Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,061 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

This hearing transcript from his 2010 registration hearing is . . . insane.

Just read it... besides the actors involved (and who's interests they "represented"), the arguments seemed to make sense to me... and the judge's decision makes sense.

2 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

Grab your *** and pull your head out of it.  Trump never said the word Africa, as the poster QUOTED. 

Sir this is inappropriate, I have been so told

2 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Just read it... besides the actors involved (and who's interests they "represented"), the arguments seemed to make sense to me... and the judge's decision makes sense.

The Judge was appalled at the Manhattan DA's office. 

Washington Post - Illegals roundup fails to have any impact.

Trump - It was very very successful. We captured many criminals.

Reporter - How many Mr President?

Trump - Ask them they'll tell you.   :doh:

HolyMoses likes this

I noticed today though that the media isn't dancing around this one. Even NPR calls them 'Trumps racist tweets' when talking about it. Nobody is dancing around what they are.

AF89 and Carter like this

13 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

Grab your *** and pull your head out of it.  Trump never said the word Africa, as the poster QUOTED. 

This really isn't a position to defend Trump on. Even if he was calling Omar. He lumped American born citizens into his attack as going back to "their country" there's no their country for tlaib and Aoc except the US. Unless you are saying go back to where most folks look like you which is racist yes. He might as well said "y'all go on back to Africa and South America where they look like y'all and not like me."

On 7/1/2019 at 0:00 PM, mdrake34 said:

"The Loudest Voice" premiered on Showtime last night.  It's a series based on the book of the same name about Murdoch and Ailes founding Fox News and stars Russell Crowe in a fat suit as Ailes. 

Last night's episode skipped ahead to the lead up to the 2008 election and Ailes' reaction to Obama being elected.

8 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Holy **** though.

Hmfic has essentially admitted it was at least some degree of racist and said Trump shouldn't have said it. What's happening here? 

Unlike some of you, I am not brainwashed.  Why doctor the quote.  Your hate for Trump is just sick.

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

He’s not even a good troll.  :lol:

Actually it's remarkable the extent to which he's weaponized trolling, he really did use it as a major tactic in his getting elected and in his presidency, but when you're first getting acquainted with the idea that he thinks first and foremost like a troll, the first conclusion is that he's still just as stupid as you first thought he was because it's the most desirable conclusion. I assure you, he actually is a good troll, and part of being a good troll is making people question the motives of your posts without being able to conclude that it makes good sense or achieved a desired effect.

What a troll needs and wants, is for people to tie pride in their own intelligence and morality to the provable intellectual and moral inferiority of the troll. That way, when he's trolling, people want to describe the intellectual/moral distance they imagine separates themselves from the troll, and end up ranting about a targeted abstraction that essentially only represents a 2nd-hand take on someone's internet persona.

That's what Trump wants the left to do with him. Make him every clownish or terrifying abstraction imaginable, then take that to the right and to non-voters and say "you see what a stupid piece of **** this guy is? He's dumber than a ******* five year old and racist like a Grand Wizard of the KKK. Look at what he just tweeted. No I'm serious, read what he tweeted, it's horrible." He wants his very name to be exhausting in conversation. He's not looking for 60% popularity in some poll, he's looking to weaken the left and win in 2020.

6 minutes ago, Serge said:

Actually it's remarkable the extent to which he's weaponized trolling, he really did use it as a major tactic in his getting elected and in his presidency, but when you're first getting acquainted with the idea that he thinks first and foremost like a troll, the first conclusion is that he's still just as stupid as you first thought he was because it's the most desirable conclusion. I assure you, he actually is a good troll, and part of being a good troll is making people question the motives of your posts without being able to conclude that it makes good sense or achieved a desired effect.

What a troll needs and wants, is for people to tie pride in their own intelligence and morality to the provable intellectual and moral inferiority of the troll. That way, when he's trolling, people want to describe the intellectual/moral distance they imagine separates themselves from the troll, and end up ranting about a targeted abstraction that essentially only represents a 2nd-hand take on someone's internet persona.

That's what Trump wants the left to do with him. Make him every clownish or terrifying abstraction imaginable, then take that to the right and to non-voters and say "you see what a stupid piece of **** this guy is? He's dumber than a ******* five year old and racist like a Grand Wizard of the KKK. Look at what he just tweeted. No I'm serious, read what he tweeted, it's horrible." He wants his very name to be exhausting in conversation. He's not looking for 60% popularity in some poll, he's looking to weaken the left and win in 2020.

:ninja:

7 minutes ago, Serge said:

I was talking about HMFIC.  B)

mdrake34 likes this

Trump took the podium a few minutes ago and pumped more rhetoric to please his followers about the Congress women and his comments. Can't wait for the comments from the Congress women who will speak in a few minutes. :munch:

Vogelgryff likes this

53 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

So you approve of altering people's quotes to fit your agenda ?  That's typically a leftist ploy. I agree that it  was a mistake for Trump to make a statement like that, but LYING  about it makes your sin just as bad.  Why not just condemn what he actually said,?  Most people would agree that he shouldn't have said it.  Trump's son in law is Jewish and he has hired more blacks to his WH staff than Obama even thought of.  I don't think Trump has a racist bone in his body, he just comes down hard on people who don't like America. 

Your reasoning is inconsistent, Trump panders to Racist and you are fine with it.Sad .

4 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Trump took the podium a few minutes ago and pumped more rhetoric to please his followers about the Congress women and his comments. Can't wait for the comments from the Congress women who will speak in a few minutes. :munch:

Thanks. It's live on YouTube for the unyankees like me...