Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

42,273 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

This is probably not the best phrasing by Parscale...

Honey,  remember how we voted for that bigot because we were “economically distressed“?   Well, I just spent our tax cut savings on… a straw. 

Like, Daniel Day Lewis would probably kill as Mr. Rogers, but then we'd have to hear like 10 months of press about how deep he dove into character and was super nice to people on set and sending them fruit baskets and ****.  WE GET IT YOU'RE A BRAIN GENIUS ACTOR!

AF89 and mdrake34 like this

7 hours ago, T-Falcon said:

@Carter @Jpowers

http://dlvr.it/R8qVt6

And the story has already changed this is why I said im sceptical.

Sparkes told the TV station that he is Cuban, a life-long Democrat, and that he believes Thomas is making her claims "for political purposes."

"This woman is playing the victim for political purposes because she is a state legislator," Sparkes said. "I'm a Democrat and will vote Democrat for the rest of my life, so call me whatever you want to believe. For her political purposes, make it black, white, brown, whatever. It is untrue."

Thomas later slightly changed her statement, saying: "I don't want to say he said 'go back to your country' or 'go back to where you came from,' but he was making those types of references is what I remember."

Fair enough. I did acknowledge that there are people who make this kind of stuff up though. Pretty ****** thing to do.

8 minutes ago, Carl Showalter said:

Like, Daniel Day Lewis would probably kill as Mr. Rogers, but then we'd have to hear like 10 months of press about how deep he dove into character and was super nice to people on set and sending them fruit baskets and ****.  WE GET IT YOU'RE A BRAIN GENIUS ACTOR!

Liam Neeson.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Liam Neeson.

Not sure America at large can handle a vengeance-fueled killing-machine Mr. Rogers, but I'd be in for it.

JDaveG likes this

1 minute ago, Carl Showalter said:

Not sure America at large can handle a vengeance-fueled killing-machine Mr. Rogers, but I'd be in for it.

One that’s hung like an elephant on top of that. 

JDaveG likes this

3 minutes ago, Carl Showalter said:

Or....

9e92dd8c-1f12-4426-b7ac-131dca1d294a_scr

mdrake34, JDaveG and AF89 like this

28 minutes ago, Carl Showalter said:

Would be better if Lewis did the wrong research and did a deep dive into some of the better Mr Rodgers urban myths, started going around all tatoo'd out and philosophizing about the mortality of man and how easy it was to make a person's head explode from 300 yards

6 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

And it's hilarious that you think the Democrats are more liberal now than ever. 

FDR would have really triggered you. 

Could you imagine if it was someone like Henry Wallace.

10 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Awesome. Let’s make the guy who sued a cow on Twitter our director of intelligence. 

At first I was all :lol: because it's true 

But then I was all :( because the other part is probably gonna be true too.

HolyMoses and mdrake34 like this

1 hour ago, Jpowers said:

Just to add something good to this thread....

Who else could it be in this role besides Tom Hanks?

Maybe it was my white trash upbringing, but as a kid I always found it weird that Mr Rogers would come in, take off his shoes, and put on another pair of shoes just to walk around the **** house. I didn't know anyone else who did that. 

Door Gunner, Carter and JDaveG like this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Fair enough. I did acknowledge that there are people who make this kind of stuff up though. Pretty ****** thing to do.

Very much because this only emboldens actual racist

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, Jpowers said:

Just to add something good to this thread....

Who else could it be in this role besides Tom Hanks?

Im on 10 can't wait 

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Maybe it was my white trash upbringing, but as a kid I always found it weird that Mr Rogers would come in, take off his shoes, and put on another pair of shoes just to walk around the **** house. I didn't know anyone else who did that. 

The puppets were the weirdest part for me. I did not enjoy his show really.

Funny enough, this movie is produced by a Chinese media conglomerate

To finish up my thoughts, Tom Hanks sucks as Mr Rodgers. He has too much "baggage" to play that "pristine morality" role.

Edited by Sn4tteRBoxXeR

6 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

:rolleyes:

Chinese corporations are just as evil as American corporations but have even less accountability and transparency.

16 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

The puppets were the weirdest part for me. I did not enjoy his show really.

To finish up my thoughts, Tom Hanks sucks as Mr Rodgers. He has too much "baggage" to play that "pristine morality" role.

I feel like you need a "Is this weird filter" installed on whatever device you are using. It would help you immensely.

mdrake34, Carter, JDaveG and 1 other like this