Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,327 posts in this topic

The way it's going now, the left still isn't going to be able to say what he did, even after 2020. He just decided to start attacking some minority congresswomen because he's a big, fat, stupid racist and he saw people in the news he wanted to attack.

And as soon as the establishment finally gets with the program, the Democrats will be fully united in resisting Trump. You know, assuming they want to get with the program, and they're not more interested in working with Republicans than with progressives. Good thing Trump doesn't know what to do with any of that or the Democrats might have trouble with that particular narrative.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, were it not for the prospect of Donald Trump remaining president I would not vote in 2020. The Democratic party is garbage.

I think Candace Owens and her ilk are obvious grifters but she brings up a valid point, the Democratic party takes black (and other minority) votes for granted. For black people, racism is a bread-and-butter issue. Everything they want to focus in 2020 on whether it be healthcare, jobs, education, etc is exacerbated by racism. To handwave it away like it's an inconsequential wedge issue Donald Trump brings up to get Democrats off message is so insulting.

Democrats are more worried about getting back the blue collar white people they lost in 1968 than keeping the minorities who've been voting for them since then. That is a ******* problem.

10 hours ago, T-Falcon said:

What good is the Aca if you can't get it until the best open enrollment and you are in need in July? Absolute trash. Universal healthcare I'm on board

3fcca0b3434cde493834775dcae6b61c.jpg

18 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again, were it not for the prospect of Donald Trump remaining president I would not vote in 2020. The Democratic party is garbage.

I think Candace Owens and her ilk are obvious grifters but she brings up a valid point, the Democratic party takes black (and other minority) votes for granted. For black people, racism is a bread-and-butter issue. Everything they want to focus in 2020 on whether it be healthcare, jobs, education, etc is exacerbated by racism. To handwave it away like it's an inconsequential wedge issue Donald Trump brings up to get Democrats off message is so insulting.

Democrats are more worried about getting back the blue collar white people they lost in 1968 than keeping the minorities who've been voting for them since then. That is a ******* problem.

Dude, with gerrymandering, the senate, the supreme court,

By NOT VOTING

YOU ARE CAUSING THE PARTY TO BECOME LESS POWERFUL

and exacerbating YOUR OWN PROBLEMS

1 minute ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Dude, with gerrymandering, the senate, the supreme court,

By NOT VOTING

YOU ARE CAUSING THE PARTY TO BECOME LESS POWERFUL

and exacerbating YOUR OWN PROBLEMS

But I am voting :huh:

Just now, bdog 29 said:

But I am voting :huh:

You just said you would NOT vote if it wasn't for Trump. So you are ONLY voting to "resist trump" and not for the perpetual takedown of the Republican machine

20 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

And that's how Democrats should tackle this. Not as another partisan culture war thing, but as the consequences that will arise from normalizing this behavior. 

Democrats are too caught up debating Republicans on whether telling someone to "go back where they came from" is really racist. Of course it's racist. There is no debate. 

So Democrats need to move past debating that point with them and go straight to laying out the consequences of the president normalizing this behavior. How it's going to effect minorities in everyday life. When they look for a job or have an encounter with the police. Make it real instead of spending all their energy in a debate over semantic word games. 

Jpowers, mdrake34 and Andrews_31 like this

8 hours ago, Carter said:

Also I just want to insert an LOL here now @ the "moderate" Trump lovers in the room who keep talking about how horrible every other country's health care system is while the US health care system is objectively a complete embarrassment. 

Trump said it would be so easy to fix and Republicans campaigned for 6+ years on replacing ACA with something better... and none of them had any plan. Now they are just doing what conservatives always do and stripping funding away from programs that are in place.

And we have people ITT actually not "smart" enough to justify voting AGAINST that same party because they are "dissatisfied" with their own party. Democracy, for good and bad, works by voting AGAINST the worst choice. Punish them.

41 minutes ago, lostone said:

Did my first 5x5 in over a year.  Good lord I’ve lost it.  My ego was murdered.

will respond back once I am at respectable numbers

If you're lifting, your numbers are more respectable than mine by far.  Stay in the saddle.  I need to get back to it.

46 minutes ago, lostone said:

Did my first 5x5 in over a year.  Good lord I’ve lost it.  My ego was murdered.

will respond back once I am at respectable numbers

I warned you about that.  Fasting burns a lot of fat AND muscle.  Plus not lifting for a year...  

If you want to cut fat and preserve muscle just eat only lean meats (chicken or fish) and green veggies instead of a complete fast.  

If you want to fast I'd use intermittent fasting.  Specifically the leangains method:

https://leangains.com/the-leangains-guide/

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

You just said you would NOT vote if it wasn't for Trump. So you are ONLY voting to "resist trump" and not for the perpetual takedown of the Republican machine

I don't think the Democratic establishment is doing anything to takedown the Republican machine. As I see it, since 1980 both parties have been playing in an arena created by Republicans and have been just fine doing that. It's why both parties have supported unfettered wars, corporatism, and tough-on-crime rheotric. That's nearly 40 years now where these things have been par for the course and no one has really questioned it. The squabbles were mainly over cultural issues and how much assistance the government should give to the poorest Americans.

Yes, the Republican party has become more brazen in recent years and moved further right but the older Democratic establishment (represented by Biden) just want to get back to that pre-2016 status quo, playing in the arena created by Reagan Republicans. Progressives are trying to move that Overton window left but progressives are not the majority of the Democratic party and they definitely don't make up the Democratic establishment.

I don't think that any of the current crop of Democratic candidates save for Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders would really fight for any of the progressive policies all of these Democratic candidates have signed on to if they receive any pushback from moderates in the party. I don't think they really believe in it enough to spend political capital on it.

I was more conservative (and dumber) when I was a teenager so I would have voted for Bush in 2004, but I was 14. Since then I've voted for Democrats. But I've come to the realization that the Democratic is not a "good" party for me. They're just infinitely better than the alternative. If the alternative weren't as horrible as it is, I probably wouldn't vote because I don't trust this party to do things that I think they should.

Edited by bdog 29
achilles return likes this

12 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I warned you about that.  Fasting burns a lot of fat AND muscle.  Plus not lifting for a year...  

If you want to cut fat and preserve muscle just eat only lean meats (chicken or fish) and green veggies instead of a complete fast.  

If you want to fast I'd use intermittent fasting.  Specifically the leangains method:

https://leangains.com/the-leangains-guide/

I haven’t lifted since April last year.  I think that has more to do with it than fasting.  Also losing muscle only happens if you don’t use it.  I’ll be back to normal in a few months.

1 minute ago, lostone said:

I haven’t lifted since April last year.  I think that has more to do with it than fasting.  Also losing muscle only happens if you don’t use it.  I’ll be back to normal in a few months.

I wish.  I struggled to maintain muscle / strength during longer cuts even doing full body lifting twice a week.  The truth is if you are cutting weight you're going to lose some muscle along with the fat and if you are bulking you're going to gain some fat along with the muscle.  It's pretty much unavoidable unless you are a newbie lifter or on steroids.