Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,214 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

lol   I have been schooled to the point of embarassment more than once.  Anyone who needs to win every conversation is just childish.   Sometimes you have to get your *** whipped to be humble enough to know that you just dont know much.

I'm pretty humble when I'm having one of my spells, to the extent that I'm howling in confused, silent agony about something I have no control over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flip Flop said:

Trumps base does not care that his is an ***.  Actually, IMO, that is one of the things that they like best about him.  He is a big F U to politicos.

Right, Trump’s base doesn’t care if he’s a racist or spouts racist rhetoric.  Because a lot of them are deplorable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Right, Trump’s base doesn’t care if he’s a racist or spouts racist rhetoric.  Because a lot of them are deplorable.  

Acting "Presidential" stopped being relevant after Clinton got a B.J. in the White house. Locker-room talk and Beer summits are the norm.

....still funny to watch the Hipster Left try to snatch the moral crusader role from the evangelical right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Right, Trump’s base doesn’t care if he’s a racist or spouts racist rhetoric.  Because a lot of them are deplorable.  

Maybe a little, Thats not the larger portion.  IMO, Trumps base thinks that politicians, reporters, and the whole chattering class are full of horse manure.  From the Trumpsters' perspective, they sent someone that knows how to deal with self absorbed know-it-alls and from their perspective, he has.

Serge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

It’s like if when Donny leaned in on the Dude and Walter Sobchak’s conversations in the bowling alley, but instead of saying “I am the walrus” he made some dumb joke about Bill Clinton to try to get a rise out of The Dude while Walter hooted in approval. 

::Walter:: 

“They peed on your ******* rug.”

::The Dude::

”They peed on my ******* rug.”

::Donnie/FlipFlop/Doozer::

”You know, Dude, there will be a lot more Chinamen to pee on your rug if Clinton wins.”

AF89, falconsd56, Serge and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doozer said:

Acting "Presidential" stopped being relevant after Clinton got a B.J. in the White house. Locker-room talk and Beer summits are the norm.

....still funny to watch the Hipster Left try to snatch the moral crusader role from the evangelical right.

The left doesnt get enough credit for their puritanical ways.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

Maybe a little, Thats not the larger portion.  IMO, Trumps base thinks that politicians, reporters, and the whole chattering class are full of horse manure.  From the Trumpsters' perspective, they sent someone that knows how to deal with self absorbed know-it-alls and from their perspective, he has.

Someone who knows how to deal with other people by spouting racist rhetoric from the highest office in the land.  

Winning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Someone who knows how to deal with other people by spouting racist rhetoric from the highest office in the land.  

Winning!

Yep and its effin working.  So, you do the math.  How do you beat a someone who is the act of whipping up on someone who is freaking out and making a scene.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Someone who knows how to deal with other people by spouting racist rhetoric from the highest office in the land.  

Winning!

The trick was getting the left to think he wasn't doing any of it on purpose and he just couldn't help himself from making one mistake after another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Serge said:

The trick was getting the left to think he wasn't doing any of it on purpose and he just couldn't help himself from making one mistake after another.

Too many people are invested in the idea that Trump is stupid to be able to give any credit to this idea.  Plenty of smart people on the right think the same thing.  Trump is the Forrest Gump of politics to many people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Serge said:

The trick was getting the left to think he wasn't doing any of it on purpose and he just couldn't help himself from making one mistake after another.

 

4 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

Too many people are invested in the idea that Trump is stupid to be able to give any credit to this idea.  Plenty of smart people on the right think the same thing.  Trump is the Forrest Gump of politics to many people.

And when we call him 1920s Hitler we get called hysterical.

Whatever Liberals do, the Right will find a way to undermine it.

We've long crossed the point where the Right's credibility is a joke of itself.

RandomFan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

 

And when we call him 1920s Hitler we get called hysterical.

Whatever Liberals do, the Right will find a way to undermine it.

We've long crossed the point where the Right's credibility is a joke of itself.

Yall called W Hitler, and McCain, and Romney, and Paul Ryan, and well every republican.  Its kinda hysterical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AF89 said:

When we hit a wave of reactionary socalism in the next decade I'll gladly remind our right wing friends how they said it was the lefts fault that they drank out of the toilet

At the beginning when things are good, or later when Snowball was always working with the Mr Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

At the beginning when things are good, or later when Snowball was always working with the Mr Jones.

