Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,327 posts in this topic

At my frustration weight

i always plateau at this weight!  If I can get past this, it’s smooth sailing down for the rest.  

Been contemplating if I’ll eat today or not.   That would be 3 days without eating before I eat again.  Not even hungry :( 

12 minutes ago, lostone said:

At my frustration weight

i always plateau at this weight!  If I can get past this, it’s smooth sailing down for the rest.  

Been contemplating if I’ll eat today or not.   That would be 3 days without eating before I eat again.  Not even hungry :( 

Fasting every now and then is fine, but I would not endorse the way you tackle this weight loss program. 

You can turn that hard to get rid of fat into muscle while eating more calories.

Anyhow, I wish you well and do it safely.

42 minutes ago, lostone said:

At my frustration weight

How much are you exercising? What are your goals with this?  I have to say that simply not eating is a horrible way to lose weight. 

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

How much are you exercising? What are your goals with this?  I have to say that simply not eating is a horrible way to lose weight. 

Doing every other day BJJ.  I know what I am missing (at least I think I do) strength training.  I am going to go back to doing 5x5 on my fast days in the morning.

been reading up on autophagy.  Pretty interesting concept.  Tons of science behind it.  A dr won the Nobel prize for it in 2016.  

4 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Moreover, studies have shown that the body adjusts to the lower caloric intake, so you have to eat even less to continue losing weight (or worse, gain it back quickly when you resume normal caloric intake).  

I wasn’t going to inject myself into the conversation because what lostone’s doing is so different and I know nothing about it.  But I do know that low calorie diets have a shelf life, especially if they’re done for a long period without exercise.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Moreover, studies have shown that the body adjusts to the lower caloric intake, so you have to eat even less to continue losing weight (or worse, gain it back quickly when you resume normal caloric intake).  

I wasn’t going to inject myself into the conversation because what lostone’s doing is so different and I know nothing about it.  But I do know that low calorie diets have a shelf life, especially if they’re done for a long period without exercise.

Lost a good bit of weight when I did calorie counting but I hit a point where I started feeling sick all the time. Wasn't my goal weight but I wasn't going to push it given the signs.

1 minute ago, lostone said:

Doing every other day BJJ.  I know what I am missing (at least I think I do) strength training.  I am going to go back to doing 5x5 on my fast days in the morning.

been reading up on autophagy.  Pretty interesting concept.  Tons of science behind it.  A dr won the Nobel prize for it in 2016.  

How many days in a week are you not eating anything at all? Because doing all of that while fully fasting for days seems untenable. It's a recipe to get sick or injured. 

If you're doing BJJ 4x a week and rolling hard while lifting the other days, it's really hard to not lose weight assuming you're eating a reasonable diet. Doing all of that while in starvation mode isn't going to make you better, just lighter. 

4 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

How many days in a week are you not eating anything at all? Because doing all of that while fully fasting for days seems untenable. It's a recipe to get sick or injured. 

If you're doing BJJ 4x a week and rolling hard while lifting the other days, it's really hard to not lose weight assuming you're eating a reasonable diet. Doing all of that while in starvation mode isn't going to make you better, just lighter. 

So I am eating MWF and roll on those days. Weekends will depend on how I feel.  I will probably eat Saturday.  I haven’t been weight lifting lately, so I am going to add that back on my off days.  Today I will have a pound carrots and onions and about 7-11oz of grilled chicken thighs.

58 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

DEMOXRG.jpg

Yeah, let's crack jokes about the POTUS being a racist bag of ****.  Hilarious!!

8 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

List of Racist Statements by Members of the ‘Squad’ (So Far)

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/16/list-of-racist-statements-by-members-of-the-squad-so-far

Where is the outrage?

(and note that you can only attack the source if the information is factually incorrect - otherwise this is circumstantial ad hominem)

Oh my GOD, just look at this racism!!!

As Politico noted in 2018, she challenged incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley (D-NY), who is white, on “ideological, generational and racial grounds, arguing that the 10-term congressman was not in step with his majority-minority district and was too cozy with corporate donors.”

10 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/16/list-of-racist-statements-by-members-of-the-squad-so-far

Where is the outrage?

(and note that you can only attack the source if the information is factually incorrect - otherwise this is circumstantial ad hominem)

Clearly Ayanna Pressley is racist!  Just look at this racism!

“The Massachusetts 7th is the most diverse and most unequal district in the state, requiring a representative whose experiences are reflective of the people,”

SB thinks this is “racist”, but says that Trump telling people of color to “go back to where they came from” is okay, totally not racist.

21 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Where is the outrage?

Can't believe the right is overusing the word to the point of meaninglessness like that. Surely they understand and appreciate that some things actually are racist and need to be defined as such.

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Stopped reading there.

Oh, you should have gone there and read their “racist” comments, which I quoted in subsequent posts.  It’s hilarious.

And while we’re on the topic, here are a few other gems from Trump...

Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They "all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.

Forty thousand had come from Nigeria, Mr. Trump added. Once they had seen the United States, they would never 'go back to their huts' in Africa, recalled the two officials...

Following his “****hole” comment, Trump “suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/01/11/trumps-history-of-controversial-remarks-about-nonwhite-immigrants/?utm_term=.128532dcebfc

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Oh, you should have gone there and read their “racist” comments, which I quoted in subsequent posts.  It’s hilarious.

And while we’re on the topic, here are a few other gems from Trump...

Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They "all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.

Forty thousand had come from Nigeria, Mr. Trump added. Once they had seen the United States, they would never 'go back to their huts' in Africa, recalled the two officials...

Following his “****hole” comment, Trump “suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/01/11/trumps-history-of-controversial-remarks-about-nonwhite-immigrants/?utm_term=.128532dcebfc

I'm not giving Breitbart traffic.

Door Gunner and Carter like this

1 minute ago, Serge said:

Can't believe the right is overusing the word to the point of meaninglessness like that. Surely they understand and appreciate that some things actually are racist and need to be defined as such.

Pretty sure Omar and Tlaib are for real racist against Jewish people.  Do you doubt that?