Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,272 posts in this topic

Just now, The Legendary SB said:

I think you know why...  Or you should...

Because W decided to kill the man that tried to kill his daddy and killed his kids while he was at it. For all the terrible things Saddam was, he prevented religious extremist from growing in Iraq. And he kept Iran in check. Saddams.death allowed the flow of radicals to pour Iraq that spilled over into Syria followed by our decision to kill Gadaffi making a trifecta of stupid decisions that created isis. We only had to fight Isis because we created them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T-Falcon said:

Because W decided to kill the man that tried to kill his daddy and killed his kids while he was at it. For all the terrible things Saddam was, he prevented religious extremist from growing in Iraq. And he kept Iran in check. Saddams.death allowed the flow of radicals to pour Iraq that spilled over into Syria followed by our decision to kill Gadaffi making a trifecta of stupid decisions that created isis. We only had to fight Isis because we created them.

And don't forget Obama supporting and giving weapons to Syrian rebels who branched out into ISIS and used our own weapons against us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Legendary SB said:

And don't forget Obama supporting and giving weapons to Syrian rebels who branched out into ISIS and used our own weapons against us.  

And why did they exist?  W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

And don't forget Obama supporting and giving weapons to Syrian rebels who branched out into ISIS and used our own weapons against us.  

 

3 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

And why did they exist?  W

So far the current president is not making such foolish moves.  Hoping he makes the right moves with Iran.  We'll see.

Trump has always been mostly non-interventionist.  He was against the Iraq war even when Republicans were pushing for it and Democrats were voting for it in congress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

That and Obama supporting the rebels which ISIS branched out from.

Obama continuing the long held American tradition of foreign meddling didn't help.

That said, the rise of ISIS is entirely the doing of the Bush administration. They used al-Zarqawi as part of their pretext to invade Iraq which caused his notoriety, and thus his group's notoriety, to skyrocket and made him into a symbol of resistance against the United States. That only heightened when we finally did invade and occupy Iraq.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

 

So far the current president is not making such foolish moves.  Hoping he makes the right moves with Iran.  We'll see.

Trump has always been mostly non-interventionist.  He was against the Iraq war even when Republicans were pushing for it and Democrats were voting for it in congress.

Yes he's making all the right moves.... Like bringing in Bolton?

How many people died or were injured in the oil tankers "attack" by Iran?

Edited by T-Falcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Obama continuing the long held American tradition of foreign meddling didn't help.

That said, the rise of ISIS is entirely the doing of the Bush administration. They used al-Zarqawi as part of their pretext to invade Iraq which caused his notoriety, and thus his group's notoriety, to skyrocket and made him into a symbol of resistance against the United States. That only heightened when we finally did invade and occupy Iraq.

You are wrong to absolve Obama from this.

Obama and Hillary dumped a ton of support to Syrian rebels in 2012 including supplying arms.  Guess where ISIS got the majority of its weapons?  Pulling out of Iraq prematurely in 2011 also didn't help as it created a power vacuum filled in by ISIS.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

woke worzone vs. abf "moderates" is good interwebz

Notice how neither one of us is calling each other a racist?  It's nice eh?

Also I'm a pretty hard core righty economically.  I am not a moderate when it comes to economics.  I'm a full Milton Friedman fiscal conservative.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Notice how neither one of us is calling each other a racist?  It's nice eh?

Also I'm a pretty hard core righty economically.  I am not a moderate when it comes to economics.  I'm a full Milton Friedman fiscal conservative.  

You’re not talking about a racist topic outside of the hard on America has for bombing brown people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

That and Obama supporting the rebels which ISIS branched out from.

Nah, that was just the JV team... nevermind :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

 

@Sn4tteRBoxXeR

See this is what I'm saying. I'm not a fan of the Democratic establishment because they are content playing in the arena Ronald Reagan created. I guarantee you most congresspeople in the Democratic party would be more comfortable working with Susan Collins than AOC and that to me is a problem.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Legendary SB said:

You are wrong to absolve Obama from this.

Obama and Hillary dumped a ton of support to Syrian rebels in 2012 including supplying arms.  Guess where ISIS got the majority of its weapons?  Pulling out of Iraq prematurely in 2011 also didn't help as it created a power vacuum filled in by ISIS.  

How was that absolving him? All we managed to accomplish in Syria was prolong the war and human misery there, arm extremely dangerous elements, and weaken the native forces that could have contained ISIS when they took advantage of the total chaos in the country. ****, I was opposed to our intervention there from the start.

However, again, that didn't cause the rise of ISIS. What caused that was our invasion and occupation of Iraq. Without that ISIS would have never gotten off the ground.

Gritzblitz 2.0 and Wokezone like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

How was that absolving him? All we managed to accomplish in Syria was prolong the war and human misery there, arm extremely dangerous elements, and weaken the native forces that could have contained ISIS when they took advantage of the total chaos in the country. ****, I was opposed to our intervention there from the start.

However, again, that didn't cause the rise of ISIS. What caused that was our invasion and occupation of Iraq. Without that ISIS would have never gotten off the ground.

Ding ding ding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bdog 29 said:

@Sn4tteRBoxXeR

See this is what I'm saying. I'm not a fan of the Democratic establishment because they are content playing in the arena Ronald Reagan created. I guarantee you most congresspeople in the Democratic party would be more comfortable working with Susan Collins than AOC and that to me is a problem.

 

Andrews_31 and ATLBrave like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to entrust my or my family's healthcare to the kindness of strangers.

It's an absurd suggestion made in completely bad faith. Don't bother taking it seriously.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The fact is no one was killed or wounded In the Iran attack on the tanker

So either this is a fully automated tanker or..... We blew it up in an attempt to justify a war with Iran.

Edited by T-Falcon
Gritzblitz 2.0 and lostone like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Image may contain: text

Why @WhenFalconsWin is not a lefty :D

Hey man, you seemed to have missed my response to your "have charities do it" argument. Reposting it for posterity

Quote

Do you think charities had/have the staff and resources to provide adequate care to the indigent population of the United States? In fact the charities you mentioned still exist. Why aren't they serving as that now? And if I know I can go to those charities in the event I need healthcare, why would I even get insurance? And who would be there to say I make too much to use the Red Cross for my checkups? The ACA had the individual mandate which kinda did what you're saying and look how that turned out. Republicans got rid of it.

As far as churches and charities in general, I think it was TD Jakes who talked about this one time. A church is supposed to stand in to provide these services, that is their Christian and moral duty and many churches do. But a local church gets somewhere around 10% of their congregation's income, if the congregants are even faithful givers. Whereas the government gets 15-30% of everyone's incomes, no matter what religion they are. The church should do what they can but the government has much more power to help people and provide these services than the church.

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to entrust my or my family's healthcare to the kindness of strangers.

 

Edited by bdog 29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

The fact is no one was killed or wounded In the Iran attack on the tanker

So either this is a fully automated tanker or..... We blew it up in an attempt to justify a war with Iran.

OK.  And Trump has not taken any military action thus far.  His history is very non-interventionist.  

Oh and Trump has the final say on using force, not Bolton.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now