Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

51,188 posts in this topic

Just now, T-Falcon said:

I'm guessing you didn't read it

I read it. 

I saw attacks on the policies of Israel, then a very convoluted reasoning as to why the criticisms of the nation-state of Israel is an attack against all jews.

Which is utter bullsh*t. 

Door Gunner likes this

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

I’ve done the keto on and off for years and it’s consistently been the best weight loss diet for me.  If you start flatlining after a month or so, consider going off of it for a few days.  You’ll gain back a lot of the weight you lost, but it will drop away quickly enough and you’ll get back into the weight loss mode.  Most of the weight that’s dropped in the first week or gained immediately after going off of it is water weight, as I understand it.  

We've done it before with great success and fell of the wagon. Hard. <_<

We've made up our minds to stay committed this time around. ^_^

17 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

@Leon Troutskywhile there are perfectly legitimate criticisms that one can make of Israel or the actions of its government — and I have never been shyabout making them — those criticisms cross the line into anti-Semitism when they ascribe evil, almost supernatural powers to Israel in a manner that replicates classic anti-Semitic slanders.

Those who call themselves anti-Zionists usually insist they are not anti-Semites. But I struggle to see what else to call an ideology that seeks to eradicate only one state in the world — the one that happens to be the Jewish one — while empathetically insisting on the rights of self-determination for every other minority. Israeli Jews, descended in equal parts from people displaced from Europe and the Islamic world, are barely 6.5 million of the world’s 7.7 billion people. What is it about them, exactly, that puts them beyond the pale?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/01/21/opinion/ilhan-omar-israel-jews.amp.html

@Gritzblitz 2.0 well then congratulations you still can't read

37 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

You really think it’s going to pass????

No unfortunately. :(

2 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I checked a couple of Trout's posts to see if he was trying to have a legit discussion. 

Nope!

More putting words in my mouth.

More ad hominem attacks.

More necro references (along with more ad hominem attacks).

I wonder if he teaches his students these nasty and fallacious debate techniques?

I can't engage with someone who will NEVER have a legit discussion with the other side.

More of the same bad faith acting.

The Legendary SB likes this

4 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

It's the equivalent of go back where you came from.

Her history is saying the Jews are a bunch of big bad monsters with the power to control the world and they do it mostly with money. 

There's almost no difference in her views and Hamas or al queda or isis or Iran or other even white supremacists. It's the view that the Jewish people are inherently dangerous sneaky and manipulativ e

And that's what this is all about. You can't defend Trump's comments but the right really, really, really wants/needs to run interference for Dear Leader.

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

1 minute ago, T-Falcon said:

It's the equivalent of go back where you came from.

Her history is saying the Jews are a bunch of big bad monsters with the power to control the world and they do it mostly with money. 

There's almost no difference in her views and Hamas or al queda or isis or Iran or other even white supremacists. It's the view that the Jewish people are inherently dangerous sneaky and manipulativ e

No, it’s not at all equivalent.  There is no common use of the term “go back where you came from”.  I bet you’ve never been hanging out with friends, one of them makes a bad joke, and you said “go back where you came from!”  That phrase almost universally is used in the context of telling minorities they don’t belong in this country.

”All about the benjamins” and “hypnotized” are used all the time in all kinds of conversations.  Not even remotely the same.  Yes, they should be more careful when applying those common sayings to Israel or Jewish people.  But it’s not the same.

Omar has also criticized lobbyists and the role of money in politics across the board, including the NRA and other high profile interest groups that have nothing to do with Israel.  So your interpretation of her comments ignores her political views about corporate influence, which includes but isn’t limited to Israel. 

This is the problem with taking rightwing opinion columns and clickbait headlines...they aren’t telling you the truth.  

Also, how are her views similar with al qaeda, ISIS, Iran, or white supremacists?  That’s an odd thing to say.

Word of the day: trope

I would like to Introduce a phrase of the day that needs introducing to our Lemmings crowd: race shaming

5 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I checked a couple of Trout's posts to see if he was trying to have a legit discussion. 

Nope!

More ad hominem attacks.

I wonder if he teaches his students these nasty and fallacious debate techniques?

I can't engage with someone who will NEVER have a legit discussion with the other side.

^^^Triggered by facts and evidence.

5 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Nope!

More ad hominem attacks.

The last time I saw/heard someone try to use logical fallacies as an argument this much was in high school when we first learned about them.

