Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,328 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Yeah except they didn't. Like, at all.

Good thing they never lost you as a customer despite that, I guess.:shrug:

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

Good thing they never lost you as a customer despite that, I guess.:shrug:

Mark that down as another thing you think about cable news coverage that's actually incorrect.

18 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The proposal they rolled out to deal with economic inequity was originally designed to deal with economic inequity? Wow. I'm shocked.

You get shocked a lot.

18 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

How much does anyone want to bet that WFW thinks that's a real news source?

Exactly, just like The Onion...:sadwave:

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

WHY DID IT TAKE THIS LONG?

Probably because he has been doing a great job as labor secretary.

But it seems he is too much of a political liability to keep around.  Did we ever get an adequate explanation on why Epstein got such a sweetheart deal?  I didn't watch the press conference.  

18 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Donald Trump and I approve of this message!

Keep up the great work on the economy Mr. President!

Were you on a short hiatus involuntarily?

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Were you on a short hiatus involuntarily?

Yes.  All I know is that I answered somebody's question with a vid that I had posted before and boom I was gone.  I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes but I'm glad to be back.  I'll be more careful about re-posting stuff if that's what caused it.  

2 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

But it seems he is too much of a political liability to keep around.  Did we ever get an adequate explanation on why Epstein got such a sweetheart deal?  I didn't watch the press conference.  

Actually reports say folks inside the WH thought his policies were too liberal, and others have complained that he has actually weakened protections for human/sex trafficking victims.  You may, yet again, want to read up on things before you spout off.

And no, we didn't get any good explanation to why Epstein got a sweetheart deal.  Acosta tried to blame the Florida State Prosecutor by saying they thought they were doing to drop the charges, and the Florida State Prosecutor immediately issued a statement saying that was incorrect and that the feds (Acosta's office) had prepared a lengthy sealed indictment, meaning the feds thought they had a really good case.  So he lied to the American people on national TV. 

Leon Troutsky and HolyMoses like this

3 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Yes.  All I know is that I answered somebody's question with a vid that I had posted before and boom I was gone.  I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes but I'm glad to be back.  I'll be more careful about re-posting stuff if that's what caused it.  

Did you kill any animals (that deserved it of course) with your bare hands while you took your respite?

7 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

He was a d.ick the way he handled Epstein years ago. Esp when he defended his actions by saying "things were different in 2008"  No they weren't.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

A small victory for Squirrely Bob, he needs them at this point.

I'm the stable genius you claim to be.

Just now, Big_Dog said:

I'm the stable genius you claim to be.

That was like catching a tommycat or bluegill, not the big fish that is Trump. You're gonna needs a bigger boat.

Trump's first nominee for Secretary of Labor had to withdraw because he was a domestic abuser and now the one that got confirmed had to resign because he did his best to let the child rape island guy off the hook. Wonder how this escalates with the next one.

35 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Actually reports say folks inside the WH thought his policies were too liberal, and others have complained that he has actually weakened protections for human/sex trafficking victims.  You may, yet again, want to read up on things before you spout off.

Not sure what you're talking about.  Ie...what I didn't "read up on".  A few days ago Trump himself said that Acosta was doing a great job as labor secretary.  Also regarding human trafficking there's this:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-taking-action-end-human-trafficking/

I haven't seen the 2018 numbers.

35 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

And no, we didn't get any good explanation to why Epstein got a sweetheart deal.  Acosta tried to blame the Florida State Prosecutor by saying they thought they were doing to drop the charges, and the Florida State Prosecutor immediately issued a statement saying that was incorrect and that the feds (Acosta's office) had prepared a lengthy sealed indictment, meaning the feds thought they had a really good case.  So he lied to the American people on national TV. 

That's pretty much what I figured.  I do agree that it's fishy and my understanding is that Trump didn't even know Acosta back then.  

31 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Donald Trump and I approve of this message!

Keep up the great work on the economy Mr. President!

People invest in the market because it goes up.  Sometimes it goes down, but in the long run, it goes  up.  

On average the market achieves a new high every single day.  

If you are so unsophisticated as to think this is something for the president to celebrate as some kind of executive achievement, you probably don't have any money in the market.  

Andrews_31 likes this

9 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Did you kill any animals (that deserved it of course) with your bare hands while you took your respite?

The irony in the whole cheetah thing is that I'm an animal lover.  I love cats of all sizes and cheetah cubs are one of the cutest things on planet earth:

57 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Mark that down as another thing you think about cable news coverage that's actually incorrect.

Are you saying they did lose you as a customer? You're getting less clear about the point you're trying to make.