Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

25,099 posts in this topic

the best part is worzone is going to consider his mild condemnation of trump's language as enough to diffuse any accusations that he's motivated by racism, but do you think he's going to bother engaging with even a little introspection about the number of those on the right that will wholly embrace trump's message? is he going to question any of the racist propaganda? is he going to re-examine why he cares about immigration at all? are there any larger policy prescriptions that he's going to disagree with?

or will he continue believing that his immigration policy agreement with white nationalists is perfectly fine because he tells himself that "it's for different reasons"?

11 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I was preparing to be mad today.

Why?

He already signed his tender...he was going to be a falcon this year anyway

23 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Also never thought I'd see someone say you aren't a real American unless you're three generations in. That's what we're working with nowadays. Just good lawd.

"Speaker Pelosi, 

I, the undersigned, am personally disgusted by the continued presence of Rep. Ilhan Omar in Congress. 

Her belittling of the attacks by radical Islamic Terrorists on 9/11 as "some people did something" is a disqualifying breach of her oath of office. 

Rep. Omar has repeatedly made virulently anti-Semitic remarks throughout the halls of Congress. She has called Jewish members of the Trump administration “White Nationalists”. She has written letters to Judges asking for leniency for convicted ISIS terrorists. And now she is belittling 9/11. 

I hereby demand you remove Rep. Ilhan Omar from the Foreign Affairs Committee and expel her from Congress immediately."

Feel free to sign, but I'm not one for internet petitions.  I know some first generation Real Americans who signed it. 

The Legendary SB likes this

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Why?

He already signed his tender...he was going to be a falcon this year anyway

Players that play under the tag tend to not be happy about it and want to leave after that season.

27 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Re-reading those tweets, it’s clear to me that Trump’s strategy was trying to divide Pelosi and the Squad, pitting them against each other.  I think he actually thought it would further divide the Dems.  So maybe he had a strategy, but it’s a stupid one.

Hah. "I get it now but it's still stupid because I don't see the damage." It isn't a one-day strategy, it's poison, and the left doesn't have an adequate response because neither the establishment nor the progressives can call it trolling; it's racist and must be taken as seriously as racism. They're going to fight over whether they can work with Trump, whether they can coexist with racism, and they're probably going to bloody each other up by election season over how to respond to Trump's trolling.

Me, my preference would be if they could ascribe the intent to troll to his trolling, so the left doesn't have to fight over what he's doing there. But that's the least likely scenario because everyone on the left is convinced he's too stupid to think that far ahead, even though it isn't actually that hard to think that far ahead, especially if the left is always waiting for you to say something for them to respond to.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Players that play under the tag tend to not be happy about it and want to leave after that season.

Plus his cap hit might be lower this year which gives us more wiggle room for other deals like Julio, Deion Jones, or a FA.

1 hour ago, Red&Black said:

Trump doesn't isolate minority voters, because a first or second generation American from a ****hole country is not really part of the "American" club yet.  Being part of the club requires assimilation, not bringing over crazy ideas.

4 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

"Speaker Pelosi, 

I, the undersigned, am personally disgusted by the continued presence of Rep. Ilhan Omar in Congress. 

Her belittling of the attacks by radical Islamic Terrorists on 9/11 as "some people did something" is a disqualifying breach of her oath of office. 

Rep. Omar has repeatedly made virulently anti-Semitic remarks throughout the halls of Congress. She has called Jewish members of the Trump administration “White Nationalists”. She has written letters to Judges asking for leniency for convicted ISIS terrorists. And now she is belittling 9/11. 

I hereby demand you remove Rep. Ilhan Omar from the Foreign Affairs Committee and expel her from Congress immediately."

Feel free to sign, but I'm not one for internet petitions.  I know some first generation Real Americans who signed it. 

Ahh sweet! A chain email!!!

Also you are the one who said it homie.

HolyMoses and mdrake34 like this

7 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Plus his cap hit might be lower this year which gives us more wiggle room for other deals like Julio, Deion Jones, or a FA.

