Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

50,823 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

It was a very poor choice of words in the original tweet.  Trump has never been a smooth politician like Bill Clinton or Mitt Romney.  

That said Trump has won numerous awards for helping minorities prior to running for president.  I think the original tweet can be construed as racist but Trump is by no means a racist.  

When a white man makes a racist comment to minorities, SB calls it “poor choice of words” that “can be construed” as racist.

When a minority woman posts that her congressional district is the most diverse in the nation and needs to be represented by someone who reflects that diversity, SB screams “RACIST” at the top of his lungs.

Wonder why the difference here.  

Just now, Carter said:

The obvious response here when Scalia said this would be to yell out “you lie!”

That would be sweet.

8 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Pretty sure Omar and Tlaib are for real racist against Jewish people.  Do you doubt that?

I thought about that, but then I remembered the right trying to push the idea that Omar was being anti-Semitic calling Stephen Miller a white nationalist, and I laughed about the right calling anything racist ever if that's how they want to keep score.

10 minutes ago, Serge said:

I thought about that, but then I remembered the right trying to push the idea that Omar was being anti-Semitic calling Stephen Miller a white supremacist, and I laughed about the right calling anything racist ever if that's how they want to keep score.

I mean, SB thinks that saying that representatives should reflect the diversity of their districts is racist.

He thinks that telling people of color to “go back where they came from” is not racist.  

It’s pretty obvious what’s going on here.

1 minute ago, Serge said:

I thought about that, but then I remembered the right trying to push the idea that Omar was being anti-Semitic calling Stephen Miller a white supremacist, and I laughed about the right calling anything racist ever if that's how they want to keep score.

Also reminds me of that time Trump went to AIPAC and said he had a good relationship with, "their Prime Minister," as if every Jewish person has an allegiance to Israel... which is what right-wingers were pretending is what Omar said and were pretending to be outraged over.

14 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I will say this though: Right-wing outlets trying to deflect in this way means they're conceding that what Trump said was, in fact, racist.

Of course they do, but as we discussed yesterday, being locked into an ideology and cult of personality demands that you frequently deny the obvious and rationalize the irrational. 

This week has been very useful in showing who the cultists are that will go along with literally anything. 

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Also reminds me of that time Trump went to AIPAC and said he had a good relationship with, "their Prime Minister," as if every Jewish person has an allegiance to Israel... which is what right-wingers were pretending is what Omar said and were pretending to be outraged over.

Also just remembered that time Trump went to AIPAC and said he was glad to be in a room full of people who were good with money.

mdrake34 likes this

4 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

"The calming feeling of the Holocaust."

America Bolling?

Is that where Eric Bolling went after he got fired from Fox for sexual harassment? Beck's failing web channel?

Serge and Leon Troutsky like this

Here's a hypothetical: Trump drops the N-bomb today. How many on the right are ok with it, or even rationalize it?

My guess is at least 50%. Easily. 

Just now, The Legendary SB said:

Forget the commentary if you like and just watch Tlaib speak in her own words.

“Forget the credibility of the source and just watch this partisan video,” says the guy who posted a picture from a white supremacist.

:lol:

Big_Dog likes this

22 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Oh, you should have gone there and read their “racist” comments, which I quoted in subsequent posts.  It’s hilarious.

And while we’re on the topic, here are a few other gems from Trump...

Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They "all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.

Forty thousand had come from Nigeria, Mr. Trump added. Once they had seen the United States, they would never 'go back to their huts' in Africa, recalled the two officials...

Following his “****hole” comment, Trump “suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/01/11/trumps-history-of-controversial-remarks-about-nonwhite-immigrants/?utm_term=.128532dcebfc

The House will take care of his racism when they vote on a resolution of impeachment. It won't carry any weight other than a black eye on his racist face.

Also, this is what Omar actually said about the Holocaust...

“All of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post the Holocaust, post the tragedy and horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time,” Ms. Tlaib said. “And, I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right?”

Just now, Big_Dog said:

The House will take care of his racism when they vote on a resolution of impeachment. It won't carry any weight other than a black eye on his racist face.

Al Green’s resolution is going nowhere.  Nor should it.

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Here's a hypothetical: Trump drops the N-bomb today. How many on the right are ok with it, or even rationalize it?

70 %

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Al Green’s resolution is going nowhere.  Nor should it.

Maybe, maybe not. Stay tuned.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm being the smart consumer you talk about. ^_^

And also, you know, they have a long history of distorting and lying about these things.  When you look at her actual comments, it’s obvious she was expressing support for Jewish people and acknowledging the devastation of the Holocaust. 

It’s SB once again defending and condoning actual racism by Trump, this time by lying about what Dems have said in the past.

Big_Dog likes this

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Naw come on now

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

And also, you know, they have a long history of distorting and lying about these things.  When you look at her actual comments, it’s obvious she was expressing support for Jewish people and acknowledging the devastation of the Holocaust. 

It’s SB once again defending and condoning actual racism by Trump, this time by lying about what Dems have said in the past.

Except tlaib, Aoc, and Omar actually are anti Semites but the left can't be racist, they just oppose Israel and say terrible things about the Jewish people. 

The Legendary SB likes this

Just now, T-Falcon said:

Except tlaib, Aoc, and Omar actually are anti Semites but the left can't be racist, they just oppose Israel and say terrible things about the Jewish people. 

What did they say that was anti-Semitic?  I can think of one statement that touched on a common trope about Jewish people and money, but the phrase she used (all about the Benjamins) is a common expression that doesn’t have anti-Jewish roots.

What else have you got?

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

What did they say that was anti-Semitic?  I can think of one statement that touched on a common trope about Jewish people and money, but the phrase she used (all about the Benjamins) is a common expression that doesn’t have anti-Jewish roots.

What else have you got?

Bro just be honest 

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Also, this is what Omar actually said about the Holocaust...

“All of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post the Holocaust, post the tragedy and horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time,” Ms. Tlaib said. “And, I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right?”

This is basically the same vain of logic that Netanyahu uses when he tries to rewrite the history of the Holocaust, granted Tlaib is merely pointing out the obvious while Netanyahu is trying to rewrite history to blame the Palestinians, specifically the Grand Mufti, instead of the Germans.

Each know the Holocaust was a horrific crime. Each know that it necessitated a homeland for Jewish people. However, one is pointing out the absurdity of making people who were not involved with the crime to pay the price for it while the other is insidiously trying to blame the present victims to justify what is happening to them.