Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

43,157 posts in this topic

Just now, mdrake34 said:

Twitter is currently not working, so get in your UFO talk while the gettin's good.

Millennial meltdown incoming.......along with blaming Trump close behind.

10 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

The double slit experiment gives strong suggestions that consciousness creates reality....

We've got unidentified aerial phenomenon in our air space....

But you know.....24/7 Trump:argh:             :rolleyes:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2787332f3339596b

2 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Trust me ... I'm not mad at anyone over a game of soccer.  I have no idea what kind of revenue they bring in.  If they're making the league millions of dollas then they should be paid accordingly.     

That is what they're pointing out and asking for.

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

I don't blame her. Powdered doughnuts have a weird texture.

She actually loves them, I just snapped at the right second as she was turning her head and it looked like she was making that face. 

An elderly former client of mine loved glazed donuts, but he lived in a small town that only sold the powdered donuts like that (he called them cake donuts) so I always took him a dozen fresh glazed donuts when I went to meet with him.  He lit up like a christmas tree every time. 

SpongeDad likes this

11 minutes ago, Serge said:

I imagine they'll ask where the criminal conspiracy with Russia is if the Democrats don't ask. I'm not worried about Mueller. I'm worried the Democrats are going to leave with a different impression of what took place than most of the viewers.

I'm worried the Democrats are going to leave thinking their case for impeachment is airtight, so it'll be devastating when the Senate Republicans vote it down, which'll ultimately impact Trump in a way that will justify using that impeachment, whereas most of the general public will only see snippets of the hearing, probably the most exciting parts, and that's probably going to include Mueller reiterating that Trump himself wasn't connected in a way that he could indict him for anything to do with Russian spies. The Democrats, the liberals, the left, and certainly the liberal media might all think they're creating the spark they need to go forward with impeachment, and they might all be wrong for thinking it was even going to be bigger than a regular-*** news cycle for most Americans.

They might not hear enough to have a firm opinion, or they might hear enough, and decide they'd rather impeach Trump for something that'd make a bigger impact. At least some of the Democrats are counting on people hearing enough, and deciding after not having decided beforehand that, in this matter, Trump acted so inappropriately that it justifies being the the thing the Democrats impeach Trump for. And at least some of those Democrats will probably decide after the hearing that enough was confirmed to go forward with impeachment. It's possible they'll come out of there and get so high on their own farts that they pressure the party to impeach Trump for the one thing no one outside their party even wants to impeach Trump for, especially after that hearing. That'd actually ******* help Trump's public image for having such pig-headed antagonists. That'd be the long-term legacy of Russiagate; it served Trump's interests more than the Democrats could ever admit.

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Using his model of “supply and demand”, along with the conservative “winning is everything and the only thing”, the men should be making 25 percent. 

Unfortunately, the market force at work here might be opportunity cost.  If the women chose not to play for the USWNT, what could they make playing soccer elsewhere?  The men are taking time away from their league play that pays them considerably more than women can make.

Now, that assumes that anyone is playing for the National Team for the money.  It seems like for the Olympics and World Cup, there should be more at stake  

So if the money is an inducement to play for the National Team, I understand the economic argument for the discrepancy,  But if the money is based on the value of the product itself, or a reward for an effort that would made without economic incentives anyway, then the USWNT should be paid more.

BTW, that Conservatives are ****ting on Megan or anyone else on the USWNT should be a MASSIVE tell about the perpetual con that is right wing media.  Anyone against us sucks.  Even if they are the greatest soccer team in the history of the world.

10 minutes ago, Serge said:

I'm worried the Democrats are going to leave thinking their case for impeachment is airtight, so it'll be devastating when the Senate Republicans vote it down,

No one on the face of the Earth expects the Senate to impeach Trump under any circumstances whatsoever. 

30 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Millennial meltdown incoming.......along with blaming Trump close behind.

Still down

will-ferrel-snl.gif

2 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

Horsefeathers !   There is nothing there, except what they will try to infer. The most interesting thing will be when Jim Jordan and a couple others ask him when he knew there was no "There" there, and why did he keep the "Investigation" going for 2 1/2 years?  Also why did he hire 19 Hillary donors to "Investigate Trump, and ignore Hillary ?  Fun times ahead.

Were you born in the '30s? :D

horsefeathers2.jpg

Serge likes this

3 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

No one on the face of the Earth expects the Senate to impeach Trump under any circumstances whatsoever. 

One of the presidential candidates, I forget which one, said Republicans would come around once things got going. So there are absolutely people who are that delusional.

Ezekiel 25:17 and mdrake34 like this

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

One of the presidential candidates, I forget which one, said Republicans would come around once things got going. So there are absolutely people who are that delusional.

I imagine Beto O'Rourke saying, "If elected President, on my first day of office I will sign an executive order to impeach President Donald Trump.  Nobody is above the law!"

JDaveG likes this

1 minute ago, eatcorn said:

So what's the good of Democrats trying to impeach him for obstruction charges related to a huge investigation into Russian collusion that didn't turn up any indictments on Trump? Why would Democrats want people to think about Russiagate when they think about Trump's corruption? That makes Trump seem much less dangerous than he really is.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Biden. He foolishly said that Republicans would be more amenable to working across the aisle after Trump had moved on.

He did NOT say that the Senate would ever vote to impeach.

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I imagine Beto O'Rourke saying, "If elected President, on my first day of office I will sign an executive to impeach President Donald Trump.  Nobody is above the law!"

You forgot to add that he'd be standing on a countertop while saying that.

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

wtf?

I'm starting to think we're getting trolled by a crazed, conservative old grandmaw.

Just now, Serge said:

So what's the good of Democrats trying to impeach him for obstruction charges related to a huge investigation into Russian collusion that didn't turn up any indictments on Trump? Why would Democrats want people to think about Russiagate when they think about Trump's corruption? That makes Trump seem much less dangerous than he really is.

I don't think they would. Why do you think they would?

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I imagine Beto O'Rourke saying, "If elected President, on my first day of office I will sign an executive order to impeach President Donald Trump.  Nobody is above the law!"

I mean, Biden said the first thing he'd do after being sworn in is defeat Trump.

9 minutes ago, Serge said:

LMAO WHEN OBSTRUCTION WORKS YOU DON'T PROVE THE UNDERLYING CRIME!! LOL!!!!!!

Just now, eatcorn said:

I don't think they would. Why do you think they would?

Because I keep seeing people in politics and on the internet talking about impeaching him. The Democrats and the left want to take him down, and lots of people have talked themselves into the Democrats impeaching him at some point. Some people are going to talk themselves into this hearing being the moment that Trump's defenses started to truly crumble, and I'm worried some Democrats in Congress are going to start telling those people what they want to hear.

1 minute ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

LMAO WHEN OBSTRUCTION WORKS YOU DON'T PROVE THE UNDERLYING CRIME!! LOL!!!!!!

Just now, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

LMAO THIS IS WHY OBSTRUCTION IS ILLEGAL LOL! OMFG

You think Mueller's going to tell the Democrats that his investigation was obstructed to the point that he couldn't proceed after everything he's said so far? Bold strategy, Cotton.

mdrake34 likes this