Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

41,006 posts in this topic

Just now, Jpowers said:

If anything you are reinforcing negative opinions.

Only to the cultists.

Being able to see that there is another viewpoint will persuade a lot of people to seek information for themselves. That is how I got out of the bubble.

Does it not bother you that the bubble is almost exclusively a liberal phenomenon?

1 minute ago, Doozer said:

Have you ever met an American?

Without saying anything else, ask them where they are originally from...If it's within a generation or two, you will always get the immigrated country. (unless it's deep-blue, like California or Oregon, then you might get your butt kicked or get accused of a microaggression).

Some of my people came over shortly after the Mayflower, the ship was called (The Supply, it was the companion ship to the Mayflower. It left three weeks late from Bristol, England and found it's way to Barclay, Virginia on January 29, 1620) nearly 400 years ago.

Just now, Jpowers said:

Richard Spencer avowed White nationalist: Yeah that was racist as all ****.

ABF "moderates": I mean......

Just so everyone realizes this, the “moderates” is referring to rightwingers who falsely proclaim themselves to be moderates.  

Just now, Doozer said:

Only to the cultists.

Being able to see that there is another viewpoint will persuade a lot of people to seek information for themselves. That is how I got out of the bubble.

Does it not bother you that the bubble is almost exclusively a liberal phenomenon?

Here? Yeah it does honestly. I banned and warned more lib posters than I ever did right wingers when I nodded the forum.

But my God the right wingers we get aren't the ones I'd want.

Leon Troutsky likes this

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Just so everyone realizes this, the “moderates” is referring to rightwingers who falsely proclaim themselves to be moderates.  

I realize I don't always use scare quotes appropriately but you don't have to mansplain my ****....

10 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Have you ever met an American?

Yes. My landlord was a native American. We smoked weed out of his peace pipe that was handed down to him by his grandfather. As we sat there high, he'd show me his Indian identification card over and over. Good times :(

Carter likes this

There is nothing to play. The Dems strategy is as play as the noses on most of y'alls Lemming faces. The fake/scm will do the Dems dirty work, they have been since November 8th, 2016. Let's make this guy illegitimate and get his supporters to believe he is this God awful human being, that he is unfit for the office, and we need to turn his supporters against him. 

If I were in their shoes I would play this angle as well. It is their only chance, but the strategy is not working.  You have one party trying to condemn a POTUS for things they cannot even condemn their own members of Congress for. To say they are hypocrites demeans the word hypocrite. 

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

There is nothing to play. The Dems strategy is as play as the noses on most of y'alls Lemming faces. The fake/scm will do the Dems dirty work, they have been since November 8th, 2016. Let's make this guy illegitimate and get his supporters to believe he is this God awful human being, that he is unfit for the office, and we need to turn his supporters against him. 

If I were in their shoes I would play this angle as well. It is their only chance, but the strategy is not working.  You have one party trying to condemn a POTUS for things they cannot even condemn their own members of Congress for. To say they are hypocrites demeans the word hypocrite. 

Imagine a world where a Dem says the exact same thing Trump did.

Now imagine the 28,000 times WFW would post the video, tweet or whatever media it was caught on.

If it wasn't for double standards WFW.......

Door Gunner, AF89, lostone and 3 others like this

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

I realize I don't always use scare quotes appropriately but you mansplaining my ****.....

Mansplaining?

In my experience, people in the bubble typically only want people with different opinions there so they can ridicule them or have them admit how wrong they are.

7 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It's the current year. People are allowed to identify as whatever they want.

Just now, Doozer said:

Mansplaining?

In my experience, people in the bubble typically only want people with different opinions there so they can ridicule them or have them admit how wrong they are.

It's the current year. People are allowed to identify as whatever they want.

If I was you I'd try to spin the convo too.

Leon Troutsky likes this

6 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I realize I don't always use scare quotes appropriately but you don't have to mansplain my ****....

Just wanted to make that clear is all.  I knew exactly what you meant and probably most people did also.

Jpowors likes this

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Just wanted to make that clear is all.  I knew exactly what you meant and probably most people did also.

Twas a joke.

Leon Troutsky likes this

12 minutes ago, Doozer said:

THe problem is that the media is pushing a narrative that the election is about electing my racist Grandpa who wants to give me money, or my purple haired cousin telling me that meat is murder.

The left/Lemmings are frustrated. It shows on this forum, and that is a microcosm of what is going on with the left in this country. Obama said it best when he said elections have consequences, except the left has been unable to deal with those consequences. They don't know what to do mainly because Trump is successful and he is on track keeping many of his campaign promises. That is exactly what you want out of someone you voted for. it is a good time to have the guy you voted for deliver even without much help from Congress. 

23 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Why are you focusing on the one black person? How about the other 3 white people? Did he even name them?

Is it racist for a white person to tell another white person to experience their heritage?

lmao

Just now, Jpowers said:

If I was you I'd try to spin the convo too.

The argument was pretty much over.

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Imagine a world where a Dem says the exact same thing Trump did.

Imagine a world where Obama did the exact same thing Trump did.... wait... we don't have to imagine...

They would use photos from Obama's administration to condemn Trump. ;)

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

The left/Lemmings are frustrated. It shows on this forum, and that is a microcosm of what is going on with the left in this country. Obama said it best when he said elections have consequences, except the left has been unable to deal with those consequences. They don't know what to do mainly because Trump is successful and he is on track keeping many of his campaign promises. That is exactly what you want out of someone you voted for. it is a good time to have the guy you voted for deliver even without much help from Congress. 

Is telling people of color who happen to be American citizens to go back where they came from racist or not?

Stop dodging and address what Trump said.  

13 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Only to the cultists.

my dude, that you could even begin to believe this should be deeply concerning

AF89 likes this

Just now, achilles return said:

my dude, that you could even begin to believe this should be deeply concerning

I agree with him. I know what he actually means by liberal though. He means anyone left of center. His definition is wrong but the forum is definitely to the left.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Some way more than other's.

Random comment that makes no sense.

You are slipping hard and it's kinda sad.

Just now, Jpowers said:

I agree with him. I know what he actually means by liberal though. He means anyone left of center. His definition is wrong but the forum is definitely to the left.

read what he wrote again. he's saying "bubbles" are "almost exclusively a liberal phenomenon". as in, exclusive to left-of-center and absent on the right. it's hilariously dumb.

it's exactly what someone who primarily exists in a far-right bubble would come to believe, though. 

Leon Troutsky, AF89 and Door Gunner like this