Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,328 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

So providing care means hospitals should be allowed to rip people off and make healthcare unaffordable to people. 

No, but there is little reason for Health Insurance companies to exist.

They have some capacity to "encourage" healthier people, but care providers can do the same thing. 

10 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

the bigger picture is gerrymandering, the Republicans can draw districts to undercount immigrant families, of which have many children that are US Citizens,

Edit: wait I don't know, I don't quite understand the whole thing here

If most will not answer or not be honest on the question how will they know anything more then they do now?

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

28 minutes ago, Serge said:

Like, you can assume the dude's just dumb as dog**** and laugh at him fretting over CNN's fixation on his Twitter spelling, but if you allow for him having two brain cells to rub together, it seems more like he's ******* with people that think this matters.

What if he really is just a complete moron ..... authentic 

moron. 

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

2 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

moron. 

Trump is the guy that plays the prisoner's dilemma and always flips.

Serge calls him smart for "winning" the game.

The rest of us look at the bigger picture.

HolyMoses likes this

Just now, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

No, but there is little reason for Health Insurance companies to exist.

They have some capacity to "encourage" healthier people, but care providers can do the same thing. 

This has nothing to do with my post. I am discussing Hospitals preventing legislatures from trying to bring down costs and preventing them from ripping people off. 

The American people do not want private insurance abolished. Abolishing private insurance would also mean drastic increases in taxes, longer wait times, etc. You may be okay with that, but a majority are not. Everyone has unique healthcare needs and wants. Some do not mind longer wait times or being on government plans as long as it is affordable. Others are willing to pay more for better wait times, private rooms/beds, access to experimental treatments. Also, a lot of employers have no problem providing insurance to their employees because it is a retention tool.  

Insurance companies made 23.4 billion in profit last year. Our healthcare system costs 3.5 TRILLION dollars.

And Hospitals/doctor groups are opposing M4A more than insurance groups.

Just now, HolyMoses said:

moron. 

The people that need to believe he's too stupid to spell the word "the" are the people who are most confused by Russiagate so far.

42 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Wonder why the left doesn't want that question asked? Maybe because it is going to give them a boost in congressional seats to have 11 million illegals on the census?

do you understand how the census works?

9 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Trump is the guy that plays the prisoner's dilemma and always flips.

Serge calls him smart for "winning" the game.

The rest of us look at the bigger picture.

uh huh

32 minutes ago, Brehus said:

The illegals will just lie about their status the question will not accomplish anything for the Rep. Funny how both sides think criminals will be honest about things or follow laws

the point is that it doesn't actually matter how the question is answered. answering "no" wouldn't discount anyone. that's not how the census works, it doesn't matter if you're a citizen or not. the purpose of the question to scare undocumented immigrants into avoiding the census completely and produce inaccurate results. 

8 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

This has nothing to do with my post. I am discussing Hospitals preventing legislatures from trying to bring down costs and preventing them from ripping people off. 

The American people do not want private insurance abolished. Abolishing private insurance would also mean drastic increases in taxes, longer wait times, etc. You may be okay with that, but a majority are not. Everyone has unique healthcare needs and wants. Some do not mind longer wait times or being on government plans as long as it is affordable. Others are willing to pay more for better wait times, private rooms/beds, access to experimental treatments. Also, a lot of employers have no problem providing insurance to their employees because it is a retention tool.  

Insurance companies made 23.4 billion in profit last year. Our healthcare system costs 3.5 TRILLION dollars.

And Hospitals/doctor groups are opposing M4A more than insurance groups.

Your original post:

Only way to have an affordable universal healthcare system

implied an exclusive solution to the problem of healthcare.
It implied priority, and implied importance.

There is no way that dismantling the Health Insurance industry is not a PART of the solution.

A HUGE part.

Your original post:

implied an exclusive solution to the problem of healthcare.
It implied priority, and implied importance.

There is no way that dismantling the Health Insurance industry is not a PART of the solution.

A HUGE part.

How does Australia have affordable universal healthcare when they have FOR PROFIT private insurance? 

The health insurance industry made 23.4 billion in profit with a 3% profit margin.  Health insurance isn't why our healthcare system is expensive. Hospital systems and Physician Services, which account for over 50% of healthcare spending is. 

You have also provided ZERO evidence to your claim. 

31 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

moron. 

Everybody KNOWS you are.

24 minutes ago, Serge said:

The people that need to believe he's too stupid to spell the word "the" are the people who are most confused by Russiagate so far.

12 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

How does Australia have affordable universal healthcare when they have FOR PROFIT private insurance? 

The health insurance industry made 23.4 billion in profit with a 3% profit margin.  Health insurance isn't why our healthcare system is expensive. Hospital systems and Physician Services, which account for over 50% of healthcare spending is. 

You have also provided ZERO evidence to your claim. 

Profit is not the only reason why costs are high. Revenue can be a WASTE regardless of Profit.

46 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The American right is so profoundly... uh, special.

That frakin’ Yid ******* joining in the “Gorka” chant?   He’s got his head so far up Trump’s *** his yamaka should be brown by now.*

He’s Jewish.  Chanting for a Nazi.   

* no one else can use the expression “yid *******” or make yarmulke jokes. 

Profit is not the only reason why costs are high. Revenue can be a WASTE regardless of Profit.

Please cite the revenue numbers then. Show me how much money we would save by eliminating private insurance. You claimed it had to be a huge part.

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

Please cite the revenue numbers then. Show me how much money we would save by eliminating private insurance. You claimed it had to be a huge part.

Look I agree that healthcare providers are PART of the problem. But they are not the EXCLUSIVE problem.

Healthcare providers negotiate WITH Health Insurance companies.

It's not a one way road.
It's a two way road.

I will not look up more evidence because I'm not trying to change your mind. I am only pointing out that you are being biased in favor of the insurance companies.

24 minutes ago, achilles return said:

Reminds me of those things that teachers post when their 2nd graders write something funny for their homework.