Leon Troutsky likes this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

The last time I saw/heard someone try to use logical fallacies as an argument this much was in high school when we first learned about them.

Unlike SB, I’m guessing y’all used them correctly.

1 minute ago, Statick said:

If the Oscars had a category of Best Bad Faith Actors, you two would win. Hands down.

My good faith is as large as my bank account, to put it succinctly.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

And that's what this is all about. You can't defend Trump's comments but the right really, really, really wants/needs to run interference for Dear Leader.

No Trumps comments were racist. Just like Omars neither of them should be defended. I'm not a fan of Trump but because I'm a conservative I must be?

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

No, it’s not at all equivalent.  There is no common use of the term “go back where you came from”.  I bet you’ve never been hanging out with friends, one of them makes a bad joke, and you said “go back where you came from!”  That phrase almost universally is used in the context of telling minorities they don’t belong in this country.

”All about the benjamins” and “hypnotized” are used all the time in all kinds of conversations.  Not even remotely the same.  Yes, they should be more careful when applying those common sayings to Israel or Jewish people.  But it’s not the same.

Omar has also criticized lobbyists and the role of money in politics across the board, including the NRA and other high profile interest groups that have nothing to do with Israel.  So your interpretation of her comments ignores her political views about corporate influence, which includes but isn’t limited to Israel. 

This is the problem with taking rightwing opinion columns and clickbait headlines...they aren’t telling you the truth.  

Also, how are her views similar with al qaeda, ISIS, Iran, or white supremacists?  That’s an odd thing to say.

Not all anti Semites carry tiki torches

2 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

No Trumps comments were racist. Just like Omars neither of them should be defended. I'm not a fan of Trump but because I'm a conservative I must be?

The closest you could get would be the hypnotize one, which she has apologized for numerous times (unlike Trump). The rest is just the right, being cucks for Israel, try to equate any criticism of the Israeli government as antisemitism.

You guys still losing your **** over her saying lobbying is all about the money is pretty funny though.

Just now, Statick said:

So basically, you're saying you're broke as a joke.

Define broke. I mean compared to Trump I'm broke. Compared to people living paycheck to paycheck, I'm Rockefeller. It's all relative.

Just now, T-Falcon said:

Yeah, this version of him has been open about Trump’s racism.  That’s good.

T-Falcon, being aware of wrongs by both sides is important and I think it’s even more important to call out the wrongs from our own side.  But in doing so, we can’t draw false equivalencies with weak evidence, which I think you are inadvertently doing.

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Worzone: "Guys I'm calling out Trump's racist tweets, I really am. Now read this twisted, convoluted mess that shows that criticizing Israel is just like saying, 'Go back where you came from'."

Straw man. I have no problem with legitimate criticisms of Israel. The article even stated there are legitimate criticisms if Israel. 

You just don't want to admit you are defending a racist because the left can't be racist. Hypocrisy at it's finest

WhenFalconsWin likes this

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The closest you could get would be the hypnotize one, which she has apologized for numerous times (unlike Trump). The rest is just the right, being cucks for Israel, try to equate any criticism of the Israeli government as antisemitism.

You guys still losing your **** over her saying lobbying is all about the money is pretty funny though.

:shrug:I'm not losing anything. Just saying she has shown her tendencies. If you overlook them well support a racist that's your decision. Just about you are a racist supporting hypocrite

Does anyone else find it odd how the righties here are so insecure that they are always feeling the need to flex about things that totally don't matter here? Like wealth or marital arts ability. 

I spend a good bit of my time around people with both and they never feel the need to constantly brag about it. Because they don't have to. 

3 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Not all anti Semites carry tiki torches

I get that.  I understand how those comments COULD be anti-Semitism.  But given the full context — especially Omar who was expressing happiness that her people helped Jewish people after the Holocaust — points more towards it being a poor choice of words than anti-Semitism.  

And I’m aware of the tendency among Dems to soft peddle wrongs from their own side (ahem, Bill Clinton).  So I’m cautious against doing that.  But I’m still not convinced they are anti-Semitism and I’d like stronger evidence before drawing that conclusion.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Define broke. I mean compared to Trump I'm broke. Compared to people living paycheck to paycheck, I'm Rockefeller. It's all relative.

You could be an old man typing that in a dress and high heels, too.

You can't prove it and neither can I. Either way, who cares?