Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,327 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

The video was released yesterday, showing Trump shaking hands in a crowd and giving an "Air Kiss", to the CHEEK of Mrs Nelson.  Do you feel better now that you have spread another filthy LIE about our president ?   You are absolutely hysterical with HATE for Trump.......TDS personified.  SHAME  !

The Legendary SB likes this

34 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

OK, have fun with this as it's a gateway to pizzagate/Qanon. 

He always changes the subject when he sees truth,  They teach you do that at Auburn apparently.

10 hours ago, Jpowers said:

He's a moron. The system just feeds into that.

That's definitely the thing.  Like, I don't believe he's too dumb to spell words like "the."  I'm sure if you asked him how to spell it, he could do so correctly.  But that doesn't mean he's doing these things as part of some master-plan to troll libs to take focus off his agenda or anything.  He's a not-very-bright uber-narcissistic liar who impulsively reacts to even the most minor, trivial things, which results in him rushing to fire off poorly constructed tweets about everything from foreign policy to hollywood romances.  This isn't new.  This is who he has been for a long, long time.  I mean, it wasn't some genius master plan when he was calling reporters under a fake name to talk about how much of a stud he was back in the 80s and 90s.  

He's a bit of a dummy who, through combination of sheer force of will, marketing, corruption, vileness, deceit, and a huge financial head start has managed to fall *** backwards to the top of our political system.   Like you said, that is more a product of the system that can allow such things than it is of his own skill or cunning.  And, yes, it should worry people that someone who now has so much power is a not-very-bright uber-narcissistic liar who impulsively reacts to even the most minor, trivial things.

11 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Never heard of her until this post.

Oh, they will always did up some obscure zany person, and use them to illustrate how nutty they are, all the while ignoring the antics of AOC, Maxine Waters et al.  

Just now, Carl Showalter said:

That's definitely the thing.  Like, I don't believe he's too dumb to spell words like "the."  I'm sure if you asked him how to spell it, he could do so correctly.  But that doesn't mean he's doing these things as part of some master-plan to troll libs to take focus off his agenda or anything.  He's a not-very-bright uber-narcissistic liar who impulsively reacts to even the most minor, trivial things, which results in him rushing to fire off poorly constructed tweets about everything from foreign policy to hollywood romances.  This isn't new.  This is who he has been for a long, long time.  I mean, it wasn't some genius master plan when he was calling reporters under a fake name to talk about how much of a stud he was back in the 80s and 90s.  

He's a bit of a dummy who, through combination of sheer force of will, marketing, corruption, vileness, deceit, and a huge financial head start has managed to fall *** backwards to the top of our political system.   Like you said, that is more a product of the system that can allow such things than it is of his own skill or cunning.  And, yes, it should worry people that someone who now has so much power is a not-very-bright uber-narcissistic liar who impulsively reacts to even the most minor, trivial things.

I cannot emphasize enough, he doesn't have to be anything like a genius to pull this off. Y'all are reading that into what I'm saying because you want to believe it would require genius to have intentionally done what Trump's done so far.

3 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

He is just making a tiered ranking. He isn't actually making any predictions of whether or not they will win. 13 may be low, but is also all the presidential elections in the modern era. The rankings also change nearly weekly. Beto was in the 1st tier before the debate and is now in tier 3 below Booker. 

You cannot honestly tell me you think Sanders' campaign is on a winning trajectory. 

six months out from iowa, that kind of horse-racing just feels like theater. it feels like fivethiryeight justifying it's own existence.

am i supremely confident in sanders' chances? of course not, there's a reason i hope warren hangs around as well. but i just saw a poll that had him second in iowa and first in new hampshire, and i genuinely believe that the likely voter models could be underestimating his potential. i also feel like the dedication of his grassroots support gives him the best ground game of anyone in the primaries.

but the bottom line is - it's early. way too early to be dancing on anyone's grave.

@mdrake34 The Mrs said you need to submit her picture to Gerber for the Gerber baby contest they throw. Plus the girls at her office are having a fit over her still. It must be weird that your daughter is a rock star to middle aged women in a small real estate office over 100 miles away.

mdrake34, falconsd56 and lostone like this

7 minutes ago, Serge said:

I cannot emphasize enough, he doesn't have to be anything like a genius to pull this off. Y'all are reading that into what I'm saying because you want to believe it would require genius to have intentionally done what Trump's done so far.

It's not even "genius" that I'm talking about; like, I'm not saying he'd have to be a genius to do what you're describing.  It's that he has not - over many decades - demonstrated the patience or intellectual capacity to pull it off intentionally.  He pulls it off despite doing so many things that should derail it.  He pulls it off because of major, systemic problems in our political, media, and social media environments.  He pulls it off because we're living in the worst timeline right now.

bdog 29 likes this

20 minutes ago, Carl Showalter said:

who impulsively reacts to even the most minor, trivial things.

This part annoys me and I'm a Trump supporter.  I don't think he should bother with hyper-liberal actors and athletes.  He's giving them more attention by quoting them.

I don't think Trump is an expert on everything but I think because of his executive experience he is an excellent delegator.  He puts the right people in the right places and holds them accountable for results.  

He's also very good at negotiation and even made a book about it way back.

Just now, Carl Showalter said:

It's not even "genius" that I'm talking about; like, I'm not saying he'd have to be a genius to do what you're describing.  It's that he has not - over many decades - demonstrated the patience or intellectual capacity to pull it off intentionally.  He pulls it off despite doing so many things that should derail it.  He pulls it off because of major, systemic problems in our political, media, and social media environments.  He pulls it off because we're living in the worst timeline right now.

