Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,327 posts in this topic

Just now, Jpowers said:

So ignoring the fact that the man who has the nuclear football ten feet away from him at all times misspells **** for the world to see is the way to go?

I mean I get what you are saying at some level but we need to appreciate that he's a moron and he controls all of our fates and he's a moron who puts it on display. Turning a blind eye to it seems kinda dumb.

Listen to what you're saying here. "The man with the nuclear football ten feet away from him at all times misspells **** for the world to see." Imagine saying that irl as passionately as you're arguing in this thread.

cool quote i found:

A North Carolina mill worker was pungent in his praise: "Mr. Roosevelt is the only man we ever had in the White House who would understand that my boss is a son-of-a-*****."

— From “Land of Promise: An Economic History of the United States” by Michael Lind (2012)

Boner and Door Gunner like this

There is a middle ground here.

I get where you are coming from. Focusing on in him being a moron and not the hateful policies he puts in place. Totally works in his favor.

He's a moron and that stuff happens because of what was already there. He's been doing that for years now. He's inadvertently taking advantage of a system that was in place before him.

Me being concerned by a POTUS who is a moron putting it on display for the world to see. I'm not being played. Normal response.

The system is ******. He's not doing it on purpose. He's a moron. The system just feeds into that.

3 minutes ago, Serge said:

Listen to what you're saying here. "The man with the nuclear football ten feet away from him at all times misspells **** for the world to see." Imagine saying that irl as passionately as you're arguing in this thread.

You are saying the man who has been a moron his entire life is now being a moron on purpose.

How about he's just a moron and the system feeds into morons being morons and even empowers them.

Just now, Jpowers said:

You are saying the man who has been a moron his entire life is now being a moron on purpose.

How about he's just a moron and the system feeds into morons being morons and even empowers them.

Morons don't typically get everything they want, especially if their goals are complicated.

Just now, Serge said:

Morons don't typically get everything they want, especially if their goals are complicated.

I mean we are just gonna have to agree to disagree. They do all the time.

4 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I get where you are coming from. Focusing on in him being a moron and not the hateful policies he puts in place. Totally works in his favor.

He's a moron and that stuff happens because of what was already there. He's been doing that for years now. He's inadvertently taking advantage of a system that was in place before him.

Me being concerned by a POTUS who is a moron putting it on display for the world to see. I'm not being played. Normal response.

The system is ******. He's not doing it on purpose. He's a moron. The system just feeds into that.

You know what also works in his favor? Liberals, the left, Democrats, and the media they consume, all agreeing that they're all too smart to ever fall for something that would benefit him. The media especially will tell you every five seconds that you're smarter than Trump, then tell you Trump's doing this or that because he's too stupid to know any better. You wouldn't know if he ever had a strategy because you're never looking for one that isn't obvious.

Why did y'all think so many media figures were so confident Trump was going down before the Mueller report came out? They obviously didn't know that the evidence was there; they were confident because their media friends were confident and because of what Trump did and how he acted during the investigation. And they said the whole time the reason he kept shouting "No Collusion!" at the CNN cameras was essentially impenetrable, because Trump's such an idiot he wouldn't know better than to do that just to do it.

And when he started acting the way he did towards Putin, they said it had to be a criminal conspiracy of some sort, because come on, why else would he act like that with Vladimir Putin of all people? It's blackmail, or a business relationship, or sexual? But it's something, because Trump wouldn't act that way if he wasn't hiding something. He doesn't think like a person, he doesn't have interiority or self-reflection, much less the capacity to deceive, so it's entirely linear, he must be acting that way because he's hiding something compromising in that specific relationship.

Welp, turns out he was actually doing all that because he wanted to frame the results of the investigation as total vindication, despite the potential obstruction, because there was "No Collusion!" with Putin or with Russian spies. He kept shouting that at the cameras, and kept acting like he was personally fond of Vladimir Putin, because he wanted the media to fixate on a potential criminal enterprise between him and Putin, and the public to think of that when they think of the Mueller investigation, so that the failure of that exciting narrative would diminish the public's interest in the investigation as a whole.

You'd think all the smart guys in the media woulda caught up to that and explained it, if not then, then certainly by now, seeing as how they probably need to be able to explain it to beat Trump in 2020, but since they can't allow for Trump to have thought as far ahead as the real end of the investigation, for them Trump's just as impenetrable and unpredictable as ever. I assume Stephen Colbert still laughs to himself thinking about Trump wanting to get it on with Putin. Bill Maher hates himself.