Let's see how much guaranteed money he gets first.

4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Is this like when snak made up his own news article

OMG, you guys keep bringing up his stupid **** that I forgot about. :D

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

Let's see how much guaranteed money he gets first.

Probably a lot.  We'll see when the spotrac link gets updated.

19 minutes ago, achilles return said:

the best part is worzone is going to consider his mild condemnation of trump's language as enough to diffuse any accusations that he's motivated by racism, but do you think he's going to bother engaging with even a little introspection about the number of those on the right that will wholly embrace trump's message? is he going to question any of the racist propaganda? is he going to re-examine why he cares about immigration at all? are there any larger policy prescriptions that he's going to disagree with?

or will he continue believing that his immigration policy agreement with white nationalists is perfectly fine because he tells himself that "it's for different reasons"?

I'd provide an answer but we already know what it is.

15 minutes ago, Serge said:

Hah. "I get it now but it's still stupid because I don't see the damage." It isn't a one-day strategy, it's poison, and the left doesn't have an adequate response because neither the establishment nor the progressives can call it trolling; it's racist and must be taken as seriously as racism. They're going to fight over whether they can work with Trump, whether they can coexist with racism, and they're probably going to bloody each other up by election season over how to respond to Trump's trolling.

Me, my preference would be if they could ascribe the intent to troll to his trolling, so the left doesn't have to fight over what he's doing there. But that's the least likely scenario because everyone on the left is convinced he's too stupid to think that far ahead, even though it isn't actually that hard to think that far ahead, especially if the left is always waiting for you to say something for them to respond to.

I call it trolling. I'm not "morally outraged" over it. I've been done with Trumps milquetoast racism for a long time now. I know you will dispute my sincerity, but I don't care. I am stating for the record.

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

I hope their names and faces get out there.

******s.

You know it will get leaked to the press.

Trump is terrible for comedy because the left doesn't understand that he's a troll. He wants the left to think he's stupid and racist and loves Putin, so their humor targets an impossibly stupid racist that talks like a liberal pretending to be the dumbest ****head in the world. It doesn't make sense, and it doesn't penetrate to something real the way comedy needs to do, but the left dunks on him like they're shattering the backboard and they're attacking their own abstraction. To most people who aren't firmly politically left it's probably either exhausting or straight pathetic.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:25 PM, HolyMoses said:

OK, huge upset in the new “Jews behaving badly“ power rankings.   None of us could’ve imagined anyone ever replacing Steven Miller at the top of the list but here we go: 

1)  dude in the yarmulke chanting and clapping for Gorka in this video.   You are an actual Jew. Gorka is an actual Nazi. What the ****? 

2) Jeffie Epstein:   Let’s hope he is going to join #10 at  the Shonda Schtetyl  north of Poughkeepsie. 

3)  Steven Miller: realize how evil number two and one must be for Miller to be moved to third? 

4)  Alan Dershowitz.  Certain posters here think that he has his head up trumps *** because he’s a true believer in the rights of the accused.   Suspect he is actually a true believer in underage tang

5)  Kirchner:   See Steven Miller. 

6) Bernie Marcus:   90-year-old cofounder of Home Depot spouting off on Facebook whining about people criticizing him for supporting Trump. 

7)  Benjamin Netanyahu. I just hate that gentleman

8) Majority of voters in Israel:  “Who is the *******?”   If you elect a guy and it turns out he’s an *******. Then he’s the *******. But if you then reelect the *******. Then you’re the *******. 

9) HolyMoses.   I had a warning point assigned this week. I missed behaved. I feel shame. But I haven’t raped any girls.

10). Michael Cohen.  in jail for behaving badly and pretty sure he has lost most of his friends. 

16 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

In other news, Arthur Blank's Home Depot co-founder Bernard Marcus is a huge Trump supporter:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/49448/pro-trump-home-depot-co-founder-90-after-trump-hank-berrien

Welcome to last Thursday.