Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

66,077 posts in this topic

Some say I'm lucky, but  no one could be so lucky about political predictions on here.

Privately I've had several Lemmings tell me I was right all along, other's know it but won't admit it privately or publicly, they will continue to be prideful even though they know they're wrong.

As confused as Squirrely Bob is most of the time, he is one of the few who has said this publically, but how long he can remember that is anyone's guess. :lol:

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

And are those homes located in desirable areas to live? Building a bunch of homes in Kansas does nothing for the housing market of NYC, Seattle, LA, etc. 

IIRC there are around 250,000 empty residences in NYC.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

JFC, this is just stupid now. 

Mueller said other constitutional processes are necessary to formally accuse the President of wrong doing. 

Question:  What are those other constitutional processes?

Mueller:  I”m not going to answer.

Mueller said that drawing a conclusion about criminal behavior could interfere with other constitutional processes.

Question:  That other constitutional process is impeachment, right?

Mueller:  I’m not going to comment on that.

I mean...it’s obvious he came here with the intention of not uttering the word “impeachment”.  Why da fuq can’t he just say it?  

He might be avoiding saying impeachment because he doesn't want to say anything that would validate the Democrats using his report to start impeachment proceedings. 

Just now, Serge said:

He might be avoiding saying impeachment because he doesn't want to say anything that would validate the Democrats using his report to start impeachment proceedings. 

I get that and he could have made clear he was not making a recommendation one way or the other.  But he was asked what the other constitutional processes are?  One of them is obviously impeachment.  There’s no reason for him not to say that when it’s obvious it’s what he referred to in his report.

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

IIRC there are around 250,000 empty residences in NYC.

Of the 247,977 empty units, almost 28,000 have been rented or sold but not yet occupied, or are awaiting a sale. Nearly 80,000 are getting renovated, 9,600 have been tied up in court, and 12,700 are vacant because the owner is ill or elderly. Still, that leaves over 100,000 units, and the census finds 74,945 are only occupied temporarily or seasonally, with 27,009 held off the market for unexplained reasons.

https://www.6sqft.com/nearly-250000-nyc-rental-apartments-sit-vacant/

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I get that and he could have made clear he was not making a recommendation one way or the other.  But he was asked what the other constitutional processes are?  One of them is obviously impeachment.  There’s no reason for him not to say that when it’s obvious it’s what he referred to in his report.

Imagine this line of questions...

In your report, you found that Don McGahn was ordered to fire you.  Who made that order?

I’m not going to say.

That person was Donald Trump, yes?

I’m not going to comment on that.  

You mentioned a person who told McGahn to fire you, right?

Yes.

Was that person Donald Trump?

I can’t speak to that.

It’s patently stupid.

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Many of the 75,000 temporary apartments are pied-à-terres–think weekend or vacation homes for the rich–a number that’s expanded from 9,282 in 1987. As for that unexplained 27,009 units, housing advocates believe that landlords are deliberately holding apartments off the market, perhaps in order to rent them out on services like Airbnb.

Then, of course, the vacancy rate for the ever-pricier luxury pads hitting the market is growing. According to the News, almost half the apartments available for rent cost more than $2,000 a month, and the vacancy rate for them is above 7 percent.

Just building more residences isn't helpful. What is being built also matters. Building unaffordable units that drive up the rent elsewhere will just throw fuel onto the fire.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

The people that want to start impeachment proceedings don't care whether or not he makes the recommendation. If he's concerned at all about why they have so much more faith in the efficacy of his investigation than he does, he might be worried about a soundbite turning into his tacit approval for making that move.

Can we get to the Crux of the Mueller investigation/RC/Hoax? 

Russian meddling, not one single vote was changed in the election's outcome.

You know who said that?

Rod Rosenstein, who said that when he read the Russian indictments at a presser.

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Just building more residences isn't helpful. What is being built also matters. Building unaffordable units that drive up the rent elsewhere will just throw fuel onto the fire.

NIMBYs don't care about the type of unit. 

30 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

JFC, this is just stupid now. 

Mueller said other constitutional processes are necessary to formally accuse the President of wrong doing. 

Question:  What are those other constitutional processes?

Mueller:  I”m not going to answer.

Mueller said that drawing a conclusion about criminal behavior could interfere with other constitutional processes.

Question:  That other constitutional process is impeachment, right?

Mueller:  I’m not going to comment on that.

I mean...it’s obvious he came here with the intention of not uttering the word “impeachment”.  Why da fuq can’t he just say it?  

Cause he can't. DOJ rules are what he is trying to abide by. Is that being a wuss? Yes. He is no longer employed by the DOJ and should have manned up.

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

NIMBYs don't care about the type of unit. 

I'm getting flashbacks of one of the numerous times he was promoting georgism and bemoaned that if only east Asia implemented it then communism wouldn't have taken root. Then he got mad at everyone who pointed out that it was implemented in those countries before getting displaced by communist movements.

Not really related but I don't get why he's on the pedestal he's been placed on.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

How about the confirmed Obstruction?  Watch an impeachment hearing as a result.

2 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Cause he can't. DOJ rules are what he is trying to abide by. Is that being a wuss? Yes. He is no longer employed by the DOJ and should have manned up.

What rule keeps him from naming the "other constitutional processes" he wrote in his report?

17 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Can we get to the Crux of the Mueller investigation/RC/Hoax? 

Russian meddling, not one single vote was changed in the election's outcome.

You know who said that?

Rod Rosenstein, who said that when he read the Russian indictments at a presser.

Imagine being the only person here who constantly talks about this and also complaining that people need to let it go.

Andrews_31, Boner and falconsd56 like this

7 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

How about the confirmed Obstruction?  Watch an impeachment hearing as a result.

Please, I hope you Dems are dumb enough to proceed with the IMPEACHMENT.

Trump (according to me will win in a landslide) but this would just seal my prognostication.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Imagine being the only person here who constantly talks about this and also complaining that people need to let it go.

I don't think it's necessary to call out Squirrely Bob like that. We all know it, but show some respect for your elders, son.

13 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

What rule keeps him from naming the "other constitutional processes" he wrote in his report?

In this instance  ongoing investigations are confidential. I believe he was referring to ongoing issues.

On 7/23/2019 at 10:34 AM, Psychic Gibbon said:

Catching up on last night’s posts and saw where you guys were making fun of Booker but nobody’s gonna say anything about Demi Lovato dressing like Sue Ellen Mischke?

mdrake34 likes this