Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,245 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Looks awesome

Looks like thier going with a lot of the book material (hunchback Yen, the dinner in which Geralt obtained the rights to Ciri, a lot of the prequel short story arcs)

Still not sure about Henry Cavile as Geralt tho. He almost looks more like what my ideal Rheagar Targaryan would be. Acting will be more important than any of the appearances tho.

Edit: also had bad or practical the monsters look might make or break the series and the trailer kinda steers away from that (with humans being the real monsters or some such)

If I had to guess thier still polishing the cgi

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

Just when I thought broadcasting couldn't get any worse with Jeff Francoeur behind the mic, ...............Paul Byrd.

13 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I know for a fact this board laid into Northam and his Lt Gov with 10x as malice as ANYTHING WFW has said about his dear leader so we know thats a lie

I was pretty much the only one to withhold judgement, whether or not he gets reelected is still in question, but he's still kicking... I'm not taking credit here, just saying that look... even when the public is relatively united, politicians nowadays can "weather the storm"

6 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

I was pretty much the only one to withhold judgement, whether or not he gets reelected is still in question, but he's still kicking... I'm not taking credit here, just saying that look... even when the public is relatively united, politicians nowadays can "weather the storm"

Northam is term limited, because VAGovs cannot serve consecutive terms. 

Posted (edited)

That was a nice ending.

Get a ******* closer though.

edit: lmao @ that Donaldson smile

Edited by Psychic Gibbon

33 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

He's still an *******. I think that was 89's point.

46 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Just when I thought broadcasting couldn't get any worse with Jeff Francoeur behind the mic, ...............Paul Byrd.

God said what if Guy Fieri but a former ball player

SpongeDad likes this

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

That was a nice ending.

Get a ******* closer though.

edit: lmao @ that Donaldson smile

The Nats closer makes Luke look like Mariano Rivera

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Race-baiting, gay shaming which the left does on a regular basis as long as it's not there side.  I stood up for Lindsay but not most of the left on here 

We could go on on day about this, meantime I called for Governor Northam's head and I didn't get much support here.

Of most of you lemmings tried to railroad Trump, Kavanaugh, etc. Notice we never get apologies when I'm proven right.

This is so par for the Lemmings course though, on ABF

Wait....I missed this?

When did you supposedly stand up for Lindsey? Also get his name right if you are supposedly standing up for him old man.

Am I supposed to defend him against woke person from Twitter that I don't even know? What the ****?

AF89 likes this

35 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Wait....I missed this?

When did you supposedly stand up for Lindsey? Also get his name right if you are supposedly standing up for him old man.

Am I supposed to defend him against woke person from Twitter that I don't even know? What the ****?

I think nearly pretty much everyone in here said "yeah homo smears are deplorable not to mention grossly outdated form of attacking soneone" 

Past that I'm not sure how much more than that he wants from us? Graham is a disgusting, spineless hypocrit of a human being who wants to bomb people. The literal embodiment of everything that's wrong with career politics and not about to kiss his *** or sing his praises just because we can all agree that starting unfounded rumors about his sexual preferences is wrong.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and mdrake34 like this

So my GF and I started this thing where we pick a really bad movie to watch..one of the so bad that they are good movies...the rules are it has to be a bad movie and there are no devises aloud in the room....heckling is permitted and encouraged.

For the inaugural movie we picked a movie that she has some how has never seen in her 40 years on earth...tonight she was introduced to PEAK Swazey......she was introduced to Road House.

Her life has meaning now....the poolstick pole vault that jimmy did was her favorite scene

6 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

So my GF and I started this thing where we pick a really bad movie to watch..one of the so bad that they are good movies...the rules are it has to be a bad movie and there are no devises aloud in the room....heckling is permitted and encouraged.

The GREATEST bad movie ever made is Samurai Cop. Absolutely worth the watch.

falconsd56 likes this

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

This thread is a great insight into why so many are struggling in an economy that is supposedly roaring. And it's not all on Trump. This has been building for the last 40 years.

I have to disagree with him. He attempts to blame the decoupling on leaving the gold standard and inflation itself but that simply isn't the case. His graphs even show that the effect wasn't really felt until the late 70s, which was when there was a shift in the Federal Reserves focus from combating unemployment to combating inflation as part of the general trend toward neoliberalism.

Long story short, prior to that shift the focus was on unemployment. That allowed inflation to grow more but that was largely because the Fed would allow boom cycles to go on for longer. This allowed conditions in which unemployment was low and, thus, employers had to be more competitive to get desired labor. Higher wages for more people lead to more inflation, but overall conditions are better since typically wages outpace inflation.

After the neoliberal shift, however, the focus is on reducing inflation. This is why boom cycles tend to be much shorter and recessions more frequent. Once inflation reaches a certain point the Fed moves to 'pop' the bubble so inflation will decrease. The problem with that, obviously, is that labor never really gets a chance to take advantage of the boom. The moment the economy is working for everyone is when it's sent crashing back down.

So, in reality, the problem is too great of a focus on combating inflation, not inflation itself.

There are also other issues with what he said:

1. Bretton Woods didn't put us on the gold standard, as he seems to imply.

2. He attributes Bretton Woods with financial and dollar currency stability when, in reality, that had to do with New Deal regulations and standardization.

3. Even though Bretton Woods 'technically' ended with leaving the gold standard the dollar remained the global reserve currency so nothing really changed in the grand scheme of things.

4. He doesn't take into account the issues having the dollar be the global reserve currency and having it tied to the gold standard, namely other countries trading in their dollar reserves for our gold reserves which was having a negative affect on the value of the dollar.

RandomFan and achilles return like this

11 hours ago, AF89 said:

Ben Carson just blew another save

It was pretty clutch when he separated those Siamese twins tho.