Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

42,451 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Doozer said:

There are three races. Black, White, and Asian.

telling people to go back to their own country is a nationalist.

Mexico and Islam is not a race. Israel isn't either.

tenor.gif?itemid=3834593

Just now, Doozer said:

Africa isn't a nation.

You should be arguing the origins of the phrase, which has been connected to previous racist chants.

Actually, I'm just messing with you guys. I actually think it was racist, but because of the dumb DNC, it doesn't have the impact it should.

I'm actually trying to point out the "concentration camp" definition fiasco we recently debated. How does it feel to be on the other side of that argument?

I'm a dude on a message board and he's the President of the United States. We aren't on the other side of that discussion. Not even close.

HolyMoses, lostone, mdrake34 and 1 other like this

16 minutes ago, Doozer said:

There are three races. Black, White, and Asian.

telling people to go back to their own country is a nationalist.

Mexico and Islam is not a race. Israel isn't either.

lmao

1 minute ago, Doozer said:

Actually, I'm just messing with you guys. I actually think it was racist, but because of the dumb DNC, it doesn't have the impact it should.

Defending racism to own the libs.  He just said it out loud.

Door Gunner likes this

Posted (edited)

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Defending racism to own the libs.  He just said it out loud.

I never defended racism. I said it doesn't apply. And by definition it doesn't.

Edited by Doozer

2 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Africa isn't a nation.

You should be arguing the origins of the phrase, which has been connected to previous racist chants.

Actually, I'm just messing with you guys. I actually think it was racist, but because of the dumb DNC's overuse of the accussation, it doesn't have the impact it should.

I'm actually trying to point out the "concentration camp" definition fiasco we recently debated. How does it feel to be on the other side of that argument?

haha and then he follows it up with this incredible walk-back. 

Leon Troutsky likes this

5 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

It doesn’t have the same malice behind it as when it came from goreadup. That guy has tremendous demons. Doozer is just trying to get a rise out of people. 

3 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Africa isn't a nation.

Actually, I'm just messing with you guys. I actually think it was racist, but because of the dumb DNC's overuse of the accussation, it doesn't have the impact it should.

Leon Troutsky likes this

7 minutes ago, Doozer said:

I actually think it was racist

4 minutes ago, Doozer said:

I never defended racism. I said it doesn't apply. And by definition it doesn't.

One of these things is not like the other.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

One of these things is not like the other.

Go back and read what I wrote. Did I ever say that what he said was good?

I find that many are adding a lot of their personal interpretations.

For example, how did "Africa" get inserted into Trump's tweet?

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, achilles return said:

haha and then he follows it up with this incredible walk-back. 

Everything i said still applies. My personal feelings towards the matter has no bearing on my argument. Just because I think it was racist, does not make it so.

I'm just siding with you guys, because I think it was a dumb thing to tweet.

Edited by Doozer

Go back and read what I wrote. Did I ever say that what he said was good?

I find that many are adding a lot of their personal interpretations.

For example, how did "Africa" get inserted into Trump's tweet?

When you said he said their "original" countries? Three of them were born and bred here. Where are they supposed to go back to? 

mdrake34 and Leon Troutsky like this

16 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

To take it to the next level...

Telling an American citizen who happens to be black to go back to "their original country".....

I mean..... that's just racist. There is no two ways about it.

Why are you focusing on the one black person? How about the other 3 white people? Did he even name them?

Is it racist for a white person to tell another white person to experience their heritage?

4 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Everything i said still applies. My personal feelings towards the matter has no bearing on my argument.

Just now, Jpowers said:

When you said he said their "original" countries? Three of them were born and bred here. Where are they supposed to go back to? 

The Nationalism angle is he literally told three Americans they should go back to America.

Or if we take it to that next level....racist.

Leon Troutsky likes this

37 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

You'd think they'd have something better to do than vote on if they like a tweet or not.

Trump also repeated those racist attacks from the White House.  

But hey, just shrug off racism from the President of the United States.  That’s not suspicious at all.

2 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Why are you focusing on the one black person? How about the other 3 white people? Did he even name them?

Is it racist for a white person to tell another white person to experience their heritage?

Dog....you don't have to do this.

