Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

49,630 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

For starters:

“Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” - Omar

"There’s, you know, there’s a kind of a calming feeling, I always tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence, in many ways, had been wiped out. " 
- Tlaib

2 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

It was a very poor choice of words in the original tweet.  Trump has never been a smooth politician like Bill Clinton or Mitt Romney.  

That said Trump has won numerous awards for helping minorities prior to running for president.  I think the original tweet can be construed as racist but Trump is by no means a racist.  

lol

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Serge said:

That's why the right always wants to hear from minorities that are willing to say they never faced any problems because of their race.

In my experience, the right wants to hear from everyone.

Edited by Doozer

3 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

But we have a standard in the US specifically on the left that's it's not racist if the victim is white.

giphy.gif

It's kind of ridiculous that people here are claiming that Omar is anti-Semitic, and then posting statements made by her that aren't at all anti-Semitic as proof. 

I do believe that race-based quotas can go "too far" but the fact is, if a white person is denied something because of a race quota, they are going to feel "discriminated against" even though "that's just the system working as it's intended, to level things out." It's something people have to live with, getting rejected, losing. These are life lessons and nobody gets to be a winner every time. Even Trump, his day is coming.

4 minutes ago, Doozer said:

In my experience, the right wants to hear from from everyone.

Hence the stunning variety of programming available on Fox News and other right-wing media outlets. A whole range of opinions, from "Trump should have chosen his words better" all the way to "it could be construed as racist, but his past suggests otherwise."

2 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

OK what awards have Omar or Tlaib received from Jewish organizations?

you're really resting your laurels on "ok who got some rewards for being rich and throwing money around?" as the defining difference?

4 minutes ago, Doozer said:

In my experience, the right wants to hear from everyone.

That is, until they don't like what you say. lol

10 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

I think white people need to be more freely made aware of the inherent advantages with statistics and data.

Because white men will see that "they do in fact have it better" and they will then either

A. work to level the playing field, or

B. believe that their white superiority is the reason why their race has those advantages.

It will reveal the truth about people, which is how we can fight them better. Conquer and divide, the white supremacists and the unknowing collaborators.

Americans of every race need to be made aware of the inherent advantages they have. Because compared to 90% of the world and all of human history we have it better. We don't have a level playing field with the rest of the world and history of human peoples. 

1 minute ago, T-Falcon said:

Americans of every race need to be made aware of the inherent advantages they have. Because compared to 90% of the world and all of human history we have it better. We don't have a level playing field with the rest of the world and history of human peoples. 

I'm an American Citizen not a Citizen of the Globe

1 minute ago, Serge said:

Hence the stunning variety of programming available on Fox News and other right-wing media outlets. A whole range of opinions, from "Trump should have chosen his words better" all the way to "it could be construed as racist, but his past suggests otherwise."

Fox News invites everyone to appear on their shows. Most refuse. ie AOC.

While MSNBC, CNN, ABC, Late Night talk shows, etc  have outright banned some people from appearing, even after being asked.

Bill Mahr is one of the few Liberal outlets willing to invite everyone on his show.

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

That is, until they don't like what you say. lol

It is downright American to argue with someone you disagree with... that doesn't mean you ban them from saying it.

1 minute ago, Doozer said:

While MSNBC, CNN, ABC, Late Night talk shows, etc  have outright banned some people from appearing, even after being asked.

giphy.gif

CNN Lives on Manufactured Adversity.

3 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Bill Mahr is one of the few Liberal outlets willing to invite everyone on his show.

Because they couldn't hang without fluffer questions. The other fake/scm/Dems networks set them up with softball questions. That's why the Dems do not want a debate on Fox. 

3 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

That's worth 20 privilege points. Not as much as being from a Norwegian country, 25 points.

It's abundantly clear to me, both through experience and scientific data, that I have benefited greatly from being born white, from being born male, from being born to parents who reared me, saw to my education, loved me, and provided for me, and that I happened to be born during a time of relative peace, in a country with great security. I earned none of those advantages. 

