't a dad but is known for dad jokes. It might be offputting for some, but it seems to be working for him. He has the most endorsements in NH and IA. Activists on the ground seem to like him and Dave Weigel from WaPo said he is one of the people that leave people inspired after going to one of his rallies. 

1 hour ago, Billy Ocean said:

In the next debate Booker has to address both Biden and Harris on mass incarceration.

He has been signaling that he is going to attack Biden. Already called him the architect of mass incarceration.  Debate night two is going to be even wilder with Tulsi v. Harris, Harris v. Biden part 2, Booker v. Biden.

"I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country," Omar said. "And so if fear was the, the driving force of policies to keep America safe — Americans safe inside of this country — we should be profiling, monitoring, and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men."

I want you tu replace white with brown or black men and tell me how that quote would be treated on this board

11 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

"I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country," Omar said. "And so if fear was the, the driving force of policies to keep America safe — Americans safe inside of this country — we should be profiling, monitoring, and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men."

I want you tu replace white with brown or black men and tell me how that quote would be treated on this board

12 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

You're very close to understanding her point.

Lou Getchell and Door Gunner like this