Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,327 posts in this topic

Just now, eatcorn said:

We're overdue for the T-Falcon power hour.

He's probably taking a break.  He had to do the heavy lifting while I was gone.  ;)

16 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The “right people in the right places” so far includes...

Paul Manafort

Rick Gates

Michael Flynn

Michael Cohen

Steve Bannon

Rex Tillerson

Sebastia Gorka

Anthony Scaramuci

^^^That’s a partial list, and doesn’t even include people Trump nominated that had to withdraw because of things like domestic violence and corruption.  

That’s a funny definition of “the right people”.

People have pointed out that Trump tends to do the "projection" thing a lot.   He makes up stuff about his opponents that he's actually doing himself.

But how remarkable that he was actually talking about his cabinet when he made his campaign announcement speech?

"When Mexico sends its people . . . They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

falconsd56 and Leon Troutsky like this

Trumps appointees fall thru the trap door eventually because Trump is clueless.

Nine high level cabinet members and 66 senior officials are GONE. Nice job picking only the best. :lol: :lol:

3 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Trumps appointees fall thru the trap door eventually because Trump is clueless.

Nine high level cabinet members and 66 senior officials are GONE. Nice job picking only the best. :lol: :lol:

But at least months after they're caught violating Federal law he fires them. Accountability!

Leon Troutsky likes this

6 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

But at least months after they're caught violating Federal law he fires them. Accountability!

Accountabilty, transparency, MAGA, all in one basket of poop.

Trump Rallying GIF - Trump Rallying Maga GIFs

20 minutes ago, achilles return said:

It's a good thing we have checks and balances against the tyranny of the mob.  Gives Weekend at Bernie's a whole new meaning don't you think?220px-Heads_on_pikes.jpg

7 minutes ago, achilles return said:

donated $4.20

@Gritzblitz 2.0 if you want someone on the the democratic stage questioning the american empire, i'd forgo coffee today and give a dollar to this guy.

Already done. 

I got a feeling he's going to get the Yang treatment from the networks, but it's worth a buck to get him on the stage. 

1 minute ago, Red&Black said:

It's a good thing we have checks and balances against the tyranny of the mob.  Gives Weekend at Bernie's a whole new meaning don't you think?220px-Heads_on_pikes.jpg

This seems to suggest that the checks and balances we need to prevent mob rule is absolute monarchy.

mdrake34 and Door Gunner like this

American conservatives: Revolutions are bad. Mob rule!

Also American conservatives: We're the only protectors of what the American revolution was fought for.

6 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

This seems to suggest that the checks and balances we need to prevent mob rule is absolute monarchy.

A Constitutional Republic is better than both democracy and absolute monarchy.  

I may have posted this before a while back but it's not spam since my old posts don't exist anymore.  ;)

Just now, The Legendary SB said:

A Constitutional Republic is better than both democracy and absolute monarchy.  

On 5/23/2019 at 3:15 PM, Psychic Gibbon said:

Says a republic is a government that's ruled by law while a democracy is rule by the majority, which is a toddler's vision of politics.

The reality is that a republic is basically any form of government that isn't a monarchy. This is why they can include systems that range from dictatorships to democracies. The United States is a democratic republic... No monarchy and the people vote for the officials that will represent them in government.

We've already been over this.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Fixed

i think at this point there's enough evidence to attribute their aversion to making a society more democratic purely a thing of malice rather than ignorance. the gop understands how it's biscuit gets buttered, and it's not by extolling the electorate.

22 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

People have pointed out that Trump tends to do the "projection" thing a lot.   He makes up stuff about his opponents that he's actually doing himself.

But how remarkable that he was actually talking about his cabinet when he made his campaign announcement speech?

"When Mexico sends its people . . . They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Wrong again Moses.  That's one of Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals", which you leftists follow to the letter , I.E. Hillary/Obama/Russian Collusion etc.  Head out of sand NOW trooper. 

The Legendary SB likes this

15 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Accountabilty, transparency, MAGA, all in one basket of poop.

Trump Rallying GIF - Trump Rallying Maga GIFs

But the criminal Dems were not fired, they escaped..........for now, but their time is coming.....SOON......................TICK ..........

15 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The right people in the right places.

I guess you would prefer all Marxists on the Border, operating the swinging gate.

Just now, HMFIC said:

I guess you would prefer all Marxists on the Border, operating the swinging gate.

Sounds good. Thank you for the suggestion.

6 minutes ago, achilles return said:

i think at this point there's enough evidence to attribute their aversion to making a society more democratic purely a thing of malice rather than ignorance. the gop understands how it's biscuit gets buttered, and it's not by extolling the electorate.

Unfortunately i have to disagree.

Yes some on the right just have malice and are intentionally deceitful but there is just plain old fashioned ignorance.

Some of it is willful...some of it is not.

There are people who actually believe that if we allowed the presidency to go to popular vote that their bicycles will be taken by the mob.