Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

30,514 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

@Gritzblitz 2.0 @lostone

ZFg3AWK.jpg

I have to say I'm partially guilty.  My attendance slacked some after I got my blue belt.  

It happens everywhere. The honest truth is that it's mostly due to ego. New blue belts get promoted and suddenly start thinking they should dominate all the white belts and be competitive with other blue belts. But it often just doesn't work like that. Blue is still a beginner belt. 

Blue is undoubtedly the toughest belt for that reason. 

lostone likes this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

*sigh*

Proof? Now white folks just running around saying it en mass to minorites? Come on. Need more than a Twitter post

50 minutes ago, achilles return said:

i could not disagree with this tweet thread more. in fact, it could be argued that the fed’s obsession with the threat of inflation is precisely part of the problem. 

when i’m not sitting in a sam’s club i’ll try and grab some deets.

I'm at the beach with the wife and kid, but I knew when I posted this that those to the furthest left would have the biggest problem with it. 

But the overall point of wages not keeping up with productivity stands. And it's a big reason why the economy is "booming" but so many are still struggling. 

Carter likes this

How about a universal health bill

Everyone is enrolled at an affordable low price like Switzerland or even Japan

Subsidies for low income familys and individuals

Freedom to opt out of the universal system for a private system if desired or no system but you if you opt out you will be required to pay all expenses yourself timely.

No penalty fees for opting out

17 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Ya as a blue belt I fight hard to not get tapped by a white belt and there are some **** good white belts at our school.  It's happened twice but to be fair the first one was a pro MMA fighter that was on the Ultimate Fighter TV show that showed up at our school wearing a white belt because he didn't train in gi.  No fair!  The other one was by a guy just about to test for his blue who caught me by surprise with an omaplata.

First off, who taps who in training should never, ever be a concern. It's training and it's really hard to get better if your main concern is not getting tapped by a lower belt. 

When I first got my blue I was of that mindset. Add on the fact that I'm 44 years old and train in an MMA gym. A new white belt here is usually a guy in his early 20s, built like an action figure, and has been wrestling since he was 7.

You just have to accept the fact that a new blue belt is still going to get caught occasionally by athletic white belts and get toyed with by advanced blue belts. And that's totally ok. 

At the end of the day, belts really don't mean ****. It's who keeps showing up that matters. 

14 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Similar story at my gym.  Our head instructor is the highest ranking BJJ guy in the state to my knowledge so it attacts high end wrestlers and MMA guys.  There are at least 4 UFC fighters that have trained at our gym, a couple of them pretty regularly.  Since I'm a big guy I usually get paired up with the biggest toughest 20 something year old in the class which makes for a hard night.    

Good. Only makes you better. 

39 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Proof? Now white folks just running around saying it en mass to minorites? Come on. Need more than a Twitter post

What do you hope to accomplish with this? Prove that it’s not happening? Potentially use a case where someone makes it up to dismiss engrained racism as an issue in this country?

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

What do you hope to accomplish with this? Prove that it’s not happening? Potentially use a case where someone makes it up to dismiss engrained racism as an issue in this country?

naw ive just seen fake allegations too often. the church that "white racist" burned down was actually a black guy, "white guys" hung up nooses video evidence turned out to show it was black guys who put them up there, seen it happen in workplaces. In the wake of Trumps statements youre going to have people doing this kinda crap again with "Go back" and we pale faces will be seen as evil monsters plastered all over the front page while the retraction a month later is on the last page at the bottom in 2pt font. we've seen a few cases of it happening on here already, but I don't trust a random twitter post with no evidence. 

Edited by T-Falcon

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

We know for a fact that domestic white extremist attacks have risen in the past several years, there's data to prove it

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/03/world/white-extremist-terrorism-christchurch.html

The Global Reach of White Extremism

There were five white extremist attacks in Australia from 2011 through 2017, all of which were attacks on mosques and Islamic centers. There were no such attacks in New Zealand during that same period.

