Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,327 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, The Legendary SB said:

Not sure what you're talking about.  Ie...what I didn't "read up on".  A few days ago Trump himself said that Acosta was doing a great job as labor secretary.  Also regarding human trafficking there's this:

Count of Human trafficing (sic) arrests: Trump vs Obama 2010-2017

I haven't seen the 2018 numbers.

That's pretty much what I figured.  I do agree that it's fishy and my understanding is that Trump didn't even know Acosta back then.  

@AF89 and I have discussed this in detail, those Trump numbers are bogus.  Liz Crokin started reporting "massive" human trafficking/sex slave/pedophile arrests as soon as Trump stepped foot in office in 2017.  There is no hard data to back up those numbers, investigative journalists have looked.  A lot of the numbers come from the yearly stings in the city hosting the Super Bowl when they do prostitution stings, and a lot of the arrests are the prostitutes themselves. 

This isn't a "I hate Trump I'm a dirty lefty commie thing" - I've tried to research this myself going back to Crokin's article that started all of this in 2017 and I've seen no support for a massive increase under Trump.  It was bogus info.  I have no doubt sex traffickers are being arrested under Trump, and I have no doubt that Trump wants sex traffickers arrested and wants to protect US citizens.  But those numbers in that graph are bogus. 

7 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Not sure what you're talking about.  Ie...what I didn't "read up on".  A few days ago Trump himself said that Acosta was doing a great job as labor secretary.  Also regarding human trafficking there's this:

That's pretty much what I figured.  I do agree that it's fishy and my understanding is that Trump didn't even know Acosta back then.  

Oh, I remember that image. That made the rounds in Trump internet circles. The Obama years are official numbers from government agencies. It turned out the 2017 number, however, came from some site called Trump1776 or something where the people there compiled random articles about people getting arrested, found any excuse to declare that it was part of the anti-human trafficking campaign that Trump "launched" with MBS (RIP Vicious), and posted that.

Just now, HolyMoses said:

People invest in the market because it goes up.  Sometimes it goes down, but in the long run, it goes  up.  

On average the market achieves a new high every single day.  

If you are so unsophisticated as to think this is something for the president to celebrate as some kind of executive achievement, you probably don't have any money in the market.  

The whitehouse has taken many measures to stimulate the economy.

In the chapters that follow, we demonstrate that these departures from the recent trend are not accidental but rather reflect the Trump Administration’s deliberate measures to create and maintain conditions under which the U.S. economy can achieve maximum employment, production, and purchasing power. Specifically, a unifying theme throughout this Report is that these conditions are generally achieved by providing maximum scope for the efficiency of free enterprise and competitive market mechanisms, and ensuring that those mechanisms are operative in both domestic and global markets.

Beginning with chapter 1, “Evaluating the Effects of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act,” we use currently available data to examine the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act’s (TCJA’s) anticipated and observed effects, with particular attention to the relative velocities of adjustment along each economic margin. We find that by lowering the cost of capital, the TCJA had an instant and large effect on business expectations, with firms immediately responding to the TCJA by upwardly revising planned capital expenditures, employee compensation, and hiring. We also observe revised capital plans translating into higher capital expenditures and real private investment in fixed assets, with nonresidential investment in equipment, structures, and intellectual property products growing at a weighted average annual rate of about 8 percent from 2017:Q4 through 2018:Q3, climbing to $150 billion over the pre-TCJA expansion trend of 2009:Q3 through 2017:Q4. (Equipment investment trends are calculated through 2017:Q3, because the TCJA’s allowance of full expensing of new equipment investment was retroactive to September 2017.) In addition to tallying more than 6 million workers receiving bonuses directly attributed to the TCJA, with an average bonus size of $1,200, we also estimate, real disposable personal income per household rose to $640 over the trend by the third quarter of 2018, or 16 percent of the CEA’s estimated long-run effect of $4,000 per household. In real terms, median usual weekly earnings of all full-time wage and salary workers were up $805 over trend on an annualized basis.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/summary-2019-economic-report-president/