We can't be blamed. They had been shouting communism at the top of thier lungs for the better part of the last 100 years, of course it was going to always fall on deaf ears. Cried wolf and all that. Four legs good, two legs better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Someone who knows how to deal with other people by spouting racist rhetoric from the highest office in the land.  

Winning!

 

26 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

Yep and its effin working. 

Just want to put this out there so it's absolutely 100% clear what you're saying.

You acknowledge he's spouting racist rhetoric.  You won't denounce it or speak out against it.  And instead you cast it as "yeah, look at Trump winning with racism!"  

 

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

 

Just want to put this out there so it's absolutely 100% clear what you're saying.

You acknowledge he's spouting racist rhetoric.  You won't denounce it or speak out against it.  And instead you cast it as "yeah, look at Trump winning with racism!"  

 

What trump said was ********, but not because of racism.  It’s akin to birtherism.  He is calling these women out as not legitimately American. That is much worse than racially insensitive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flip Flop said:

What trump said was ********, but not because of racism.  It’s akin to birtherism.  He is calling these women out as not legitimately American. That is much worse than racially insensitive.  

Read my earlier post about why it's obviously racist.  He's calling them out as not legitimately American BECAUSE they are black and brown.  

He's had disputes with people in the past.  Not a single time has he ever told a white person to "go back where they came from".  Because that phrase is virtually never used against white people.  It's always used against minorities -- regardless of their actual citizenship -- because the assumption (made by Trump) is that people of color don't belong here, that they are intrinsically not American and not "one of us".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The left has been calling everyone and everything y the y they disagree with racist for so long, they have not only pulled the teeth out of any legitimate claim of racism, but they are incapable mounting a reasonable response to a genuinely gross statement by the President.  ‘Racism, it’s what plants want’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

What trump said was ********, but not because of racism.  It’s akin to birtherism.  He is calling these women out as not legitimately American. That is much worse than racially insensitive.  

Why is he calling them out as not legitimately American? 

AF89 and Leon Troutsky like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Read my earlier post about why it's obviously racist.  He's calling them out as not legitimately American BECAUSE they are black and brown.  

He's had disputes with people in the past.  Not a single time has he ever told a white person to "go back where they came from".  Because that phrase is virtually never used against white people.  It's always used against minorities -- regardless of their actual citizenship -- because the assumption (made by Trump) is that people of color don't belong here, that they are intrinsically not American and not "one of us".  

 

Just now, Flip Flop said:

The left has been calling everyone and everything y the y they disagree with racist for so long, they have not only pulled the teeth out of any legitimate claim of racism, but they are incapable mounting a reasonable response to a genuinely gross statement by the President.  ‘Racism, it’s what plants want’

Didn't address a single point and reverted to mindless talking points.  Typical.

Trump said that a judge who was born in America, is an American citizen, was not fit to preside over the Trump University case because he was, quoting Trump, "a Mexican judge".  

This isn't the first overtly racist thing Trump has said.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Right, Trump’s base doesn’t care if he’s a racist or spouts racist rhetoric.  Because a lot of them are deplorable.  

I think alot of them felt marginalized and felt the government under Obama was against them and their faith and the constitution and they were called racist any time they criticized anything Obama did and they were angry and along came a guy (who in no way shares their values,  lifestyle, or religion) and he saw that anger and fed it and repeated what they were saying and built a coalition of angry people and a coalition like that needs to stay angry to be effective, cohesive,  and energized.  

The media has given him every tool needed to do just that.  

Edited by T-Falcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

 

Didn't address a single point and reverted to mindless talking points.  Typical.

Trump said that a judge who was born in America, is an American citizen, was not fit to preside over the Trump University case because he was, quoting Trump, "a Mexican judge".  

This isn't the first overtly racist thing Trump has said.  

Not mindless.  Just consistent.  Do you want the people who hate trump t reaffirm their trump hatred or do you want to influence people who would vote for trump.  Because calling him racist will do the former an s not the latter.  

No doubt the Mexican judge statement was racist.   

He was definitely generalizing the group of whom Ilhan Omar is the apparent leader.  I definitely think the statement was racially insensitive but more a shot at Omar as a Naturalized citizen to bring her to larger natio al scrutiny.  

Now she can be a heel for him.   She’s Somali born, rumors she married her brother, she’s been accused of anti-semetism.  Ya Trump is a dirty politician.  I don’t like him.  He’s only called out in racism because he is a republican and that was a dynamic that helped him win in 2016.  You can’t wash it off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now