Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

50,107 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Doozer said:

When did I defend anything? I'm just stating a fact.

You're asking white people if they support a white supremacist group. The entire line of of questioning revolves around race. By definition it's racist.

Asking a Christian if they support the pope is ideological. or theological. Nothing to do with race.

it's unsurprising that your "definition" of racist makes questioning the racist institutions and societal structures of the status quo impossible. how convenient!

i think we can safely disregard the opinion of the dude that believes ideological bubbles exist only for "the other side". 

5 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

The argument has been made by Omar as well as people on this board that you shouldn't generalize and ask Muslims if they support extremist, but it is perfectly acceptable to ask a white male if they support white supremacists. Seems certainly hypocritical

is jim crow recent enough that a healthy fear of white supremacy reasonable? you gave john jay quite a bit of leeway there.

28 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I’d watch it. 

I used to have a crush on her, probably 10 years ago, but something changed about my perception of her in the past 5 years or so.

Just now, achilles return said:

is jim crow recent enough that a healthy fear of white supremacy reasonable? you gave john jay quite a bit of leeway there.

Is 911 recent enough to have a healthy fear of radical islam?

Just now, achilles return said:

it's unsurprising that your "definition" of racist makes questioning the racist institutions and societal structures of the status quo impossible. how convenient

How is it impossible? You're allowed to ask racist questions. This is America. 1st Amendment still applies. So go ahead and ask a bunch of white people if they support a racist group. Most will say no with no hesitation. Omar on the other hand...

Also, it's not my definition, it's in the dictionary.

1 hour ago, The Legendary SB said:

The left is very racist.

By definition racism is judging or treating someone differently by the color of their skin.  

How many times do we hear different races brought up and generalized by the left?  Pretty much all the time.  

How do you "deal" with race-based problems like inequality when you are not allowed to "bring up race" ?

2 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Is 911 recent enough to have a healthy fear of radical islam?

why are you asking me?

this isn't my standard, you were the one that excused religious bigotry because of some centuries-old religious conflict.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, achilles return said:

why are you asking me?

this isn't my standard, you were the one that excused religious bigotry because of some centuries-old religious conflict.

Religious bigotry? Are you denying radical islam exist and claiming it's not a danger?

Edited by T-Falcon

3 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

How do you "deal" with race-based problems like inequality when you are not allowed to "bring up race" ?

18 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

I think my favorite saying the quiet part loud moment is still Rick Santorum back in 2012, when discussing government aid such as food stamps and welfare, saying “I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money.”

5 minutes ago, Doozer said:

How is it impossible? You're allowed to ask racist questions. This is America. 1st Amendment still applies. So go ahead and ask a bunch of white people if they support a racist group. Most will say no with no hesitation. Omar on the other hand...

Do you support the GOP?

2 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

I would love to hear @HolyMoses's take on Omar and Tlaib's numerous anti-semitic remarks.

Why don't you post them in context and I will be happy to.  In fact, post EVERYTHING they have said that shows they hate Jews, Israel, and America.

FWIW, believing that Israel should not settle the West Bank does NOT make you anti Israel Or Anti-Semitic.  Nor does expecting Israel to treat those in Gaza and the West Bank humanely.  The Golan Heights, however, were won fair and square in the 1967 and 1973 Wars.  

Thanks.

Andrews_31, Door Gunner and lostone like this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Do you support the GOP?

I don't support any political party. Although I'm a registered Democrat

On 7/16/2019 at 5:42 AM, Red&Black said:

As far as Iraq, I was one of the most gung-ho guys before it started but when we finally got the call I was puzzled about the necessity.  The containent strategy was working, and why weren't we being sent to Afghanistan instead?  I had to internalize that the the UN gave us the green light and make peace with it.

Iran has their **** together.  Patrolling a road that was the border, every so often there were mud brick observation posts.  We'd wave to the soldiers, and they would flip us off...wait, where did they learn that?  They followed us in parallel, rolling around in jeeps with recoilless rifles mounted on them.  At night they were nervous and had a jet dropping IR flares, and heavier forces in BMPs and BTRs that were behind the hills.  When they put one in the air, "Stop joking about who gets to shoot down the Hind over the net!"  Good times.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:36 AM, Carter said:

Recoilless rifles mounted on jeeps? When were you over there? To my knowledge Iran doesn’t have any Russian helicopters. Their military is stocked with several US models though.