"That "hundreds a month" factoid was traced directly back to Crokin, who has a combined 79,000 followers on Twitter and Facebook. She had written a blog post in early 2017 for the conservative website Townhall titled "Why the MSM Is Ignoring Trump's Sex Trafficking Busts." The article alleged that law enforcement agencies under Trump had freed more kids from bondage in one month than in any year during the Obama administration. She cited "a staggering 1,500-plus arrests" of sex traffickers arrested in Trump's first 30 days, compared to just 400 in 2014 under Obama. Crokin's post, which has since been debunked,"

https://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleader/archives/2018/04/06/former-chicago-gossip-columnist-liz-crokin-is-now-a-star-among-far-right-conspiracy-theorists

This is the article that debunked Crokin's original article: https://reason.com/2017/02/27/trumps-fake-crackdown-on-sex-trafficking

HolyMoses likes this

4 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Oh, I remember that image. That made the rounds in Trump internet circles. The Obama years are official numbers from government agencies. It turned out the 2017 number, however, came from some site called Trump1776 or something where the people there compiled random articles about people getting arrested, found any excuse to declare that it was part of the anti-human trafficking campaign that Trump "launched" with MBS (RIP Vicious), and posted that.

btw, if you want to know the actual number for 2017:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/additional-data-collections/human-trafficking/human-trafficking.pdf

It's closer to 1,200 than 6,000 lol

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Steve unfortunately comes back and immediately posts blatantly false propaganda. Very on brand.

That name doesn’t really roll off ones tongue, but I like it and it’s pretty accurate too! Lol

Psychic Gibbon likes this

19 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

14 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

@AF89 and I have discussed this in detail, those Trump numbers are bogus.  Liz Crokin started reporting "massive" human trafficking/sex slave/pedophile arrests as soon as Trump stepped foot in office in 2017.  There is no hard data to back up those numbers, investigative journalists have looked.  A lot of the numbers come from the yearly stings in the city hosting the Super Bowl when they do prostitution stings, and a lot of the arrests are the prostitutes themselves. 

This isn't a "I hate Trump I'm a dirty lefty commie thing" - I've tried to research this myself going back to Crokin's article that started all of this in 2017 and I've seen no support for a massive increase under Trump.  It was bogus info.  I have no doubt sex traffickers are being arrested under Trump, and I have no doubt that Trump wants sex traffickers arrested and wants to protect US citizens.  But those numbers in that graph are bogus. 

7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

btw, if you want to know the actual number for 2017:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/additional-data-collections/human-trafficking/human-trafficking.pdf

It's closer to 1,200 than 6,000 lol

The graph was made before the ICE numbers were released for 2017 and were pieced together from various news sources.

Also your FBI link is not comparable to the ICE numbers in the graph.  APPLES vs ORANGES.  

1 minute ago, The Legendary SB said:

The graph was made before the ICE numbers were released for 2017 and were pieced together from various news sources.

Also your FBI link is not comparable to the ICE numbers in the graph.  APPLES vs ORANGES.  

OK, have fun with this as it's a gateway to pizzagate/Qanon. 

2 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Caught spreading fake news again. Sad!

1 hour ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

No, but your assessment of "the ones still waiting for Mueller to take down Trump" is just off the mark.

What you need to do is to turn on the television, or log into your Comcast on your PC and watch some television news channels to actually be able to talk about "the ones still waiting for Mueller to take down Trump" with some competence. Otherwise, you just continue to flap your gums without a clue as to what's actually going on.

Yeah man. All he did was "manipulate the media" and that's how he got "out of the Russia investigation"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-donor-peter-smith-russia-hackers-hillary-clinton-emails-republican-operative-michael-a7840456.html

QOiGYez.png

Yeah except they didn't. Like, at all.

I mean right after accusing me of living in 2017, you post an article from 2017 and express, I guess, regret(?) that the cable news shows didn't spend some time speculating on a suspicious suicide.:shrug:

4 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Caught spreading fake news again. Sad!

I apologize.  The graph was made before the official 2017 numbers were released and is inaccurate.

I removed it from my post.

