Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

42,496 posts in this topic

lol.  Imagine being so petty you want to block a guy who would wipe the floor with a pedophile and then handily beat Jones, and who would vote for everything you asked him to once back in the senate

Carter, Andrews_31 and HolyMoses like this

3 minutes ago, Serge said:

Because I keep seeing people in politics and on the internet talking about impeaching him. The Democrats and the left want to take him down, and lots of people have talked themselves into the Democrats impeaching him at some point. Some people are going to talk themselves into this hearing being the moment that Trump's defenses started to truly crumble, and I'm worried some Democrats in Congress are going to start telling those people what they want to hear.

You were talking about impeaching Trump for Russian collusion, not any cause for impeachment.

1 minute ago, eatcorn said:

You were talking about impeaching Trump for Russian collusion, not any cause for impeachment.

42 minutes ago, Serge said:

I'm worried the Democrats are going to leave thinking their case for impeachment is airtight, so it'll be devastating when the Senate Republicans vote it down, which'll ultimately impact Trump in a way that will justify using that impeachment, whereas most of the general public will only see snippets of the hearing, probably the most exciting parts, and that's probably going to include Mueller reiterating that Trump himself wasn't connected in a way that he could indict him for anything to do with Russian spies. The Democrats, the liberals, the left, and certainly the liberal media might all think they're creating the spark they need to go forward with impeachment, and they might all be wrong for thinking it was even going to be bigger than a regular-*** news cycle for most Americans.

They might not hear enough to have a firm opinion, or they might hear enough, and decide they'd rather impeach Trump for something that'd make a bigger impact. At least some of the Democrats are counting on people hearing enough, and deciding after not having decided beforehand that, in this matter, Trump acted so inappropriately that it justifies being the the thing the Democrats impeach Trump for. And at least some of those Democrats will probably decide after the hearing that enough was confirmed to go forward with impeachment. It's possible they'll come out of there and get so high on their own farts that they pressure the party to impeach Trump for the one thing no one outside their party even wants to impeach Trump for, especially after that hearing. That'd actually ******* help Trump's public image for having such pig-headed antagonists. That'd be the long-term legacy of Russiagate; it served Trump's interests more than the Democrats could ever admit.

:shrug:

Just now, Serge said:

:shrug:

So, regardless of what Trump does, or what Democrats find he has done, they should not seek impeachment because the Senate would reject it?

Again, no one on this Earth thinks that the Senate would ever impeach Trump for anything. 

Big_Dog and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

Just now, SpongeDad said:

I dont get twitter.

It's the only place online to get content like this

Plus I can keep up with the entire world basically in real time. 

AF89 and Serge like this

Twitter's great. I follow a lot of my favorite artists, musicians, record labels, authors and news outlets. It's a great way to filter the firehose of information we're hit with 24 hours a day.

It's very much a 'you get what you follow' situation.

Just now, eatcorn said:

So, regardless of what Trump does, or what Democrats find he has done, they should not seek impeachment because the Senate would reject it?

Again, no one on this Earth thinks that the Senate would ever impeach Trump for anything. 

IMO, they shouldn't seek impeachment for a specific thing if it's an investigation most people aren't invested in and don't like hearing about that doesn't prove Trump did what he was being investigated for. And I'm worried the Democrats will think after the Mueller hearing that they will have proven to the general public that this is the thing they should pursue to the point of seeking Trump's impeachment for the obstruction they uncover talking to Mueller about his report.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

Looks like he backed down.

Washington (CNN): President Donald Trump is expected to issue an executive action Thursday directing the Commerce Department to obtain citizenship data through means other than the US census, according to two people with knowledge of the plan.

These people said Trump is expected to table his effort to add a question about citizenship status to the 2020 census, setting aside his demands last week to continue pursuing the issue despite a Supreme Court order blocking it. 
Trump tweeted Thursday morning he would be holding a press conference in the Rose Garden in the afternoon about "the census and citizenship." Attorney General William Barr will participate in the event, according to Justice Department spokesperson Kelly Laco. The Justice Department declined further comment on the details of the planned announcement. 

^^^As long as it doesn’t lead to undercounting of people, I’m okay with it.

22 minutes ago, Serge said:

You think Mueller's going to tell the Democrats that his investigation was obstructed to the point that he couldn't proceed after everything he's said so far? Bold strategy, Cotton.

You are a DEVIL in Sheep's clothing

Serge likes this

8 minutes ago, Serge said:

IMO, they shouldn't seek impeachment for a specific thing if it's an investigation most people aren't invested in and don't like hearing about that doesn't prove Trump did what he was being investigated for. And I'm worried the Democrats will think after the Mueller hearing that they will have proven to the general public that this is the thing they should pursue to the point of seeking Trump's impeachment for the obstruction they uncover talking to Mueller about his report.

Fair enough. 

Serge likes this

16 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

It's the only place online to get content like this

Plus I can keep up with the entire world basically in real time. 

"A Beautiful Bunch; A Ripe Banana"

On 7/4/2019 at 9:11 PM, mdrake34 said:

were you loved as a child 

5 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

You are a DEVIL in Sheep's clothing

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

And you are the DEVIL's accountant

14 minutes ago, Serge said:

IMO, they shouldn't seek impeachment for a specific thing

The first Words of Wisdom you've said this month

7 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

As like with Trump getting elected, the only positive outcome from this QAnon crap is that it has exposed who the a**holes and crazies are in today's America.

14 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

lmao

Hey . . . All I'm going to say about this is that it doesn't help the Freshmen to drop the bigot bomb on Pelosi.  That was just dumb.

Beto, Booker, and Klobuchar now have 2% in 3 polls. Only 1 more needed to hit the polling threshold.

Yang's first qualifying 2% poll. Him and Castro need 3 more to hit the polling threshold. Both have hit the donor threshold. 

21 minutes ago, Statick said:

As like with Trump getting elected, the only positive outcome from this QAnon crap is that it has exposed who the a**holes and crazies are in today's America.

Yeah but I'm still not sure if it's a net benefit, could be

3 hours ago, Red&Black said:

That's how I define Rapinoe's antics, her attention seeking sense of inadequacy.  And she's at the top of her game.  Sad.

just wait until you hear who's president

AF89 likes this

5 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Beto, Booker, and Klobuchar now have 2% in 3 polls. Only 1 more needed to hit the polling threshold.

Yang's first qualifying 2% poll. Him and Castro need 3 more to hit the polling threshold. Both have hit the donor threshold. 

Uh

I thought Pocahauntus already dropped out

28 minutes ago, Statick said:

Because the media uncovering SECRET facebook and PRIVATE chat groups, that no one's ever heard of, really shows who are the crazy ones. (which is true since the Vice article specifically says those groups target mentally ill people.)

Yet we have celebrities, journalists, professors, and politicians OPENLY praising, defending, and supporting ANTI-FA for years...