Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

43,060 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I think it mostly comes down to Schumer being completely incompetent. He couldn't keep his caucus in line at all which led to an embarrassing vote in the Senate. The blue dog revolt in the House followed shortly after that.

The current leadership has been disappointing to say the least, especially Schumer. 

It wasn't just blue dogs. NewDems also backed them. Blue Dogs have like 20 members including overlap. They cannot force anything. They would rather the status quo continue than give AOC a win. That is dysfunctional. Pelosi and her left punching will be gone soon enough, but AOC not being able to get support across the caucus will damage her ability to get stuff done. And JD is nearly good enough at challenges to be able to rely on a future more progressive caucus. 

11 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

The current leadership has been disappointing to say the least, especially Schumer. 

It wasn't just blue dogs. NewDems also backed them. Blue Dogs have like 20 members including overlap. They cannot force anything. They would rather the status quo continue than give AOC a win. That is dysfunctional. Pelosi and her left punching will be gone soon enough, but AOC not being able to get support across the caucus will damage her ability to get stuff done. And JD is nearly good enough at challenges to be able to rely on a future more progressive caucus. 

The problem they're going to have with AOC is that she's popular far beyond her base and is going to have a lot of sway with disgruntled voters who are choosing between incumbents and primary challengers. And there will be a wave of resistance toward those who ran on a platform of accountability and then watched as Dear Leader continued to violate our laws and norms. "Dem leadership" is proving to be an oxymoron. Just my opinion, but I think the same people snubbing their noses at her agenda and approach are going to need her to let bygones be bygones.

4 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Thanks whoever Reported me. I assume it was Worzone.

Well here we go. I mean... be aware of the situation. Someone got banned in this very thread not even a week ago and you decide to pop off with that comment in a harmless conversation with someone you mostly agree with.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

Well here we go. I mean... be aware of the situation. Someone got banned in this very thread not even a week ago and you decide to pop off with that comment in a harmless conversation with someone you mostly agree with.

He was trying to emasculate me. GA Fan can't take a ribbing yet again. I'm sorry but that's facts, that's not instigation. I took the piss at him and he comes back with what he said. I'm seriously not trying to "instigate" anything by continuing to discuss this publicly.

9 minutes ago, Carter said:

And technically Worzone does not exist so uh...

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Or like me.... this job I have now, I straight up told them in the interview I have no experience in this field but I'll work my tail off. They said they had some more interviews to do but they called me a few days later and offered the job lol

It went over pretty well in the HR orientation day too. They went around the room and asked us what are some things we could do to keep costs down in our jobs. This was a city wide orientation, not just specifically where I work, there were a few new cops in there, a couple of new HR people, some parks & rec workers, an IT guy. When it was my turn I shrugged and said "I don't even know what I'm gonna be doing." :lol: 

Until you said Cop, I was thinking Adult entertainer! :lol:

Carter likes this

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

The problem they're going to have with AOC is that she's popular far beyond her base and is going to have a lot of sway with disgruntled voters who are choosing between incumbents and primary challengers. And there will be a wave of resistance toward those who ran on a platform of accountability and then watched as Dear Leader continued to violate our laws and norms. "Dem leadership" is proving to be an oxymoron. Just my opinion, but I think the same people snubbing their noses at her agenda and approach are going to need her to let bygones be bygones.

Endorsements are not that powerful. Both Bernie and AOC endorsed a candidate in KS-03 dem primary and that candidate lost to Sharice Davids, who ended up flipping the seat. This was after AOC won against Crowley and was on TV. 

Cuellar, Lipinski, etc can kick rocks and I hope they lose, but JD and AOC's endorsement is not powerful enough to flip seats or beat incumbents. AOC won her race in a low turnout event. Cuomo also had a lefty challenger endorsed by AOC and he crushed her. Even in AOC's district, he got more votes than AOC and Crowley combined. 

5 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

He was trying to emasculate me. GA Fan can't take a ribbing yet again. I'm sorry but that's facts, that's not instigation. I took the piss at him and he comes back with what he said. I'm seriously not trying to "instigate" anything by continuing to discuss this publicly.

3 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

And technically Worzone does not exist so uh...

All @GEORGIAfan did was tell you to @ him when you talk about him.

Idk what the 2nd quote is about or why you bring him up when you did this to yourself.

The new mods actually read the thread. If you catch a warning or worse it doesn't necessarily mean anyone reported you.

JDaveG likes this

Just now, Jpowers said:

The new mods actually read the thread. If you catch a warning or worse it doesn't necessarily mean anyone reported you.

Do you want to put money on this? I have 5 dollars

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Or like me.... this job I have now, I straight up told them in the interview I have no experience in this field but I'll work my tail off. They said they had some more interviews to do but they called me a few days later and offered the job lol

It went over pretty well in the HR orientation day too. They went around the room and asked us what are some things we could do to keep costs down in our jobs. This was a city wide orientation, not just specifically where I work, there were a few new cops in there, a couple of new HR people, some parks & rec workers, an IT guy. When it was my turn I shrugged and said "I don't even know what I'm gonna be doing." :lol: 

But seriously, my job before my current, I went in the same way and told them what I was experienced in and what kind of work ethic I had. 

Seems like that is all they wanted because I had A LOT of on the job trading I had to learn on the fly and support in house users while learning the other parts of my job. 

It made my new job extremely easy to deal with and adjust to, as I am pretty mush doing most of the same duties.

Carter likes this

5 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Ain't about the cash. A blind man just shouldn't bet on what color something is with a man who can see.

yeah but then the blind man gets to see for a brief moment

Finally drank enough bourbon to re-watch Super Bowl LI. 

I'll never live to see another Atlanta championship. I got the Braves in 95. That will have to be enough. 28-3 will be forever etched on my tombstone.