You're more or less ascribing his success to the evil magic present in our timeline that's empowered him specifically for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, HolyMoses said:

People invest in the market because it goes up.  Sometimes it goes down, but in the long run, it goes  up.  

On average the market achieves a new high every single day.  

If you are so unsophisticated as to think this is something for the president to celebrate as some kind of executive achievement, you probably don't have any money in the market.  

Also: the markets aren't the economy.

HolyMoses likes this

2 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

This part annoys me and I'm a Trump supporter.  I don't think he should bother with hyper-liberal actors and athletes.  He's giving them more attention by quoting them.

I don't think Trump is an expert on everything but I think because of his executive experience he is an excellent delegator.  He puts the right people in the right places and holds them accountable for results.  

See, I say that's intentional disinformation, he starts fights online to distract from what he's doing irl. But even though we know for all intents and purposes that he does that, the left has to explain it as Trump being an absolute moron that's incapable of repressing his instinct to start a fight, and the right has to explain that they don't like or understand or own his impulse to keep doing that. Both sides perpetuate a myth that Trump's doing it for reasons conceivable only to Trump, when it's actually perfectly understandable if you allow for Trump to be someone that intentionally influences what the media says about him.

31 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

They were from China, as was the owner of the jack shack, but no one was "trafficked" nor forced to work there against their will. 

This was just a garden variety prostitution bust that virtually no one cares about until the term "human trafficking" is thrown about. 

29 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Never heard of her until this post.

Most folks haven't, but like I said, she was the first, mere months after Trump's inauguration, to claims he had arrested thousands of human traffickers based on bogus numbers.  It took on a life of its own and this mythos about his fight against human trafficking was created.  Human trafficking is a scary term, and EVERYONE supports fighting it, but all kinds of arrests for regular old prostitution between two consenting adults gets lumped in as "human trafficking." 

The far right conspiracy theorists jumped on it immediately, which in early 2017 was in the waning days of Pizzagate, and just before Qanon took off in fall of 2017.  The problem is, things like claims of massive human trafficking arrests that start with the conspiracy theorists bleed over into view of regular Trump supporters like you.  And, again, it looks great - Trump is fighting human trafficking, literally no one in their right mind would criticize him for that.  But you've got to look at where these claims originate, which in this case came from these freakin' nutso conspiracy theories. 

On 7/7/2019 at 8:24 AM, Serge said:

They love Trump more than they ever liked McCain because McCain played the game and Trump's broken it.

Convincing cable news liberals that this **** is funny and works must be nothing short of miraculous to conservatives that hated voting for McCain in 08 and Romney in 2012. It's disgusting but I kinda get why they revere such a dog**** human being.

On 7/3/2019 at 4:14 PM, Serge said:

I'm not saying he's a genius, I'm saying there's a reason he watches so much Fox News and surrounds himself with the people he chooses to surround himself with. Whereas Big_Dog liberals want to have their cake and eat it too, say he's a master of disinformation that's also so stupid he believes practically anything he's told by his people. He's turned the Big_Dog liberal into a source of disinformation, spouting everything there is to spout about Trump and wearing people down on Trump as a whole. And we're not even supposed to acknowledge that that's what happened, because Trump's too stupid to come up with something like that. We're too reliant on the idea that he doesn't understand the media because he keeps opening himself up to liberals calling him a moron. That's not a bug; that's a feature. Like I said, he especially wants liberals to think he's stupid.

It's almost like TV logic. He's not supposed to be able to come up with something like that because his character's supposed to be an idiot.

On 6/27/2019 at 6:12 PM, Serge said:

I've never heard a convincing alternative theory to mine for why Trump acted the way he did with Putin. I've had a lot of cable news aficionados get mad at me for saying what I've said, especially for blaming the cable news networks for how the Mueller report has been received, but the alternative given to my theory is essentially "stop saying that, I don't want to think about it like that, it's more fun to think of Trump as a total boob, utterly impossible to underestimate." 

It weakens resistance to Trump to have to think he's so stupid that he's incapable of successfully implementing disinformation. And he knows It! That's why he's never not leaned into a fight.

The alternative theory always supplied by liberals is that none of that's intentional, he's just stupid and everything works out the way he'd want it to. The more liberals and the left need to believe that, the more it looks to me like a liability Trump's very consciously nourished to his own benefit.

8 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

This is provably, factually, false.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Steve unfortunately comes back and immediately posts blatantly false propaganda. Very on brand.

I mean, it’s kind of funny that his first day back and he faceplants.  Now if he starts melting down, he can’t revert to his tactic of posting the exact same links or pictures 10-15 times in a row.  So it could be funny,

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

11 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

If his business history is any indicator then lmao

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

The end result of his business history was turning $1 million into $3.5 billion. 

That's pretty friggin good!

Just now, The Legendary SB said:

The end result of his business history was turning $1 million into $3.5 billion. 

I like businessmen who don't get barred from taking out loans by US banks.

HolyMoses likes this

3 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Trump once claimed that his father gave him a " small loan" of about $1 million to help him get started in the real-estate business, but The Times' analysis found that "Fred Trump actually lent him at least $60.7 million, or $140 million in today's dollars." Much of this loan was never repaid, the report said.

The Times said that if Donald Trump had done nothing but invest the money his father gave him in an index fund that tracks the S&P 500, he'd still be worth about $2 billion today.

Forbes estimates that Trump's net worth is about $3.1 billion.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-is-donald-trump-worth-his-father-gave-millions-investing-2018-10

lol

HolyMoses likes this

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The “made a book about it” part made me snort the Frap I am drinking out threw my nose! :lol:

Psychic Gibbon likes this