Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

25,537 posts in this topic

Off to the lake people. Be safe out there, it is 101 here in Northern Virginia. Supposed to be hotter than that down in Central VA...stay hydrated. 

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

More race baiting/shaming against people who are not voting for the right "party" more of the same just a different day. 

Every...single...day

Same thing.

It got old 11 years ago.  Now it's just beating a dead horse.  Not even a dead horse, not even a rotting horse.  The dusty bones of an old dead horse.  

2 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Every...single...day

Same thing.

It got old 11 years ago.  Now it's just beating a dead horse.  Not even a dead horse, not even a rotting horse.  The dusty bones of an old dead horse.  

You just racebaited HM a few minutes ago.

Andrews_31 likes this

19 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Dear magic 8 ball, is HM safe if congress and the white house were full of people that thought like Omar?

Omar is not telling Jews to “go back to Israel”.  Omar is not stereotyping Jews and calling them dangerous and anti-American.  Omar has not called for the death penalty for five innocent Jewish men.  Omar is not leading “send them back” chants about Jewish members of Congress.

Trump’s done all of those things against black and brown people.  Seems that Trump is more dangerous to minorities than Omar.

1 minute ago, Andrews_31 said:

A perma-ban is in order (and I see the quotes because I have the dunce on ignore).  Stunned (not really considering the person who is doing it), and this has gotten OLD!

Yes I am very politically opinionated but I have been going out of my way to to not engage in flame wars and follow the CoC to the best of my ability.  

You're stuck with me.  You can't get rid of people just because you don't like their opinion.  Yes I received warnings and I am abiding by those warnings.  

Maybe one day you'll see the light and say "Oh...SB was right!".  I'm not holding my breath though.  

21 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

More race baiting/shaming against people who are not voting for the right "party" more of the same just a different day. 

Shouldn't you be looking for another lie to post. 

Just now, The Legendary SB said:

Yes I am very politically opinionated but I have been going out of my way to to not engage in flame wars and follow the CoC to the best of my ability.  

You're stuck with me.  You can't get rid of people just because you don't like their opinion.  Yes I received warnings and I am abiding by those warnings.  

Maybe one day you'll see the light and say "Oh...SB was right!".  I'm not holding my breath though.  

You are a racist, and you're spreading racist tropes on this message board. There's no place for that here, or anywhere.

1 minute ago, eatcorn said:

You are a racist, and you're spreading racist tropes on this message board. There's no place for that here, or anywhere.

come on wtf GIF

I have no idea what you're talking about. 

Maybe I just can't get into the mindset of screaming racism at everything I disagree with.  

I think the boldness with which Steve avows racist themes comes directly from the normalization of the behavior by Trump, his administration, and his remaining supporters. It's OK now. They're protected. They have a community.

The very real, long term effects will be so harmful for minority communities. Much more so with every shrugging day that passes.

Lou Getchell and lostone like this

27 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I would think only illegal immigrants who have been denied asylum are the only ones that need to worry...

Oh, word? 

ICE Tried To Deport This U.S. Citizen And Marine Veteran

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/17/686188335/ice-tried-to-deport-this-u-s-citizen-and-marine-veteran

Or..

Born in Philadelphia, U.S. citizen says he was held for deportation to Jamaica at ICE’s request

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/12/04/born-philadelphia-us-citizen-says-he-was-held-deportation-jamaica-ices-request/?outputType=amp

I can go on....

5 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

I think the boldness with which Steve avows racist themes comes directly from the normalization of the behavior by Trump, his administration, and his remaining supporters. It's OK now. They're protected. They have a community.

The very real, long term effects will be so harmful for minority communities. Much more so with every shrugging day that passes.

Now you know why his "I took a trip on MARTA story" was a bald faced lie!  This guy is a provocateur, or as we used to call it, a **** starter!  He can't help it, and now he is out and proud of it.  People are going to die (in the USA)  if this rhetoric is not toned all the way down!!!

Edit:  Plus, his stated MO is to get ABF shut down because he is STILL butthurt from years ago!  This guy is not here to discuss anything in good faith!  He is who he always was!

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and Door Gunner like this

Just now, Andrews_31 said:

Now you know why his "I took a trip on MARTA story" was a bald faced lie!  This guy is a provocateur, or as we used to call it, a **** starter!  He can't help it, and now he is out and proud of it.  People are going to die (in the USA)  if this rhetoric is not toned all the way down!!!

