Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

42,333 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Serge said:

It does seem like the left increasingly thinks you're just not supposed to be thinking about any of this too hard past maximum outrage at Orange man.

More annoyed with Dem leadership here than with Trump, tbqh. If the Mueller stuff has no end goal then we'd be better off just letting it die and move onto other more pressing issues.

8 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

More annoyed with Dem leadership here than with Trump, tbqh. If the Mueller stuff has no end goal then we'd be better off just letting it die and move onto other more pressing issues.

Yes, instead of the lies, it would be nice if the newly elected house focus on issues...YES!

You're catching on Watson.

15 minutes ago, Carl Showalter said:

I'm far from maximum outrage.  I just think you are giving him way more credit than his history indicates he deserves.  It is possible that in these weird times (and yes, they are strange), things that would previously hurt political candidates just don't hurt him.  That his actions have the effect they do regardless of his intent.

The Mueller investigation did negatively impact Trump when it was ongoing. Not even he is immune to constant negative headlines and speculation.

The problem we've reached is that it's over and there is no more room for speculation. You can't keep that going by just trying to keep it in the headlines with inconsequential hearings. People will lose interest since they will believe that it isn't going anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yes, instead of the lies, it would be nice if the newly elected house focus on issues...YES!

You're catching on Watson.

Does that mean the Senate should pass the $15 minimum wage and voting rights bills?

32 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Everything be lamented on over the 24 hours are things our resident Dems are inadvertently/indirectly giving WFW credit for saying these things well before the events took place...so I got that going for me.

^^^^^ this post smells like insecurity

30 minutes ago, Carl Showalter said:

I'm far from maximum outrage.  I just think you are giving him way more credit than his history indicates he deserves.  It is possible that in these weird times (and yes, they are strange), things that would previously hurt political candidates just don't hurt him.  That his actions have the effect they do regardless of his intent.

It's also possible that something isn't a coincidence just because we've been conditioned to think of all Trump behavior as only affecting the political environment by stupid coincidence.

FTR If the Mueller hearing wasn't rescheduled, the racist tweets would have come out just a few days before the hearing. Maybe that's just an even bigger coincidence.

12 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Does that mean the Senate should pass the $15 minimum wage and voting rights bills?

If you want to lose 1.3 million jobs, YES!

Or better yet, if Bernie's paying staff $13 hour staff can be bumped up to $15 an hour, the YES.

Do your homework

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Or better yet, if Bernie's paying staff $13 hour staff can be bumped up to $15 an hour, the YES.

Do your homework

Those small business owners should just "get a second job". 

3 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

Those small business owners should just "get a second job". 

What business owner do you know is making $15 an hour? If that is the case they need to work for a successful business owner.

Please, you can sit back down at the kiddies table.

Address Bernie's hypocrisy.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

What business owner do you know is making $15 an hour? If that is the case they need to work for a successful business owner.

Please, you can sit back down at the kiddies table.

Address Bernie's hypocrisy.

The millions of jobs that you mentioned would be lost would be from small businesses who wouldn't be able to afford the pay increase.   I counter that with the Republican response to underpaid workers...."get a second job".

10 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Do your homework

They're getting paid $17 per hour now. ^_^

28 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The Mueller investigation did negatively impact Trump when it was ongoing. Not even he is immune to constant negative headlines and speculation.

The problem we've reached is that it's over and there is no more room for speculation. You can't keep that going by just trying to keep it in the headlines with inconsequential hearings. People will lose interest since they will believe that it isn't going anywhere else.

I don’t disagree with this at all. My only point is I don’t think Trump is enacting any well thought out strategy when he tweets/says/does a bunch of dumb/racist/narcissistic/impulsive ****.

2 minutes ago, Carl Showalter said:

I don’t disagree with this at all. My only point is I don’t think Trump is enacting any well thought out strategy when he tweets/says/does a bunch of dumb/racist/narcissistic/impulsive ****.

35% of the country thinks it’s the coolest thing ever that he does that stuff. Nobody that voted for Trump in 2016 is going to vote for Biden, Warren, Sanders, or Harris. 

This stuff is just the new norm now for the GOP. “Trump Republicans” will just keep shouting the quiet parts out loud. If you think this is bad, wait for President Don Jr’s twitter feed. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Showalter said:

They rescheduled the hearing from the 17th to the 24th, and Trump's tweets were like a day or two after they rescheduled. Could be a coincidence, could be Trump smelled the desperation and tweeted something that would make the left accuse Pelosi of siding with Republicans in the week before the hearing.

He really, really would not have to be a genius. All he'd really need to understand is how politics work on Twitter.

11 minutes ago, Serge said:

They rescheduled the hearing from the 17th to the 24th, and Trump's tweets were like a day or two after they rescheduled. Could be a coincidence, could be Trump smelled the desperation and tweeted something that would make the left accuse Pelosi of siding with Republicans in the week before the hearing.

He really, really would not have to be a genius. All he'd really need to understand is how politics work on Twitter.

I mean, have you ever looked through Trump's twitter?  It is just a nonstop barrage of **** he sees or feels, every ******* day.  He tweets about what he sees on Fox.  He tweets anything somewhat glorifying him.  He tweets in anger whenever anything negative is approaching or reported on.  It is impulsive and obsessive.  It doesn't have to be anything more than that.  It doesn't mean he's trying to "make the left accuse Pelosi of siding with Republicans in the week before the hearing" as opposed to just impulsively tweeting as he has done for years and years.

31 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

They're getting paid $17 per hour now. ^_^

God you guys are so dishonest to make you false equivalency points.

Yes, and they cut jobs and or hours to do it. But you know for the Dems it's about appearance, not jobs.

Sanders said the campaign will limit the number of hours staffers work to 42 or 43 each week to ensure they're making the equivalent of $15 an hour.

Many campaign workers are salaried, so the problem lies in the fact that total campaign salaries, when calculated on a per-hour-worked basis, come out to less than $15 per hour. Many employees work around 60 hours per week — as is often typical for full-time workers on a presidential campaign.

For a staffer working 40 hours a week, [the typical campaign salary] comes out to about $17 an hour. But 40-hour workweeks on presidential campaigns are rare.

48 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

The millions of jobs that you mentioned would be lost would be from small businesses who wouldn't be able to afford the pay increase.   I counter that with the Republican response to underpaid workers...."get a second job".

JFC...

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

God you guys are so dishonest

Remember the other day when you said a California couple was inspired by Northam to murder their newborn? 

Serge and Gritzblitz 2.0 like this