Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,327 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

To say it was built in slaves and immigrants is a phrase often associated with those who deny that white men had much of any role in the founding and successes of America, only it's failures and evils.

the horror

2 minutes ago, Doozer said:

I was corrected today, when I mentioned the "Black-out in NYC." He told me to say "power outage" because it's more PC. Completely serious about it too.

We're all going to be thought of as racist Grandpas by our grand-children... aren't we?

I don't think this point in history will treat you guys as positive outcomes for America, no.

5 minutes ago, Statick said:

Actually, no. To say it was built by slaves and immigrants is a counter-phrase to those people who like to point out that it was only because of white men that America was founded and that it was only exclusively because of white men that it had its success in existing.

See? I just gave you a different and valid point of view.

:golfclap:

6 minutes ago, Statick said:

Actually, no. To say it was built by slaves and immigrants is a counter-phrase to those people who like to point out that it was only because of white men that America was founded and that it was only exclusively because of white men that it had its success in existing.

See? I just gave you a different and valid point of view.

We could say America was built by Americans of all shades and colors and all spilled their blood and continue to spill their blood to make this country a land of freedom. 

Just now, T-Falcon said:

We could say America was built by Americans of all shades and colors and all spilled their blood and continue to spill their blood to make this country a land of freedom. 

We could, but only in a perfect America.

And we're not perfect. Not yet.

Andrews_31, lostone and Door Gunner like this

1 minute ago, Statick said:

I don't think this point in history will treat you guys as positive outcomes for America, no.

Can you imagine how crazy global warming and identity politics will look to people 50 years from now?

We must look like children arguing about pointless stuff; before the Aliens were revealed.

Just now, T-Falcon said:

And you COULD add...that a great many of those people were brought here against their will, enslaved, and forced to help build a nation wherein they had no rights, and reaped none of the benefits for centuries.

But you don't.

1 minute ago, Statick said:

We could, but only in a perfect America.

And we're not perfect. Not yet.

There's no such thing as perfect and we are as free as any people in the history of the world.

1 minute ago, eatcorn said:

And you COULD add...that a great many of those people were brought here against their will, enslaved, and forced to help build a nation wherein they had no rights, and reaped none of the benefits for centuries.

But you don't.

I mean what school doesn't teach that? What about that isn't talked about literally all the time any time race is mentioned in a conversation? Is there anyone out there confused about that fact? 

Just now, T-Falcon said:

I mean what school doesn't teach that? What about that isn't talked about literally all the time any time race is mentioned in a conversation? Is there anyone out there confused about that fact? 

Of course. People deny the existence of institutional racism all the time.

And, more telling, the lie that America tells itself always leaves that part out, as you did.

5 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

There's no such thing as perfect and we are as free as any people in the history of the world.

We are, but the way stuff is jumping off now, I'm going to be looked at as if I don't belong here nor can I walk down the street without looking suspicious. I may get gunned down from exercising my Second Amendment rights to own a firearm.

I could also get stopped for driving or die from a police chokehold.

Door Gunner and Andrews_31 like this

3 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

The fact is that the effects of ENSLAVEMENT on groups of people have RIPPLED DOWN through History, with each successive generation of Americans.  That is the crux that has to be addressed, and which is provable with data.

Just now, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

The fact is that the effects of ENSLAVEMENT on groups of people have RIPPLED DOWN through History, with each successive generation of Americans.  That is the crux that has to be addressed, and which is provable with data.

And even before America 

3 minutes ago, Statick said:

We are, but the way stuff is jumping off now, I'm going to be looked at as if I don't belong here nor can I walk down the street without looking suspicious. I may get gunned down from exercising my Second Amendment rights to own a firearm.

I could also get stopped for driving or die from a police chokehold.

Naw. That's the news manipulation wanting you to feel that way.

Just now, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Again. I am an AMERICAN Citizen.

America doesn't exist in a vacuum

Just now, T-Falcon said:

Naw. That's the news manipulation wanting you to feel that way.

And that above, ladies and gentlemen, is why America will never be perfect.

Door Gunner likes this

Just now, Statick said:

I'm not denying those things happen, I'm saying their happening is not as widespread a threat as the news would have you to believe.

1 minute ago, T-Falcon said:

I'm not denying those things happen, I'm saying their happening is not as widespread a threat as the news would have you to believe.

now imagine if you applied this to your thoughts on undocumented immigrants and their effect on the country.

The Branch likes this

38 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

She should just embrace M4A or not. Her back and forth/ lawyer speak to keep her true position ambiguous is annoying and make her seem like a slimy politician. 

Agreed.

Likewise, on the off chance she gets the nomination and doesn't ditch supporting M4A once she thinks it isn't necessary anymore, if she pushes for it and inevitably has to raise middle class tax rates to pay for it people will justifiably be pissed off over being lied to like that.

3 minutes ago, Statick said:

You're basically saying that they should stamp "meat is murder" on every hamburger.