People already have died. He mocked them, because that's who he is. 

11 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Omar is not telling Jews to “go back to Israel”.  Omar is not stereotyping Jews and calling them dangerous and anti-American.  Omar has not called for the death penalty for five innocent Jewish men.  Omar is not leading “send them back” chants about Jewish members of Congress.

Trump’s done all of those things against black and brown people.  Seems that Trump is more dangerous to minorities than Omar.

Supporting ISIS recruits sounds dangerous.

"Honorable Judge Davis,

As you undoubtedly deliberate with great caution the sentencing of nine recently convicted Somali-American men, I bring to your attention the ramifications of sentencing young men who made a consequential mistake to decades in federal prison. Incarcerating 20-year-old men for 30 or 40 years is essentially a life sentence. Society will have no expectations of the to be 50 or 60-year-old released prisoners; it will view them with distrust and revulsion. Such punitive measures not only lack efficacy, they inevitably create an environment in which extremism can flourish, aligning with the presupposition of terrorist recruitment: “Americans do not accept you and continue to trivialize your value. Instead of being a nobody, be a martyr.”

The best deterrent to fanaticism is a system of compassion. We must alter our attitude and approach; if we truly want to affect change, we should refocus our efforts on inclusion and rehabilitation. A long-term prison sentence for one who chose violence to combat direct marginalization is a statement that our justice system misunderstands the guilty. A restorative approach to justice assesses the lure of criminality and addresses it."

While it would make me happy to see her presidential aspirations kill her congressional career, I doubt she cannot pick back up the fundraising when she drops out in august. 

People have been calling me a racist for so long it doesn't mean anything anymore!

-A racist person

11 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

Supporting ISIS recruits sounds dangerous.

"Honorable Judge Davis,

As you undoubtedly deliberate with great caution the sentencing of nine recently convicted Somali-American men, I bring to your attention the ramifications of sentencing young men who made a consequential mistake to decades in federal prison. Incarcerating 20-year-old men for 30 or 40 years is essentially a life sentence. Society will have no expectations of the to be 50 or 60-year-old released prisoners; it will view them with distrust and revulsion. Such punitive measures not only lack efficacy, they inevitably create an environment in which extremism can flourish, aligning with the presupposition of terrorist recruitment: “Americans do not accept you and continue to trivialize your value. Instead of being a nobody, be a martyr.”

The best deterrent to fanaticism is a system of compassion. We must alter our attitude and approach; if we truly want to affect change, we should refocus our efforts on inclusion and rehabilitation. A long-term prison sentence for one who chose violence to combat direct marginalization is a statement that our justice system misunderstands the guilty. A restorative approach to justice assesses the lure of criminality and addresses it."

She didn’t support them, she asked for rehabilitation and leniency.  None of the men engaged in a terrorist act.  They were caught buying fake passports and otherwise trying to join ISIS.  Yes, they are dangerous individuals, but they were facing 30-40 years in prison.  That seems excessive given the circumstances.

Also, we should WANT to try to rehabilitate people recruited by ISIS.  Otherwise, those same people are going to start recruiting in prison for ISIS and other terrorist groups.

Not sure what your problem is with this.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

When someone asks what has he done after you point it out that is just bad faith acting. 

Since you brought up Obama.  Mentioning what he does to his own people is like asking what Obama got to reopen relations with Cuba (not helping their people, now that is hackery at it's finest. 

You’ve always been a bad poster. You don’t even make sense anymore.

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Biden's team is going to come out swinging

Her net favorable rating is +7, while Booker is +30. 

https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/

538's poll after the first debate had her go from +5.8 to +9.1, while Booker went from +33.9 to 40.6 among Dem voters. Booker has been gaining endorsements in early states like NH and IA. Just announced 6 endorsements from State Leg in NH. IAStartingLine has him in 1st in IA endorsements and 538 has him in 3rd in their national endorsements. The data shows Booker has breakout potential. He is well liked by the base, is doing better in early state polling than nationally, and is gaining support from local leaders in those early states. 

Gabbard is struggling to make a positive impression. I get that you like her, but you are pretty much the opposite of the average dem voter. Gabbard also hit 65k donors before Booker or Castro and now both have passed her. 

she might be out she might surge, thats the fun of trying to guess a dark horse candidate