Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

55,280 posts in this topic

Just now, mdrake34 said:

Beliefs which include:

1. Trump meant a metaphorical wall, not an actual wall

2. Those aren't cages, they're chain link enclosures, and

3. People on welfare shouldn't be allowed to vote until they get off of welfare.

You got #3 right, finally, someone being honest

Kudos to you sir.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Glad you agree that it's bigoted to ask Muslims if they support al-Qaeda since they have, "ideological connections."

That's not why PG's statement was racist.

It's because he included the word "white", a racial identifier; which by definition is racist in nature.

Asking a person if their religion endorses it's fringe is an ideological question. Especially since the Congresswoman has shown that she does support the actions of that fringe.

Now if PG had posted  if he should ask Democrats if they still support the KKK, which they founded, then it would be a perfectly fine question.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big_Dog said:

:o Nostra speaks again.

I notice you didn't object to my points because you know they're right.

Even though you are trying to be snarky, at least you're being honest.

That Metamucil cleared more things than your head.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doozer said:

That's not why PG's statement was racist.

It's because he included the word "white", a racial identifier; which by definition is racist in nature.

Asking a person if their religion endorses it's fringe is an ideological question. Especially since the Congresswoman has shown that she does support the actions of that fringe.

Now if PG had posted  if he should ask Democrats if they still support the KKK, which they founded, then it would be a perfectly fine question.

 

Real mystery as to why I included that identifier about the KKK.

Also, nah, I'm going to keep with the ideological qualifier for the KKK: Conservatism.

But I am glad that you tacitly said I'm allowed to ask white conservatives if they support the KKK. You've been very helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I notice you didn't object to my points because you know they're right.

Even though you are trying to be snarky, at least you're being honest.

That Metamucil cleared more things than your head.:D

:vince:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Me trying to figure out how you pay for a 30 trillion dollar system without middle class tax hikes. 

tenor.gif?itemid=14455690

Harris sucks so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

:vince:

Good health at an advanced age is the ability to be ambulatory an to remove waste from your system on a regular basis, but I don't have to tell you this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Real mystery as to why I included that identifier about the KKK.

It's not a mystery. It's still incredibly racist.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Doozer said:

That's not why PG's statement was racist.

It's because he included the word "white", a racial identifier; which by definition is racist in nature.

Asking a person if their religion endorses it's fringe is an ideological question. Especially since the Congresswoman has shown that she does support the actions of that fringe.

Now if PG had posted  if he should ask Democrats if they still support the KKK, which they founded, then it would be a perfectly fine question.

imagine getting defensive because someone accurately pointed out that the white and conservative klu klux klan supported white supremacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Me trying to figure out how you pay for a 30 trillion dollar system without middle class tax hikes.

liberals-economics-gender.jpg

The Legendary SB likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, achilles return said:

"you guys see racism everywhere"

"saying the word 'white' in reference to the kkk makes you racist"

lol

In my experience, the right accuses the left of overusing the term for political purposes, then uses it whenever they possibly can for political purposes, to the point of intentionally stretching the definition of the word to include things it was never meant to describe. They are the biggest, fattest hypocrites and they don't care because being big, fat hypocrites is always better than being indisputably racist.

Statick likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Serge said:

In my experience, the right accuses the left of overusing the term for political purposes, then uses it whenever they possibly can for political purposes, to the point of intentionally stretching the definition of the word to include things it was never meant to describe. They are the biggest, fattest hypocrites and they don't care because being big, fat hypocrites is always better than being indisputably racist.

it's projection, but there's also this hint of "racist is the worst thing you can call a white person" attitude. they get far more outraged at the accusation of racism than actual racism. 

The Branch likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been guilty of this too.. but i think we all need to be nicer to each other and give each other the benefit of the doubt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, achilles return said:

imagine getting defensive because someone accurately pointed out that the white and conservative klu klux klan supported white supremacy.

When did I defend anything? I'm just stating a fact.

You're asking white people if they support a white supremacist group. The entire line of of questioning revolves around race. By definition it's racist.

Asking a Christian if they support the pope is ideological. or theological. Nothing to do with race.

 

The Legendary SB likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

I've been guilty of this too.. but i think we all need to be nicer to each other and give each other the benefit of the doubt. 

Na ,hate is a lot more fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doozer said:

When did I defend anything? I'm just stating a fact.

You're asking white people if they support a white supremacist group. The entire line of of questioning revolves around race. By definition it's racist.

Asking a Christian if they support the pope is ideological. or theological. Nothing to do with race.

 

The argument has been made by Omar as well as people on this board that you shouldn't generalize and ask Muslims if they support extremist, but it is perfectly acceptable to ask a white male if they support white supremacists. Seems certainly hypocritical

The Legendary SB likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, achilles return said:

it's projection, but there's also this hint of "racist is the worst thing you can call a white person" attitude. they get far more outraged at the accusation of racism than actual racism. 

They're usually trying to make the actual racism into an abstraction that has to be argued over instead of addressed for what it is.

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Doozer said:

It's not a mystery. It's still incredibly racist.

 

Just trying to figure out if you're loyal to America!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now