3 hours ago, Serge said:

Notice how, even when I say "I'm not saying he's that smart," because I'm suggesting that he's successfully deceived us, it's implied that he must be a genius.

I absolutely agree with you, it's not him, it's us. This is why it's us. We think it takes a lot more than it does to manipulate us.

You think he’s manipulating folks like me. I think he lucked into  a coalition of the moronic, the greedy, and the mean.  

Th greedy are manipulating the moronic and the mean.    

7 hours ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

You are assuming you know Trump's capacity to comprehend anything.

That's just a fact, that you don't know. He forgets. He does not process information long term. He doesn't evolve his strategy.

He has tactics and he plays them. And whatever happens, happens.

Occum's Razor.

"Occum's Razor"?

Sounds like a vasectomy tool..

5 hours ago, Jpowers said:

He's a moron and that stuff happens because of what was already there. He's been doing that for years now. He's inadvertently taking advantage of a system that was in place before him

Trump didn't build that. Someone else made that happen.

Tell me why Trump is now weighing in on how bad the Bitcoin crypto currency is. Why is this a concern to him?  Just something to beatch about ?

HolyMoses likes this

33 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Tell me why Trump is now weighing in on how bad the Bitcoin crypto currency is. Why is this a concern to him?  Just something to beatch about ?

Probably because Facebook just released their cryptocurrency and he’s made that Facebook deleted the accounts of a bunch of racists and conspiracy theories who happened to support Trump.

Big_Dog likes this

7 hours ago, achilles return said:

a sample size of 13 is absurdly low for these kind of predictions. it's just dumb punditry.

He is just making a tiered ranking. He isn't actually making any predictions of whether or not they will win. 13 may be low, but is also all the presidential elections in the modern era. The rankings also change nearly weekly. Beto was in the 1st tier before the debate and is now in tier 3 below Booker. 

You cannot honestly tell me you think Sanders' campaign is on a winning trajectory. 

8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Probably because Facebook just released their cryptocurrency and he’s made that Facebook deleted the accounts of a bunch of racists and conspiracy theories who happened to support Trump.

You nailed it.

CNBC: U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday said he’s “not a fan” of cryptocurrencies, and suggested that Facebook may need a banking charter if the company wants to launch the digital token Libra. In a series of Twitter posts, Trump said cryptocurrencies are not money and “Unregulated Crypto Assets can facilitate unlawful behavior, including drug trade and other illegal activity. ”“If Facebook and other companies want to become a bank, they must seek a new Banking Charter and become subject to all Banking Regulations,” said the president.

Since I haven't seen a retraction posted about Trump and the alleged forcible kiss of staffer Alva Johnson by our resident Lemmings, I'll have to do it.

One lie after another by the fake/scm/Dems but I repeat myself.

Video of an encounter between President Trump and a former campaign staffer that was the subject of a now-dismissed lawsuit shows people feel emboldened to lodge claims, according to Rudy Giuliani.

Luckily, we have the footage because some people would just believe it," the former New York City mayor said, referring to video released this week of the encounter in question between Trump and Alva Johnson. "I think it's because a lot of the media has created this hysteria about the president."

5 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

You nailed it.

CNBC: U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday said he’s “not a fan” of cryptocurrencies, and suggested that Facebook may need a banking charter if the company wants to launch the digital token Libra. In a series of Twitter posts, Trump said cryptocurrencies are not money and “Unregulated Crypto Assets can facilitate unlawful behavior, including drug trade and other illegal activity. ”“If Facebook and other companies want to become a bank, they must seek a new Banking Charter and become subject to all Banking Regulations,” said the president.

If they paid you per Trump propaganda posts Squirrely Bob, you'd be a rich man.

4 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

You think he’s manipulating folks like me. I think he lucked into  a coalition of the moronic, the greedy, and the mean.  

Th greedy are manipulating the moronic and the mean.    

I think he is manipulating all of you into thinking you are in control as a way of lulling most of you Lemmings to sleep and when you wake up, 2020 has come and gone.

Trump 2020 in a ...

11 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If they paid you per Trump propaganda posts Squirrely Bob, you'd be a rich man.

Trump's inequities indeed would keep me busy on an hourly basis. If I got paid I'd be richer than you. ;)

7 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Trump's inequities indeed would keep me busy on an hourly basis. If I got paid I'd be richer than you. ;)

Okay, let's not get carried away. Besides, you only get paid for the stuff that was truly reported accurately, which would keep you the comfortable stipend living pauper that you are.:D