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

Have you ever met an American?

Without saying anything else, ask them where they are originally from...If it's within a generation or two, you will always get the immigrated country. (unless it's deep-blue, like California or Oregon, then you might get your butt kicked or get accused of a microaggression).

The tweet opened up Pandora's box. I would have advised against it. Even thought it wasn't racist in it's full context, it left Trump open to a left jab and a right cross. The way the fake/scm/Dems attacked it is the way they attack everything. Get Trump at all costs, just like everything else they've tried to do to remove him from office. Up to and including collusion/obstruction in the Russia hoax, the emoluments Clause, The Hatch Act, his taxes, his philandering, his over-exaggerated lying, The Logan Act, his tweets, and so much more.

This is not a genuine attack on Trump. However, the purpose of their feigned outrage is to dissuade Trump supporters and shrink his base into believing what they're pushing. They want them to believe they are awful people for continuing their support for a POTUS (one whom they know they cannot beat unless they take him down) so by design this is why we see this everyday in the news. One story comes up, one story falls, Most prove to be false like the illegal border crosser's were drinking out of toilets at the holding facilities. 

The Dems will keep throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. The strategy is bad and flawed. The clock will run out on the Dems and they will have to go head to head with Trump while not preparing for the race with palatable polices for their constituents.  

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

Dog....you don't have to do this.

If know one points out the bubble, then the inhabitants will remain bubble people.

Just now, Doozer said:

Without saying anything else, ask them where they are originally from...If it's within a generation or two, you will always get the immigrated country. (unless it's deep-blue, like California or Oregon, then you might get your butt kicked or get accused of a microaggression).

Holy **** no 

Leon Troutsky likes this

If know one points out the bubble, then the inhabitants will remain bubble people.

If anything you are reinforcing negative opinions.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The tweet opened up Pandora's box. I would have advised against it. Even thought it wasn't racist in it's full context, it left Trump open to a left jab and a right cross. The way the fake/scm/Dems attacked it is the way they attack everything. Get Trump at all costs, just like everything else they've tried to do to remove him from office. Up to and including collusion/obstruction in the Russia hoax, the emoluments Clause, The Hatch Act, his taxes, his philandering, his over-exaggerated lying, The Logan Act, his tweets, and so much more.

This is not a genuine attack on Trump. However, the purpose of their feigned outrage is to dissuade Trump supporters and shrink his base into believing what they're pushing. They want them to believe they are awful people for continuing their support for a POTUS (one whom they know they cannot beat unless they take him down) so by design this is why we see this everyday in the news. One story comes up, one story falls, Most prove to be false like the illegal border crosser's were drinking out of toilets at the holding facilities. 

The Dems will keep throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. The strategy is bad and flawed. The clock will run out on the Dems and they will have to go head to head with Trump while not preparing for the race with palatable polices for their constituents.  

THe problem is that the media is pushing a narrative that the election is about electing my racist Grandpa who wants to give me money, or my purple haired cousin telling me that meat is murder.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That's how Fox is going to play this, yes.

Leon Troutsky and mdrake34 like this

A friend of mine whose parents immigrated from Vietnam always gets asked by white people “where are you from?”  She tells them New Orleans (where she was born).  They almost always respond, “no, where are you from originally?”

For awhile, she’d tell them that she was born and raised in the 9th ward (true) and that her mother was black and her father was Vietnamese and that they should refer to her as “Blay-sian”.  

Now, she typically responds by saying, “oh, you’re asking where my FACE is from.”  :lol:  

But seriously, I know a lot of people born in the US whose parents or grandparents are immigrants.  They rarely say the country of origin when asked “where are you from?”

Door Gunner likes this

1 minute ago, Serge said:

That's how Fox is going to play this, yes.

I mean, just look at the videos and links I provided about the “go back to ____” line commonly used by racists against people of color.  It’s so patently obvious that it’s racist.  

I swear, Trump could call Sheila Jackson Lee a n***** on national TV and WFW would be in here saying “taken in the total context, it’s not racist but maybe he shouldn’t have said that but Dems always blah blah blah.”  

An entire political party is defending overtly racist rhetoric from the President of the United States.  That’s where we are right now.