Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

41,027 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Naw come on now

There is nothing in the right's actions this week that would make me think otherwise. 

39 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

If Steve doesn't think telling a person of color to go back where they come from is racist I think I'm beginning to see why he had "issues" when he came to Atlanta.

Bruh, I told you that was all a bunch of ********!!!!

mdrake34 and Jpowors like this

25 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Oh, you should have gone there and read their “racist” comments, which I quoted in subsequent posts.  It’s hilarious.

And while we’re on the topic, here are a few other gems from Trump...

Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They "all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.

Forty thousand had come from Nigeria, Mr. Trump added. Once they had seen the United States, they would never 'go back to their huts' in Africa, recalled the two officials...

Following his “****hole” comment, Trump “suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/01/11/trumps-history-of-controversial-remarks-about-nonwhite-immigrants/?utm_term=.128532dcebfc

The left seems to have such a hard time with this because they utterly reject American Exceptionalism.  You're confusing nation-shaming with racism.  

Pointing out the backwardness of inferior national products is no different than, fat shaming, or running up the score in soccer.  If they don't like it, they should improve.  Funny how you bring the  nordics into this as flimsy "evidence" of white supremacy.  Does Norway have a "hut" problem?  Does Scandanavia have an HIV problem equal in scale to sub-saharan Africa?  It has nothing to do with race.

The left sounds like a father of a friend of mine in 1990.  He worked for Chrysler.  I saw a brand new Nissan 300zx in a parking lot and was stunned.  I commented out loud why can't American companies make cars like that.  I received an angry rant from my friends father about how we all should by American to keep American workers employed.  That didn't answer the question...

Nation-shaming elevates the game, and reinforces Americans positions as leaders.  If other nations think they have a superior product, then I haven't heard many loud voices poo pooing the way America does things.  Healthcare you say?  The most shrill noises are coming from other Americans, not from Canada saying that we should go there if we hate America so much ^_^

@Leon Troutsky

In November 2012, in the midst of an Israeli military campaign against Hamas in the Gaza Strip, Omar said on Twitter “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.”

The conspiracy theory of the Jew as the hypnotic conspirator, the duplicitous manipulator, the sinister puppeteer is one with ancient roots and a bloody history.

The Jewish power to hypnotize the world, as Ms. Omar put it, is the plot of Jud Süss — the most successful Nazi film ever made. In the film, produced by Joseph Goebbels himself, Josef Süss Oppenheimer, an 18th-century religious Jew, emerges from the ghetto, makes himself over as an assimilated man, and rises to become the treasurer to the Duke of Württemberg. Silly duke: Allowing a single Jew into his city leads to death and destruction.

Since then, the myth of the wily Jewish manipulator of those in power continues to persist in various forms. During the Iraq War, it became common to blame Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz and Doug Feith — Bush administration figures who happened to be Jewish — for a military campaign that had been ordered by George W. Bush, **** Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld. In the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump blamed “globalists” with names like Lloyd Blankfein and George Soros for America’s economic woes.

But the biggest “Jew” today in the demonology of modern anti-Semitism is the Jewish state, Israel. While there are perfectly legitimate criticisms that one can make of Israel or the actions of its government — and I have never been shyabout making them — those criticisms cross the line into anti-Semitism when they ascribe evil, almost supernatural powers to Israel in a manner that replicates classic anti-Semitic slanders.

Those who call themselves anti-Zionists usually insist they are not anti-Semites. But I struggle to see what else to call an ideology that seeks to eradicate only one state in the world — the one that happens to be the Jewish one — while empathetically insisting on the rights of self-determination for every other minority. Israeli Jews, descended in equal parts from people displaced from Europe and the Islamic world, are barely 6.5 million of the world’s 7.7 billion people. What is it about them, exactly, that puts them beyond the pale?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/01/21/opinion/ilhan-omar-israel-jews.amp.html

1 minute ago, Red&Black said:

The left seems to have such a hard time with this because they utterly reject American Exceptionalism.  You're confusing nation-shaming with racism.  

Pointing out the backwardness of inferior national products is no different than, fat shaming, or running up the score in soccer.  If they don't like it, they should improve.  Funny how you bring the  nordics into this as flimsy "evidence" of white supremacy.  Does Norway have a "hut" problem?  Does Scandanavia have an HIV problem equal in scale to sub-saharan Africa?  It has nothing to do with race.

The left sounds like a father of a friend of mine in 1990.  He worked for Chrysler.  I saw a brand new Nissan 300zx in a parking lot and was stunned.  I commented out loud why can't American companies make cars like that.  I received an angry rant from my friends father about how we all should by American to keep American workers employed.  That didn't answer the question...

Nation-shaming elevates the game, and reinforces Americans positions as leaders.  If other nations think they have a superior product, then I haven't heard many loud voices poo pooing the way America does things.  Healthcare you say?  The most shrill noises are coming from other Americans, not from Canada saying that we should go there if we hate America so much ^_^

Not gonna read that.

Aren't you the guy who said you aren't American if your family has only been here for one generation? 

6 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

There is nothing in the right's actions this week that would make me think otherwise. 

I'm on the right and I called him out

3 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

@Leon Troutsky

In November 2012, in the midst of an Israeli military campaign against Hamas in the Gaza Strip, Omar said on Twitter “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.”

The conspiracy theory of the Jew as the hypnotic conspirator, the duplicitous manipulator, the sinister puppeteer is one with ancient roots and a bloody history.

