Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

41,678 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

A friend of mine whose parents immigrated from Vietnam always gets asked by white people “where are you from?”  She tells them New Orleans (where she was born).  They almost always respond, “no, where are you from originally?”

For awhile, she’d tell them that she was born and raised in the 9th ward (true) and that her mother was black and her father was Vietnamese and that they should refer to her as “Blay-sian”.  

Now, she typically responds by saying, “oh, you’re asking where my FACE is from.”  :lol:  

But seriously, I know a lot of people born in the US whose parents or grandparents are immigrants.  They rarely say the country of origin when asked “where are you from?”

I tell people I was born in Georgia and raised in California By a Texan.B)

Carter and Leon Troutsky like this

Just now, Door Gunner said:

I tell people I was born in Georgia and raised in California By a Texan.B)

A lot of Californians are fleeing to Texas, coincidence, no.  

2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

no bubble, no bubble, no bubble!

Conservative and Liberal forums exist.

However, banning, blocking, and censoring occur from those on the left, which is how the bubble is created: you only hear from those on the left.

So no one here has heard the liberal bias in social media censorship?  It's been talked about everywhere.

Just now, Carter said:

Don't strain your brain too hard trying to come up with something interesting to post old man.

These posts are in between watching the Rangers. My post was pertinent to Gunny's post. 

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Don't strain your brain too hard trying to come up with something interesting to post old man.

Again, he’s trying to distract and derail the discussion about Trump’s racist comments.

Carter likes this

1 minute ago, Doozer said:

However, banning, blocking, and censoring occur from those on the left, which is how the bubble is created: you only hear from those on the left.

So no one here has heard the liberal bias in social media censorship?  It's been talked about everywhere.

r/the_donald has literally banned all non-believers or anyone showing dissension from the moment of its inception. it's one of the biggest right-wing bubbles on the internet. you really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Again, he’s trying to distract and derail the discussion about Trump’s racist comments.

Since Trump revealed his strategy was for us to discuss his tweets, maybe wfw joined the #resistance

4 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Oh shut the **** up. Donald Trump seriously had to be forced by court order to unblock people he doesn't like on Twitter.

Leon Troutsky and falconsd56 like this

2 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Since Trump revealed his strategy was for us to discuss his tweets, maybe wfw joined the #resistance

I've already addressed this a few pages ago. They just don't like my answer. I'm not going to change it no matter how many times they ask. Besides, they'll beat this horse for longer than they need to until the next gotcha Trump things comes along. 

go check out voat.co if want to see the unadulterated and unfiltered right-wing bubble without "banning, blocking, or censoring" from the mean liberals.

fair warning -> a whole lot of racial slurs, antisemitism, genocide-apologia, etc.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

It's mostly just the ones who hate brown people.

Edited by Door Gunner
Carter likes this

53 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Does it not bother you that the bubble is almost exclusively a liberal phenomenon?

f18FGpY.png

just want to put these two side-by-side. thanks doozer, for spreading the message of the mature and objective conservative forums that we're clearly missing out on. 

4 minutes ago, achilles return said:

go check out voat.co if want to see the unadulterated and unfiltered right-wing bubble without "banning, blocking, or censoring" from the mean liberals.

fair warning -> a whole lot of racial slurs, antisemitism, genocide-apologia, etc.

So it's a white fundamentalist evangelical web site?

2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

f18FGpY.png

just want to put these two side-by-side. thanks doozer, for spreading the message of the mature and objective conservative forums that we're clearly missing out on. 

You've proved that extremists exist on the internet.

However, it's still a well known fact that social media has a liberal censorship bias. They even held congressional interviews on the problem. I know it wasn't discussed much on this board... but...

9 minutes ago, achilles return said:

Or I can just go to Berkeley.

However, it's still a well known fact that social media has a liberal censorship bias. They even held congressional interviews on the problem.

lol

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Not if you want to speak on Campus. 

You poor persecuted man. 

You've proved that extremists exist on the internet.

However, it's still a well known fact that social media has a liberal censorship bias. They even held congressional interviews on the problem. I know it wasn't discussed much on this board... but...

it's almost like the fact that you genuinely believe this nonsense is a function of your own participation in ideological bubbles.

try having an ounce of self-awareness, my dude.