What was your MOS?

Bump for @Red&Black 

@SpongeDad maybe you can help me out here? 

SpongeDad likes this

4 minutes ago, Doozer said:

20 minutes ago, achilles return said:

it's projection, but there's also this hint of "racist is the worst thing you can call a white person" attitude. they get far more outraged at the accusation of racism than actual racism. 

17 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

The argument has been made by Omar as well as people on this board that you shouldn't generalize and ask Muslims if they support extremist, but it is perfectly acceptable to ask a white male if they support white supremacists. Seems certainly hypocritical

Our country has a long history of white supremacy versus a much shorter history of Islamic terrorism that's nevertheless greatly affected how Americans look at Muslims. Asking a Muslim if they support extremists is inevitably tied to whether or not they were happy about 9/11. You're essentially asking point-blank if they hate America enough to want to kill Americans.

Asking a white person if they support white supremacists hits a sore spot for a lot of people, but it's usually a more immediately relevant question and it doesn't imply nearly as much. **** I've been called a racist by most of the right wingers that post in here regularly. If it doesn't mean anything to you to be called a racist because you're not one, then it actually doesn't mean anything when someone calls you a racist. You're not typically thinking afterward how to even out the accusation by accusing the accuser of something because the accusation was meaningless.

12 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Those numbers seem really low to me based on other polls.  I’d like to know which poll is being cited here.

I thought the same thing. Like most polls, you have to ask whether the question being asked reflects what the pollster is alleging. Some are better at wording than others.

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

Our country has a long history of white supremacy versus a much shorter history of Islamic terrorism that's nevertheless greatly affected how Americans look at Muslims. Asking a Muslim if they support extremists is inevitably tied to whether or not they were happy about 9/11. You're essentially asking point-blank if they hate America enough to want to kill Americans.

Asking a white person if they support white supremacists hits a sore spot for a lot of people, but it's usually a more immediately relevant question. **** I've been called a racist by most of the right wingers that post in here regularly. If it doesn't mean anything to you to be called a racist because you're not one, then it actually doesn't mean anything when someone calls you a racist. You're not typically thinking afterward how to even out the accusation by accusing the accuser of something because the accusation was meaningless.

You are trying too hard. Both are equally as insulting. But we have a standard in the US specifically on the left that's it's not racist if the victim is white.

I think white people need to be more freely made aware of the inherent advantages with statistics and data.

Because white men will see that "they do in fact have it better" and they will then either

A. work to level the playing field, or

B. believe that their white superiority is the reason why their race has those advantages.

It will reveal the truth about people, which is how we can fight them better. Conquer and divide, the white supremacists and the unknowing collaborators.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Bump for @Red&Black 

@SpongeDad maybe you can help me out here? 

I know Iran has something like a jeep with a mounted recoilless rifle, but they only started producing those fairly recently. Certainly after we got out of Iraq.

They also definitely don't have Russian helicopters.

1 minute ago, T-Falcon said:

You are trying too hard. Both are equally as insulting. But we have a standard in the US specifically on the left that's it's not racist if the victim is white.

Both sides tell me I'm thinking too hard when I express a thought that ends with something they don't like to hear, even if the thought wasn't the least bit complicated.

my dude, no one here saw you walking down the street and said to themselves "man that is one racist white dude". we're on a message board. no one here knows what you look like. if people here are made inferences about your attitudes on race, it's because of your own words and actions. 

Door Gunner likes this

3 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

I think white people need to be more freely made aware of the inherent advantages with statistics and data.

Because white men will see that "they do in fact have it better" and they will then either

B. believe that their white superiority is the reason why their race has those advantages.

It will reveal the truth about people, which is how we can fight them better. Conquer and divide, the white supremacists and the unknowing collaborators.

That's why the right always wants to hear from minorities that are willing to say they never faced any problems because of their race.

Which is why the tweet conversation is almost exclusively about the one black woman in the squad instead of the three white women that responded to it.

2 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

You can't post something like that without the chart!tumblr_mrj8fndesa1rf4b8io1_1280.png