Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

25,174 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

Fox is legitimized by having guests from the left on there, which is why so much of the left refuses to go on there. I wish they'd refuse to go on CNN and MSNBC, too, but their voters love that corporate propaganda just like Fox viewers love their ideological propaganda. And I maintain that Bill Maher secretly hates himself for the part he played in Russiagate, although that isn't really here or there.

Wouldn't having Republican guests on the Liberal shows legitimize them? Especially with the constant attack from Trump that they are fake news?

The MSM is just confirming the bias.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Harris sucks so much.

She should just embrace M4A or not. Her back and forth/ lawyer speak to keep her true position ambiguous is annoying and make her seem like a slimy politician. 

Just now, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Less than 10% (if that) are pro-Trump. MSNBC does not "present both sides" just to make a show of it, or to get antagonists "on stage."

I didn't mean to suggest they did, if anything they have the Republicans on there to push liberals to the right. But they absolutely do have some folks from the right on there.

3 minutes ago, Statick said:

America was built upon the backs of slaves and immigrants.

Legal immigrants. Now the left is trying to build it back up on the backs of illegal immigrants just for votes. That's shameful, two wrongs don't make a right. 

5 minutes ago, Doozer said:

How do you feel about people telling you that you need to stop trying to succeed because others, less privileged, need it more than you do?

No one has ever told me that I need to stop trying to succeed. 

5 minutes ago, Statick said:

America was built upon the backs of slaves and immigrants.

And white men fighting the British....

Just now, Serge said:

I didn't mean to suggest they did, if anything they have the Republicans on there to push liberals to the right. But they absolutely do have some folks from the right on there.

They need a whipping boy to say they're sorry. Fox does this too. It's the worst part of all their programming.

That's why it's important to engage the leaders of the movement. Address the issue and not the talking point.

13 minutes ago, Doozer said:

It is downright American to argue with someone you disagree with... that doesn't mean you ban them from saying it.

maybe you should try explaining that to house republicans. or did they not get the memo on "the right doesn't do censorship"?

1 minute ago, Doozer said:

Wouldn't having Republican guests on the Liberal shows legitimize them? Especially with the constant attack from Trump that they are fake news?

The MSM is just confirming the bias.

Most liberals I know don't feel legitimized by listening to pro-Trump Republicans repeat talking points on their media programs, probably because Trump talking points are usually meant to troll liberals. 

The right just has lower standards for what they need to feel legitimized with so much less representation in the mainstream media. Fred Dalton Thompson was a right-wing celebrity for that reason.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

And Blacks. Crispus Attucks was the first man to die in the RW.

Yeah but we know why he posted that the way he did.

Just now, Doozer said:

They need a whipping boy to say they're sorry. Fox does this too. It's the worst part of all their programming.

That's why it's important to engage the leaders of the movement. Address the issue and not the talking point.

Trump guys never say they're sorry, not even on MSNBC. If they're there, it's to argue against Trump needing to apologize for something.

6 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

For starters:

“Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” - Omar

"There’s, you know, there’s a kind of a calming feeling, I always tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence, in many ways, had been wiped out. " 
- Tlaib

First:

In 2012, she tweeted that “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” The tweet implied that Israel and its supporters were secretly tricking the world into supporting it, a longtime anti-Semitic trope for which Omar apologized after taking office in January.

“I heard from Jewish orgs. that my use of the word ‘hypnotize’ and the ugly sentiment it holds was offensive,” she tweeted. “I spent ... little energy [in] disavowing the anti-Semitic trope I unknowingly used, which is unfortunate and offensive.”

Not remotely anti-semitic in my opinoin.  A poor choice of words, for which she apologized.  I actually agree that a large part of the world, and obviously a large percentage of Jews, have  a blind spot for Israel.  Given our history, I think Jews deserve the benefit of the doubt, but that doubt does not extent to West Bank settlement and human rights violations against the Palestinians.  

Second:

I've addressed this before.  The "calming" is NOT about the murder of 6,000,000 Jews.  The 'calming is the the Jews got a in HER WORDS "well deserved (or something like that) homeland.  That homeland was in territory occupied by Palestinians.   Some went peacefully, others not so much.  But it was their land and they did, in fact LOSE their land so that Jews could have a home land.  Other than glossing over certain historical facts (which Jews also tend to gloss over, btw) I have no problem with that statement.  

Just now, T-Falcon said:

Definitely, I'm just trying to be fair with our American history. We all played a hand in it, color aside. 

1 minute ago, achilles return said:

maybe you should try explaining that to house republicans. or did they not get the memo on "the right doesn't do censorship"?

Just shows that Republicans don't align with many conservatives values.

Just now, T-Falcon said:

And white men fighting the British....

A Black man, Crispus Attucks was the first casualty in the Revolutionary War.

James Armistead Lafayette, an African-American spy, spied on the British in support of the Americans.

Andrews_31 and Door Gunner like this

2 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Why? Because I'm a Political Science major?

Just now, Statick said:

A Black man, Crispus Attucks was the first casualty in the Revolutionary War.

James Armistead Lafayette, an African-American spy, spied on the British in support of the Americans.

Correct my friend

Just now, Statick said:

Why? Because I'm a Political Science major?

To say it was built in slaves and immigrants is a phrase often associated with those who deny that white men had much of any role in the founding and successes of America, only it's failures and evils.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Modern day politics is Hollywood for the ugly. It's not about solving issues, it's about bad faith acting. 

Coined and copyrighted by @WhenFalconsWin

I assume Roger Ailes said something similar before deciding that women on Fox shouldn't wear pants.

3 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

To say it was built in slaves and immigrants is a phrase often associated with those who deny that white men had much of any role in the founding and successes of America, only it's failures and evils.

Actually, no. To say it was built by slaves and immigrants is a counter-phrase to those people who like to point out that it was only because of white men that America was founded and that it was only exclusively because of white men that it had its success in existing.

See? I just gave you a different and valid point of view.

The Branch likes this

I was corrected today, when I mentioned the "Black-out in NYC." He told me to say "power outage" because it's more PC. Completely serious about it too.

We're all going to be thought of as racist Grandpas by our grand-children... aren't we?

The Legendary SB likes this