Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

40,602 posts in this topic

Just now, SpongeDad said:

Your avatar is awkward too. Have a religious spat with someone?

Stop talking to me in non-meme

A majority of voters supports the mass deportation raids previewed by President Donald Trump last week, a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll shows.

The survey found that 51 percent of voters supported the sweeping raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers, compared with 35 percent of voters who oppose those efforts.

He is still trying to catch up to the Deporter-In-Chief

What good is the Aca if you can't get it until the best open enrollment and you are in need in July? Absolute trash. Universal healthcare I'm on board

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

That’s called retirement, and it’s also when you start getting Medicare.  Dumb***.

I'll be long retired before I am age eligible for Medicare.

Some of us have actually planned ahead.

21 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Why do people who believe that social security will go bankrupt in a few years, also want to add a program that costs 3 times as much to sustain?

Yes, I am still angry that I will be getting less (much less in my case) money than I put into the program. Unlike the early enrollees who got far more than they contributed.

:lol: 

20 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

Still waiting for actual racism to display itself, but if it did, then the choice would be between the President, and Biden the dem nominee...a guy who has worked with actual racist lawmakers.  So still Trump, unless he had a complete mental breakdown or something.

Don't feel bad, even mods have been left dumbfounded and speechless after engaging with me :slick:

Put the crayons down, Marine.

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Why do people who believe that social security will go bankrupt in a few years, also want to add a program that costs 3 times as much to sustain?

Yes, I am still angry that I will be getting less (much less in my case) money than I put into the program. Unlike the early enrollees who got far more than they contributed.

The U.S. war in Iraqhas cost $1.7 trillion with an additional $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans, expenses that could grow to more than $6 trillion over the next four decades counting interest, a study released on Thursday said.

i found a good place to start. If we can afford to start a war and pay 6 trillion for it we can save lives and have healthcare .

Edited by T-Falcon

13 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Time to see what the Democrats have posted since the chants against Omar:

Of course.

Does the wine and cheese mean they're going to Wisconsin this time? -comment

:lol:

1 minute ago, T-Falcon said:

The U.S. war in Iraqhas cost $1.7 trillion with an additional $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans, expenses that could grow to more than $6 trillion over the next four decades counting interest, a study released on Thursday said.

i found a good place to start. If we can afford to start a was and pay 6 trillion for it we can save lives and have healthcare .

If we can afford gas for the car, then we can afford these new shoes... -wife

The us government spent 1 trillion on healthcare last year

On its current trajectory, the United States is projected to spend $7.65 trillion annually on health care by 2031, according to the Mercatus study. That number would drop to $7.35 trillion if Sanders's plan were implemented, the study found. Over time, that adds up to a net savings of about $2.1 trillion

1 minute ago, T-Falcon said:

The us government spent 1 trillion on healthcare last year

On its current trajectory, the United States is projected to spend $7.65 trillion annually on health care by 2031, according to the Mercatus study. That number would drop to $7.35 trillion if Sanders's plan were implemented, the study found. Over time, that adds up to a net savings of about $2.1 trillion

Who are you and what have you done with worzone? :huh:

lostone likes this

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Who are you and what have you done with worzone? :huh:

Bro I just tried to help someone who is in serious need of health coverage get told wait until open enrollment in October to get insurance that is needed to pay for mental health medication. If our system is so broken and failed that the ACA would actively prohibit you from getting covered for months then it's as big a failure as our previous medical system maybe even worse. Medical care for all. You have a right to life.

21 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

A majority of voters supports the mass deportation raids previewed by President Donald Trump last week, a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll shows.

The survey found that 51 percent of voters supported the sweeping raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers, compared with 35 percent of voters who oppose those efforts.

The questions are definitely left leaning, and the sample size is mostly democrats, but the results are interesting. Believing Mueller vs Trump... really pollsters?

The top two policies important to people, Economy and Foreign policy swing towards the Rebulicans, while healthcare and entitlements (middling concern) swing to Democrats.

What the MSM has been obsessing about (Russiagate, tweets) is lumped in "other" under 5%

So if Trump keeps the candidates focused on stuff no one cares about, most of America will continue to tune them out.

25 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Oh hey, thanks for bringing this poll to our attention.  Here are some other tidbits...

Is the country going in the right direction or is it on the wrong track?

Right direction: 39% || Wrong track: 61%

Do you approve or disapprove of the job Trump is doing as president?

Approve: 40% || Disapprove: 56%

Would you vote to reelect Trump or vote for someone else?

Reelect Trump: 36% || Vote some someone else: 53%

Would you vote for a Dem or a Rep candidate for Congress?

Dem: 44% || Rep: 35%

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

7 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Bro I just tried to help someone who is in serious need of health coverage get told wait until open enrollment in October to get insurance that is needed to pay for mental health medication. If our system is so broken and failed that the ACA would actively prohibit you from getting covered for months then it's as big a failure as our previous medical system maybe even worse. Medical care for all. You have a right to life.

So he's trying to get insurance AFTER he found out he needed to pay for healthcare?

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Oh hey, thanks for bringing this poll to our attention.  Here are some other tidbits...

Is the country going in the right direction or is it on the wrong track?

Right direction: 39% || Wrong track: 61%

Do you approve or disapprove of the job Trump is doing as president?

Approve: 40% || Disapprove: 56%

Would you vote to reelect Trump or vote for someone else?

Reelect Trump: 36% || Vote some someone else: 53%

Would you vote for a Dem or a Rep candidate for Congress?

Dem: 44% || Rep: 35%

It's weird, right?

They think the Trump sucks, the government is heading in the wrong direction, want to support Dems on current MSM-fed issues, but feel the policies most important to them are best handled by Republicans. 

It's the classic heart vs head battle.

Just now, Doozer said:

So he's trying to get insurance AFTER he found out he needed to pay for healthcare?

It's weird, right?

They think the Trump sucks, the government is heading in the wrong direction, want to support Dems on current MSM-fed issues, but feel the policies most important to them are best handled by Republicans. 

It's the classic heart vs head battle.

She, she was kicked off of her parents plan. Had no idea how to even sign up for ACA 

2 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

She, she was kicked off of her parents plan. Had no idea how to even sign up for ACA 

Want to know why she didn’t know how to sign up for ACA?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration is cutting most of the funds previously provided to groups that help people get health insurance under the Affordable Care Act and will push them to promote plans lacking the law’s benefits and protections, a government agency said on Tuesday. 

Under the latest cuts, so-called navigators who sign up Americans for the ACA, also known as Obamacare, will get $10 million for the year starting in November, down from $36.8 million in the previous year, according to a statement by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). 

This follows a reduction announced by the CMS last August from $62.5 million, along with an even bigger cut to advertising for enrollment, and represents the latest in a series of moves to weaken the ACA by the administration of President Donald Trump

Wokezone and HolyMoses like this

7 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Want to know why she didn’t know how to sign up for ACA?

I blame her parents.

Also, were there actually ads telling people HOW to sign up for Obamacare?