The Jewish power to hypnotize the world, as Ms. Omar put it, is the plot of Jud Süss — the most successful Nazi film ever made. In the film, produced by Joseph Goebbels himself, Josef Süss Oppenheimer, an 18th-century religious Jew, emerges from the ghetto, makes himself over as an assimilated man, and rises to become the treasurer to the Duke of Württemberg. Silly duke: Allowing a single Jew into his city leads to death and destruction.

Since then, the myth of the wily Jewish manipulator of those in power continues to persist in various forms. During the Iraq War, it became common to blame Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz and Doug Feith — Bush administration figures who happened to be Jewish — for a military campaign that had been ordered by George W. Bush, **** Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld. In the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump blamed “globalists” with names like Lloyd Blankfein and George Soros for America’s economic woes.

But the biggest “Jew” today in the demonology of modern anti-Semitism is the Jewish state, Israel. While there are perfectly legitimate criticisms that one can make of Israel or the actions of its government — and I have never been shyabout making them — those criticisms cross the line into anti-Semitism when they ascribe evil, almost supernatural powers to Israel in a manner that replicates classic anti-Semitic slanders.

Those who call themselves anti-Zionists usually insist they are not anti-Semites. But I struggle to see what else to call an ideology that seeks to eradicate only one state in the world — the one that happens to be the Jewish one — while empathetically insisting on the rights of self-determination for every other minority. Israeli Jews, descended in equal parts from people displaced from Europe and the Islamic world, are barely 6.5 million of the world’s 7.7 billion people. What is it about them, exactly, that puts them beyond the pale?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/01/21/opinion/ilhan-omar-israel-jews.amp.html

Lol @ Bari Weiss.  She is a clown.

23 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Naw come on now

Well Trump did say he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and his base wouldn't care. Case closed.

Door Gunner likes this

Just now, T-Falcon said:

I'm on the right and I called him out

Congratulations. You would be in the other 50%.

I was actually being generous because more than 50% of the righties here are going along with it. 

Door Gunner and mdrake34 like this

1 hour ago, lostone said:

So I am eating MWF and roll on those days. Weekends will depend on how I feel.  I will probably eat Saturday.  I haven’t been weight lifting lately, so I am going to add that back on my off days.  Today I will have a pound carrots and onions and about 7-11oz of grilled chicken thighs.

My wife and I are doing the keto/paleo thing.

1 minute ago, Boner said:

Lol @ Bari Weiss.  She is a clown.

not all anti-Semites carry tiki torches.

5 minutes ago, Boner said:

Not gonna read that.

Aren't you the guy who said you aren't American if your family has only been here for one generation? 

Oh boner :lol:

3 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

not all anti-Semites carry tiki torches.

Bari Weiss is one of the most biased figures in American media when it comes to Israel.  She is full of ****.

Just now, Boner said:

Bari Weiss is one of the most biased figures in American media when it comes to Israel.  She is full of ****.

So is Omar

9 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

@Leon Troutsky

So according to this tripe, there's really no way one is allowed to criticize the policies of the nation-state of Israel without being anti-semitic. 

That's awfully convenient. 

mdrake34 and Door Gunner like this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

The obvious response here when Scalise said this would be to yell out “you lie!”

Not only is this a lie, I'm always amazed at how people have this belief that just because you sit in the Office of the President that it automatically garners you respect of the person.

Another is how you can't hate the current government, but still love the country. They aren't the same thing and shouldn't be considered as such. That's why right-wingers get their panties in a wad and stick any criticism over government/America as disrespecting the Flag, our troops, etc. It's a ridiculous trope of absolutes. I'm a government worker, love my country (kinda disappointed at it also) and I can't stand this President and Congress.

Carter and Leon Troutsky like this

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

So according to this tripe, there's really no way one is allowed to criticize the policies of the nation-state of Israel without being anti-semitic. 

That's awfully convenient. 

I'm guessing you didn't read it

10 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

@Leon Troutsky

So an opinion column that hinges on the word “hypnotized” and launches into all kinds of points that have nothing to do with Omar’s statement.  Okay.  Like the “all about the Benjamins” comment, it does get close to anti-Jewish tropes and stereotypes, but it’s not obvious she was referencing that or instead just using a common phrase.  (Note:  They SHOULD be more careful to avoid these kinds of things.  I’m just saying that that it’s not obvious they were referencing these tropes/stereotypes in their comments.)

Is that all you got?  

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

So an opinion column that hinges on the word “hypnotized” and launches into all kinds of points that have nothing to do with Omar’s statement.  Okay.  Like the “all about the Benjamins” comment, it does get close to anti-Jewish tropes and stereotypes, but it’s not obvious she was referencing that or instead just using a common phrase.  (Note:  They SHOULD be more careful to avoid these kinds of things.  I’m just saying that that it’s not obvious they were referencing these tropes/stereotypes in their comments.)

Is that all you got?  

It's the equivalent of go back where you came from.

Her history is saying the Jews are a bunch of big bad monsters with the power to control the world and they do it mostly with money. 

There's almost no difference in her views and Hamas or al queda or isis or Iran or other even white supremacists. It's the view that the Jewish people are inherently dangerous sneaky and manipulativ e

8 minutes ago, Statick said:

My wife and I are doing the keto/paleo thing.

I’ve done the keto on and off for years and it’s consistently been the best weight loss diet for me.  If you start flatlining after a month or so, consider going off of it for a few days.  You’ll gain back a lot of the weight you lost, but it will drop away quickly enough and you’ll get back into the weight loss mode.  Most of the weight that’s dropped in the first week or gained immediately after going off of it is water weight, as I understand it.