Then the massacre of worshippers at two mosques in Christchurch on March 15 — the deadliest shooting in modern New Zealand history — helped put the global nature of white extremism into relief. The shooter was an Australian man who said he was radicalized during his travels in Europe and designed his attack to draw an American audience.

Experts say the same broad motives are at play whether the target is a mosque in Perth or an asylum seekers’ shelter in Dresden or a synagogue in Pittsburgh. Attackers who identify as white, Christian and culturally European see an attack on their privileged position in the West by immigrants, Muslims and other religious and racial minorities.

The difference now is that it is easier than ever for extremists to connect both domestically and across continents, according to Mr. Berger, the “Extremism” author. The entry point for radicalization is less narrow than it was during earlier waves of white supremacist action, when finding ideological fellow travelers typically required meeting in person.

“This is a particularly strong wave,” Mr. Berger said, “and I think it’s being fueled by a lot of political developments and also by the sort of connective tissue that you get from the Internet that wasn’t there before that’s really making it easier for groups to be influenced and to coordinate, or not necessarily coordinate but synchronize over large geographical distances.”

Heidi Beirich, director of the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Intelligence Project, said that given these international connections, it’s important to reconsider the nature of the threat. “We conceive of this problem as being a domestic one,” she said. “But that’s not the case.”

The challenge for law enforcement will be to buck a sometimes myopic focus on Islamic extremism as the only driver of international terrorism.

It may also require rethinking the legal framework for what constitutes terrorism: from violence that arises from a command and control structure to a looser definition that can account for a wider range of violent actors who share a common ideology.

“They don't see themselves as Americans or Canadians, very much like the Christchurch killer didn’t see himself as an Australian; he saw himself as part of a white collective,” Dr. Beirich said.

“It has never been the case that these people didn’t think in a global way. They may have acted in ways that looked domestic but the thinking was always about building an international white movement.”

Does the Bolded part remind you of anyone that frequents these boards? People that call for "Civil War" and disrespect the country and Constitution?

Edited by Sn4tteRBoxXeR
Door Gunner likes this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

We know for a fact that domestic white extremist attacks have risen in the past several years, there's data to prove it

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/03/world/white-extremist-terrorism-christchurch.html

Does the Bolded part remind you of anyone that frequents these boards? People that call for "Civil War" and disrespect the country and Constitution?

I Dont think anyone here sees themselves as part of a "white collective"

Edited by T-Falcon

1 hour ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Doesn’t remind me of anyone here tbh

And you calling every conservative a white nationalist or white terrorist sympathizer or whatever is crazy as ****. You should really tone that crap down or you’ll get banned again. And you’ll deserve it.

Wokezone likes this

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

Doesn’t remind me of anyone here tbh

And you calling every conservative a white nationalist or white terrorist sympathizer or whatever is crazy as ****. You should really tone that crap down or you’ll get banned again. And you’ll deserve it.

giphy.gif

Just now, AF89 said:

Steve you are literally the last person on this board who should probably post this meme.

Haha I was thinking the same thing

Leon Troutsky likes this

1 hour ago, T-Falcon said:

naw ive just seen fake allegations too often. the church that "white racist" burned down was actually a black guy, "white guys" hung up nooses video evidence turned out to show it was black guys who put them up there, seen it happen in workplaces. In the wake of Trumps statements youre going to have people doing this kinda crap again with "Go back" and we pale faces will be seen as evil monsters plastered all over the front page while the retraction a month later is on the last page at the bottom in 2pt font. we've seen a few cases of it happening on here already, but I don't trust a random twitter post with no evidence. 

I understand some people do this kind of crap to throw fuel on the fire. There are a lot of legit cases though. Far too many if we’re being honest. I know I’ve seen it myself and I imagine most people have at some point in their lives. It’s a really sad situation and I really can’t wrap my head around why this crap still happens so much.