Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

41,682 posts in this topic

Notice how WFW is just posting random crap instead of engaging in the discussion?  

He knows Trump’s comments were racist and indefensible.  He’s just trying to throw cover and distract so he doesn’t get asked directly about those racist comments.  

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

1 minute ago, achilles return said:

read what he wrote again. he's saying "bubbles" are "almost exclusively a liberal phenomenon". as in, exclusive to left-of-center and absent on the right. it's hilariously dumb.

it's exactly what someone who primarily exists in a far-right bubble would come to believe, though. 

I may have misunderstood but I thought he was referring to here specifically.

If it was a general statement..... that's just laughable.

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Notice how WFW is just posting random crap instead of engaging in the discussion?  

He knows Trump’s comments were racist and indefensible.  He’s just trying to throw cover and distract so he doesn’t get asked directly about those racist comments.  

Dude if you asked him specifically we all know he'd spin off to somewhere else.

Leon Troutsky likes this

2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

read what he wrote again. he's saying "bubbles" are "almost exclusively a liberal phenomenon". as in, exclusive to left-of-center and absent on the right. it's hilariously dumb.

it's exactly what someone who primarily exists in a far-right bubble would come to believe, though. 

in fact, this entire conversation is deeply emblematic of doozer's entire schtick - he matches snark with literally the most vanilla right-wing radio takes on essentially any given subject - all the while talking about how cool and objective his conservative forum is and how lame we all are. 

8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Some way more than other's.

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The frustration of TDS is way more for some than it is for other's...although it is growing day by day. 

Were these two supposed to be together old man? I mean that first one by itself....

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I may have misunderstood but I thought he was referring to here specifically.

If it was a general statement..... that's just laughable.

"does it not bother you that the bubble is almost exclusively a liberal phenomenon?"

inquiring minds want to know!

4 minutes ago, achilles return said:

I'm here, how am I in a bubble?

Also the phenomenon has been verified to be almost exclusively left-leaning social media by the companies themselves. They are concerned that a large portion of their audiences is blocking the other half; which cuts down their ads.

Just now, Doozer said:

Also the phenomenon has been verified to be almost exclusively left-leaning social media by the companies themselves. They are concerned that a large portion of their audiences is blocking the other half; which cuts down their ads.

.........w......wa......wait what?

Just now, Doozer said:

Oh he did mean it in general.

My bad for assuming otherwise.

29 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

A friend of mine whose parents immigrated from Vietnam always gets asked by white people “where are you from?”  She tells them New Orleans (where she was born).  They almost always respond, “no, where are you from originally?”

For awhile, she’d tell them that she was born and raised in the 9th ward (true) and that her mother was black and her father was Vietnamese and that they should refer to her as “Blay-sian”.  

Now, she typically responds by saying, “oh, you’re asking where my FACE is from.”  :lol:  

But seriously, I know a lot of people born in the US whose parents or grandparents are immigrants.  They rarely say the country of origin when asked “where are you from?”

To be quite Frank, as A white Person, I would actually like for non-white people to ask me where my heritage is from. And I used to do it to some minorities, but I don't meet many nowadays. If they have a problem with it, it shows an insecurity which is justified but unnecessary.

Leon Troutsky and Door Gunner like this

i get thrown for a loop sometimes by the drive-by conservatives because i can't tell if it's just some dude playacting as deeply naive or obtuse for the sake of trolling, or if they're like genuinely some old farts that discovered the internet within the last couple of years and their entire conception of the political space online is a football message board and the comment section of their local newspaper. 

like where the **** have you been the last ten years that you can honestly delude yourself into believe "bubbles" is the realm of the left or even liberals?   

2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

in fact, this entire conversation is deeply emblematic of doozer's entire schtick - he matches snark with literally the most vanilla right-wing radio takes on essentially any given subject - all the while talking about how cool and objective his conservative forum is and how lame we all are. 

When faced with an angry, irrational mob, the best way to respond is with facts and common sense.

I've actually changed my mind on several policies based on rational responses from this board; most recently the census question.

I was hoping to do the same to the less fanatical lurkers.

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Oh he did mean it in general.

My bad for assuming otherwise.

How is this not common knowledge?

3 minutes ago, Doozer said:

my dude, do you think all those alt-right terrorists are talking themselves into mass murder within liberal social media bubbles?

AF89 likes this

Just now, Doozer said:

When faced with an angry, irrational mob, the best way to respond is with facts and common sense.

I've actually changed my mind on several policies based on rational responses from this board; most recently the census question.

I was hoping to do the same to the less fanatical lurkers.

You generally respond with snark, extreme examples or generic talking points.

You aren't here for discussion and you know it. 

Door Gunner and mdrake34 like this

Just now, achilles return said:

my dude, do you think all those alt-right terrorists are talking themselves into mass murder within liberal social media bubbles?

No. I am not counting extemist on either side.

It's a general phenomenon.

Just now, Doozer said:

No. I am not counting extemist on either side.

It's a general phenomenon.

your argument is completely nonsensical, friend. 

Just now, Jpowers said:

You generally respond with snark, extreme examples or generic talking points.

You aren't here for discussion and you know it. 

How am I snarky? How can i be both extreme and general with my talking points?

r/The_Donald is a subreddit on Reddit where the participants create discussions and memes supportive of U.S. president Donald Trump.[1][2] Initially created in June 2015 following the announcement of Trump's presidential campaign, the community has grown to over 760,000 subscribers and, as of September 2017,[needs update] is ranked as one of the most active communities on Reddit.[3][4][5][6]

no bubble, no bubble, no bubble!

mdrake34 likes this

2 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

To be quite Frank, as A white Person, I would actually like for non-white people to ask me where my heritage is from. And I used to do it to some minorities, but I don't meet many nowadays. If they have a problem with it, it shows an insecurity which is justified but unnecessary.

Her snarkiness (and meanness) isn’t at people who ask “where are you from?”  It’s people who are told “New Orleans” and then say, “no no, where are you really from” or “where are you originally from”.  

One of my favorite stories was when she was in grad school and we had two icons who helped Ireland recover from The Troubles.  Both of them old Irish guys, one a Catholic and the other a Protestant, and both were leaders of the movement that resolved the conflict there.

They spoke and then met with students after class.  They did the “no, where are you originally from” on her.  These two 80+ year old white Irish dudes trying to figure out what she meant by “Blay-sian”, and her telling them, in a somewhat ghetto accent, “you ain’t never heard of black asians, foo?”  Just glorious.  They started apologizing and almost begging her forgiveness...and they are civil rights icons and she was just this short Asian grad student.  :lol:  

54 minutes ago, achilles return said:

uh no, they have no nothing to do with each other.  

stating that there is a human cost to failing to achieve universal coverage is just the truth. blaming the left for the state of united states' private health care system is just making **** up to "both sides" the body count of our horrendous health care system. 

Did the left not fail to achieve universal coverage when they failed to pass Medicare for all? Bidencare would increase the number of people insured. What about those people whose deaths would be prevented in that system? 

Bidencare is trash and I don't support it, but claiming his proposal is murdering people and quantifying it in the terms of people killed in a terrorist attack is insane. You can highlight the negatives of not having universal healthcare without insane takes. 

Medicare for America would provide universal healthcare and only be 3-4x the price of Bidencare. Medicaid is failing and Red states are passing work requirements that will lead to more uninsured people. Not absorbing Medcaid/CHIP into Medicare makes a plan useless to me. 

1 minute ago, Doozer said:

How am I snarky? How can i be both extreme and general with my talking points?

it's easy - right wing media is both deeply insane and utterly predictable.