Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

25,553 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

I'm looking at his Twitter and I'm not seeing those words

Took 5 seconds to find.

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

Took 5 seconds to find.

Re-reading those tweets, it’s clear to me that Trump’s strategy was trying to divide Pelosi and the Squad, pitting them against each other.  I think he actually thought it would further divide the Dems.  So maybe he had a strategy, but it’s a stupid one.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

11 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

More like I don't defend Trump's twitter feed.

I defend policy that I agree with.  

10 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Well he also said those things on national tv today. 

Yes, there's a new gotcha Trump soundbite nearly every day.

I think the national TV comments were something like "If you don't like the US you should leave".   

OK sure I agree with that.  *thumbs up*

13 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

What do you mean “intentional”?  Do I believe he intentionally made a racist comment?  Sure.  Do I believe he thought “I’m going to post this racist comment knowing that Dems will respond this way and Reps will respond that way and their responses will help me, and then I’ll go out and double down on the racism on camera, and that’s going to cause reaction A that leads to action B that help me?”  Nope, not at all.

That's why I say it doesn't take a genius to troll liberals. Actually you want them to think they're smarter than you. Every single person that knows Trump is stupid, knows they individually are smarter than Trump. Every Single One. They like thinking that.

In this case, he has you inventing a more complicated scenario that his mind would have had to traverse, so that it works in your mind to dismiss the possibility of intent and write it off as more mindless stupidity. But he does have the left thinking this rift between the establishment and the progressives matters. And he's daring progressives to turn completely on Pelosi and the establishment. Doesn't take genius, doesn't take a strategic adviser, just takes knowing how to **** with people on Twitter.

1 minute ago, T-Falcon said:

Ok I apologize I thought y'all were interpreting his you can leave if you hate this country as go back where you came from. 

@mdrake34 @Psychic Gibbon @Boner @Leon Troutsky

I mean, he said that on tv today, but yeah, he straight up told three congresswomen born in the US to go back to their countries. 

I deleted my post with the N word accusation.

Just now, mdrake34 said:

I mean, he said that on tv today, but yeah, he straight up told three congresswomen born in the US to go back to their countries. 

I deleted my post with the N word accusation.

That isn't acceptable for anyone much less the president of the US.  

4 hours ago, T-Falcon said:

I'm not for blocking asylum seekers honestly.

If a leaky pipe invades my household it's going to get plugged. It's pretty simple.

38 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Michelle Obama: When they go low, we go high.

Mdrake: Nope, hold my beer.  

18 hours ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Conservatives have the worst sense of humor

Just now, Jpowers said:

Also never thought I'd see someone say you aren't a real American unless you're three generations in. That's what we're working with nowadays. Just good lawd.

Reeks of the One-Drop Rule, don't it?

Andrews_31 and lostone like this

48 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Poor language choice. They should go back to life before Congress because they are all not only bad at their jobs but communist influencing our nation. Far more dangerous than any Russian interference.

Racism and red baiting. Hitting all the conservative cues today.