What I do with those advantages is completely up to me. I don't feel guilty about them, I simply try to honor my good fortune by understanding that not everyone has those advantages, and to try to help foster a society wherein everyone has the tools at their disposal to maximize their potential.

Anyone who denies those advantages does so with the somewhat pathological idea that thy earned their station in life with no assistance, and with the same disadvantages as those without their good fortune.

Gratitude, not guilt.

1 minute ago, Doozer said:

That's worth 20 privilege points. Not as much as being from a Norwegian country, 25 points.

You should try being a Saudi Arabian Prince

2 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

CNN Lives on Manufactured Adversity.

Talking about someone when they are not there to defend themselves is not the same as inviting them onto the show.

Just now, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

But you are a human with a brain. Equal outcome is am impossibility without a dictator or communist system. There isn't even equal opportunity. I will never have the same opportunity as Bill gates children it's a fact of life. We all have our own starting points. If you are born in a two parent home you are at an advantage over a one parent home. If you grow up in a house with a patent that uses drugs and alcohol you are at a disadvantage then someone who doesn't, if you are born with no legs  you are at a disadvantage to someone with both.  There's not a free way to say ok everyone has the same playing advantages as everyone else without taking away freedom of individuals to make bad decisions. It doesn't make anyone superior or inferior to another it's just life.

Just now, Doozer said:

Fox is legitimized by having guests from the left on there, which is why so much of the left refuses to go on there. I wish they'd refuse to go on CNN and MSNBC, too, but their voters love that corporate propaganda just like Fox viewers love their ideological propaganda. And I maintain that Bill Maher secretly hates himself for the part he played in Russiagate, although that isn't really here or there.

5 minutes ago, Doozer said:

It is downright American to argue with someone you disagree with... that doesn't mean you ban them from saying it.

Freedom of Speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences. You can say anything you want, but Conservatives, White Conservatives especially, tend to miss that they live in a melting pot full of many types of people, many with various beliefs, truths and sensibilities and think you can say anything they want to anyone, in any manner, using any words they choose.

That ideal of Freedom of Speech can only be guaranteed in a perfect world, but as you know, our world is far from perfect.

Just now, Doozer said:

Scandinavian countries are notoriously some of the most racists countries in the world. Yet most of our Lemmings cite them as countries to model ourselves after...Mmm Hmm

vttWx1v.jpg

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

It's abundantly clear to me, both through experience and scientific data, that I have benefited greatly from being born white, from being born male, from being born to parents who reared me, saw to my education, loved me, and provided for me, and that I happened to be born during a time of relative peace, in a country with great security. I earned none of those advantages. 

What I do with those advantages is completely up to me. I don't feel guilty about them, I simply try to honor my good fortune by understanding that not everyone has those advantages, and to try to help foster a society wherein everyone has the tools at their disposal to maximize their potential.

Anyone who denies those advantages does so with the somewhat pathological idea that thy earned their station in life with no assistance, and with the same disadvantages as those without their good fortune.

Gratitude, not guilt.

How do you feel about people telling you that you need to stop trying to succeed because others, less privileged, need it more than you do?

Edited by Doozer

Just now, T-Falcon said:

But you are a human with a brain. Equal outcome is am impossibility without a dictator or communist system. There isn't even equal opportunity. I will never have the same opportunity as Bill gates children it's a fact of life. We all have our own starting points. If you are born in a two parent home you are at an advantage over a one parent home. If you grow up in a house with a patent that uses drugs and alcohol you are at a disadvantage then someone who doesn't, if you are born with no legs  you are at a disadvantage to someone with both.  There's not a free way to say ok everyone has the same playing advantages as everyone else without taking away freedom of individuals to make bad decisions. It doesn't make anyone superior or inferior to another it's just life.

Freedom is illusory, so when you use defense of it as a "rationale," you can justify anything

Statick likes this