Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

31,740 posts in this topic

Just now, SpongeDad said:

what movie?

Phantom Thread. It was his last movie, he retired from acting after making it.

Just now, mdrake34 said:

Phantom Thread. It was his last movie, he retired from acting after making it.

I was going to watch "In the name of the father" a couple of nights ago but got sidetracked. Have you seen it? It's an early film of his.

Just now, SpongeDad said:

I was going to watch "In the name of the father" a couple of nights ago but got sidetracked. Have you seen it? It's an early film of his.

Good movie

Kinda slow but well done

SpongeDad likes this

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

I haven't.  I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark on Netflix Friday night, I haven't watched it from start to finish, without commercials on a cable channel, in years.  I need to rewatch Temple and Crusade on there too.  I still refuse to watch Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, or even acknowledge that it exists.

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

I haven't.  I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark on Netflix Friday night, I haven't watched it from start to finish, without commercials on a cable channel, in years.  I need to rewatch Temple and Crusade on there too.  I still refuse to watch Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, or even acknowledge that it exists.

Ironically I introduced my daughter to Indiana Jones last week and she binge watched all of them including the crystal skulls; which she said wasn't as good as the others. Now she's moved on to the 90's tv series "Young Indiana Jones". 

mdrake34 likes this

43 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Glad you are coming around.

And lol that the left are the sane ones.  Like the people that think this time communism is gonna work or that Trump is literally Hitler...

Funny thing is many if the Lemmings quoted these publications...we know who they are.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Funny thing is many if the Lemmings quoted this publications...we know who they are.

have you and Big Dog tried the facebook app to make yourselves look older yet?

original.jpg

3 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

have you and Big Dog tried the facebook app to make yourselves look older yet?

original.jpg

I don't do Facebook. This is the only social media I do.

Too much going on in my life to sit inside all day between all the activities I'm involved with.

I've taken vets fishing as I give back, but my wife and I are working on an official  charity out if it.

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

"How did a democrat win the NY 14th congressional district?" is an extremely brain worm take.

Now that is a dumb question.

53 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I watched a documentary on Stalin. He was pretty bad even as a child.

It's pretty interesting reading up on that whole movement prior to their revolution. Pretty much everyone hated Stalin but they put up with him since was basically just a ruthless gang leader and always got them money in his absurd heists.

SpongeDad likes this

Her death sentence upheld on appeal, despite the man she hired to actually kill her daughter only getting life. <_<  Same as Kelly Gissendaner a few years ago in Georgia.

24 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Too much going on in my life to sit inside all day between all the activities I'm involved with.

Lol

I don’t have a problem with extending the debt ceiling to the next administration at all. (I think it should be eliminated entirely, but that’s neither here nor there.)  It shouldn’t be used as “leverage” and Dems shouldn’t try to hold it hostage.  

And if Republicans want to hold it hostage in 2021 if there’s a Dem president (and they control one or both houses of Congress), then they’re going to pay a heavy political price like they did last time.  

Hostage politics never works out well for the hostage takers.

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

heavy political price

I don't think that exists any more. Not on a scale that's going to effect anything.

21z0u6.jpg

Just now, mdrake34 said:

I don't think that exists any more. Not on a scale that's going to effect anything.

21z0u6.jpg

Seriously. The only way it'd matter is if it's happening directly leading up to an election. Otherwise people will forget about it since something else will overwhelm the news cycle.

:shrug: 

“Heavy political price” doesn’t mean winning the presidency in 2024.  There’s a reason why the GOP backed down every time they tried the hostage taking game and why Dems did the same the 1-2 times they tried it. 

It never works out well.

7 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Let's see what the man himself has to say:

Preach it! 

Yes sir!

JKF told the Dems also, the gubmint is not the answer to their problems...