The 1200 number is also wrong / fake news though.  Human Trafficking falls under the jurisdiction of DHS not just the FBI.   The white house is claiming over 1500 arrests in 2017:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-taking-action-end-human-trafficking/

Most "human trafficking" arrests are bullsh*t. Departments are realizing that if they package their normal consentual prostitution arrests (which few care about), into the scary buzzword of "human trafficking" then it will have the public clamoring lawmakers for more authoritarian laws and more funding for departments. It's a hustle. 

Remember when Robert Kraft was caught getting a rub & tug?  Human trafficking was one of the charges in that case, then those charges were quietly dropped. 

mdrake34 and AF89 like this

4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Didn't steve compliment vicious on being impressively red pilled once? :lol:

I think it was over one good post, not his entire posting career which I don't know all the details on.  

I would tell you which post it was but I can't find it since my posts were removed. :ninja:

5 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Most "human trafficking" arrests are bullsh*t. Departments are realizing that if they package their normal consentual prostitution arrests (which few care about), into the scary buzzword of "human trafficking" then it will have the public clamoring lawmakers for more authoritarian laws and more funding for departments. It's a hustle. 

Remember when Robert Kraft was caught getting a rub & tug?  Human trafficking was one of the charges in that case, then those charges were quietly dropped. 

I thought his masseuse was imported from another China or something?  That wasn't the case?

52 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Actually reports say folks inside the WH thought his policies were too liberal, and others have complained that he has actually weakened protections for human/sex trafficking victims.  You may, yet again, want to read up on things before you spout off.

And no, we didn't get any good explanation to why Epstein got a sweetheart deal.  Acosta tried to blame the Florida State Prosecutor by saying they thought they were doing to drop the charges, and the Florida State Prosecutor immediately issued a statement saying that was incorrect and that the feds (Acosta's office) had prepared a lengthy sealed indictment, meaning the feds thought they had a really good case.  So he lied to the American people on national TV. 

Did Obama , Hillary, Comey, Clapper, Brennen, et al  ever lie to the American people on National TV ?  Did you , or any leftist ever call for their resignations .  Your blatant bias is overwhelming .

9 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I thought his masseuse was imported from another China or something?  That wasn't the case?

They were from China, as was the owner of the jack shack, but no one was "trafficked" nor forced to work there against their will. 

This was just a garden variety prostitution bust that virtually no one cares about until the term "human trafficking" is thrown about. 

21 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

lol

What’s the problem????

She seems credible. And when that day finally gets here when she finally writes all that has happened to her out, I am sure it will make all sense of this. 

:rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

"That "hundreds a month" factoid was traced directly back to Crokin, who has a combined 79,000 followers on Twitter and Facebook. She had written a blog post in early 2017 for the conservative website Townhall titled "Why the MSM Is Ignoring Trump's Sex Trafficking Busts." The article alleged that law enforcement agencies under Trump had freed more kids from bondage in one month than in any year during the Obama administration. She cited "a staggering 1,500-plus arrests" of sex traffickers arrested in Trump's first 30 days, compared to just 400 in 2014 under Obama. Crokin's post, which has since been debunked,"

https://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleader/archives/2018/04/06/former-chicago-gossip-columnist-liz-crokin-is-now-a-star-among-far-right-conspiracy-theorists

This is the article that debunked Crokin's original article: https://reason.com/2017/02/27/trumps-fake-crackdown-on-sex-trafficking

Please, for the love of God, tell me that Crokin was NOT at the Social Media Summit at the Whitehouse yesterday.

19 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I apologize.  The graph was made before the official 2017 numbers were released and is inaccurate.

I removed it from my post.

The 1200 number is also wrong / fake news though.  Human Trafficking falls under the jurisdiction of DHS not just the FBI.   The white house is claiming over 1500 arrests in 2017:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-taking-action-end-human-trafficking/

That's clearly fake news. MAGA1776 made a very detailed report that it was over 6,000!

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

That's clearly fake news. MAGA1776 made a very detailed report that it was over 6,000!

He is not gonna let this go, is he? Lol