Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

66,207 posts in this topic

It didn't have to be this way, but the way it is now, they're better off letting it go than forcing the idea that there's some way to reintroduce the Mueller report in a way that'll make it say what they need it to.

Generally in legal circles, we call that fraud.

Y’know I gotta say that of all the people who argued with me about Russia conspiracies over the past three years, I think @Big_Dog was the only one who never got emotional, who never made it personal or took it personally. You may have been misguided, but unlike your cohorts, you seem good natured. 

Stefanik is probably the best questioner from the GOP.  It was straightforward and she acknowledged why she was asking questions she knew Mueller couldn’t answer (for the record).  

16 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Y’know I gotta say that of all the people who argued with me about Russia conspiracies over the past three years, I think @Big_Dog was the only one who never got emotional, who never made it personal or took it personally. You may have been misguided, but unlike your cohorts, you seem good natured. 

I got angry a lot, but it was at myself more than anything

18 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

I mean maybe not towards you, but i’ve found him to be quite mean spirited at certain times. 

8 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I mean maybe not towards you, but i’ve found him to be quite mean spirited at certain times. 

I’ve seen him make remarks about public figures that could be construed as sexist, and he leaves a lot to be desired when discussing certain social issues, but what can you do, he comes from another era. The guy’s got a 50 year old son ffs.

And I’ve seen both sides dump on him repeatedly here but he doesn’t seem to get ****y about it. 

Boner likes this

2 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

but he doesn’t seem to get ****y about it. 

Ah I thought that one might make it past the filter.

Qlrd8Yp.gif

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

Can’t stop thinking of this now 

I literally did a double take and had to reread it after he posted that yesterday.

@SpongeDad should stop bullying him. It’s kind of amazing that he knows how to post his crappy gifs.

1 hour ago, Billy Ocean said:

Life is too short to get pissy over politics. I have fun harassing my old goat cheese buddy WFW though. ;)

7 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Life is too short to get pissy over politics. I have fun harassing my old goat cheese buddy WFW though. ;)

You don't bother me, I find you amusing and I don't want to breakdown the illusion you have about Mueller's report. :D

I'm glad you called it politics, because that's exactly what it is. Not truth, just tactics and politics. 

20 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

I’m sorry I missed out on last night’s discussion when @Sn4tteRBoxXeR said that Warren prevailed by arguing race science in the public sphere with Donald ******* Trump, and then having to publicly apologize to the Cherokee Nation.

Well you know, sandbox doesn't understand things very well. 

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The major difference now is the degree of polarization between the parties at the hearings.  In the past, you would have  politicians spin or defend things in committees.  But there were boundaries around them and many more members 30-40 years ago would take things more seriously even if it made their side look bad.  There were grandstanders and bad faith actors (Gingrich being one of the worst), but there were some honest members.  Now they’re almost all partisan hacks and operating in bad faith.  

They look like television courtroom attorneys.  Two simple yes or no questions, cut off the witnesses attempt to answer the question, then tell a story about what the witness really meant.  No further questions. Its kinda hilarious.  

10 minutes ago, achilles return said:

the fact that big_dog is old enough to be my gramps and has managed to avoid succumbing to the mind melting daily regimen of fox news is genuinely impressive and something to be celebrated, imo.

I don't believe in a dignified way to get addicted to any sort of cable news. 

Carter and Big_Dog like this

A scandal that recently exposed chat messages Rosselló sent among his inner circle showed the governor and his allies insulting women, gay people and mocking everyday Puerto Ricans, even victims of Hurricane Maria.

On Sunday, Rosselló announced that he will not step down. Instead, he said he would not seek re-election next year — a move that did little to dampen widespread protests that have now been held for 10 straight days. By noon Monday, demonstrators had already clogged a major highway, causing the island's largest mall to close and prompting cruise stops to cancel port stops to keep tourists away.

"They can't deny it: The power is in the street," Carmen Yulín Cruz said on Twitter on Monday, as marchers filled the streets demanding that Rosselló be ousted.

The public display of anger comes after nearly 900 pages of profane and offensive private text messages were leaked in which sexist, homophobic and other derogatory language was repeatedly used.

17 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The Dems made this to easy for Trump today. They teed him up for a hole in one.

71419898.jpg