Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

30,724 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

That's really f'ing dumb. 

It has nothing to who can beat who on the field. If the women's team brings in a similar amount of money as the men's team, then they should be compensated similarly. Simple as that. 

"ThEy nEeD tO bEaT tHe MeNs TeAm" is submoronic MAGA drivel.

McCann (Sports Illustrated) said: “The players’ unions negotiated these systems. This type of argument thus implicitly directs USWNT players to blame their own union for negotiating a system that pays them in ways they find unacceptable.”

Also...

"Before we dive in, it’s important to understand how World Cup prize money works. FIFA sets the amount and awards any prize money to the winning country’s federation. The federation — in this case USSF — then distributes it to the players based on each team’s collective-bargaining agreement.

Total prize money for the Women’s World Cup in 2019 is $30 million — the champions will walk away with about $4 million. For contrast, in the 2018 Men’s World Cup, the champions won $38 million from a total pool of about $400 million. In other words, the champions from the men’s world cup were awarded more than the total prize money in the women’s tournament. So there’s no question that there’s a huge gap in earning potential here."

In essence, you can't tell FIFA what to do with their money, because that's communist.

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

And speaking of misogyny...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/10/politics/robert-foster-reporter-mississippi/index.html

^^^MS candidate for Governor refuses to let reporters have interviews (alone with the candidate) unless they are accompanied by a male chaperone.  

Yes the Mike Pence rule.  Actually the Billy Graham rule.  Smart, because it prevents fake sexual harassment claims.

1 minute ago, Red&Black said:

Yes the Mike Pence rule.  Actually the Billy Graham rule.  Smart, because it prevents fake sexual harassment claims.

Women should refuse to talk with male reporters unless there is a female present in case the guy tries to rape her. :rolleyes: 

mdrake34 and Door Gunner like this

19 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

@WhenFalconsWin You two need to hold your horses till it's over.

Considering how poorly most Americans understand the contents of the report, as opposed to what they’ve been told is in the report, just having the chance to get Mueller to emphasize the parts of the report he finds most important could be genuinely compelling.

NYT:  The Judiciary Committee under Jerry Nadler can be expected to deal with the legal aspects of the report, with a stronger focus on the obstruction, Trump’s actions regarding the investigation, and how Barr handled the release of the special counsel’s work. The Intelligence Committee, chaired by Adam Schiff, is more likely to focus on the counterintelligence aspects of the report, including how Russia was able to conduct a multipronged attack on an American election.

Despite his claims to be unwilling to say anything not already found in the pages of the report, Mueller already demonstrated in a brief farewell appearance at the DOJ that there are enough bombshells in the report—a report that’s been read by just 3% of the public—that his testimony can make an abrupt impact on the subject of impeachment. Mueller might also have to respond to another line of questioning that he’s not expecting—namely, “How did you not find a criminal conspiracy when the evidence is so obvious?”

Oh yeah, the Democrats definitely need to ask him how he didn't find a criminal conspiracy since it was so obvious there was one. Try to antagonize him some doing it, too, so it's like Mueller has to explain why he didn't find what the Democrats said he'd find. Trump's going down for sure this time!

26 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

@WhenFalconsWin You two need to hold your horses till it's over.

Considering how poorly most Americans understand the contents of the report, as opposed to what they’ve been told is in the report, just having the chance to get Mueller to emphasize the parts of the report he finds most important could be genuinely compelling.

NYT:  The Judiciary Committee under Jerry Nadler can be expected to deal with the legal aspects of the report, with a stronger focus on the obstruction, Trump’s actions regarding the investigation, and how Barr handled the release of the special counsel’s work. The Intelligence Committee, chaired by Adam Schiff, is more likely to focus on the counterintelligence aspects of the report, including how Russia was able to conduct a multipronged attack on an American election.

Despite his claims to be unwilling to say anything not already found in the pages of the report, Mueller already demonstrated in a brief farewell appearance at the DOJ that there are enough bombshells in the report—a report that’s been read by just 3% of the public—that his testimony can make an abrupt impact on the subject of impeachment. Mueller might also have to respond to another line of questioning that he’s not expecting—namely, “How did you not find a criminal conspiracy when the evidence is so obvious?”

Was it over when the Germ...

33 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

That's how I define Rapinoe's antics, her attention seeking sense of inadequacy.  And she's at the top of her game.  Sad.

Antics, like insulting celebrities through twitter at 2:00 am and having constant pep rallies despite years of accusing Obama of campaigning too much while in office.  Those kinds of antics?*

*I know you're not going to respond in good faith, but I'm asking anyways.

8 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

McCann (Sports Illustrated) said: “The players’ unions negotiated these systems. This type of argument thus implicitly directs USWNT players to blame their own union for negotiating a system that pays them in ways they find unacceptable.”

Also...

"Before we dive in, it’s important to understand how World Cup prize money works. FIFA sets the amount and awards any prize money to the winning country’s federation. The federation — in this case USSF — then distributes it to the players based on each team’s collective-bargaining agreement.

Total prize money for the Women’s World Cup in 2019 is $30 million — the champions will walk away with about $4 million. For contrast, in the 2018 Men’s World Cup, the champions won $38 million from a total pool of about $400 million. In other words, the champions from the men’s world cup were awarded more than the total prize money in the women’s tournament. So there’s no question that there’s a huge gap in earning potential here."

In essence, you can't tell FIFA what to do with their money, because that's communist.

So you would be in favor with the women negotiating through their union a higher rate of pay commensurate with the amount of revenue they bring in compared to the men, right? 

I think that's exactly what Rapinoe and her teammates want. 

10 minutes ago, Serge said:

Oh yeah, the Democrats definitely need to ask him how he didn't find a criminal conspiracy since it was so obvious there was one. Try to antagonize him some doing it, too, so it's like Mueller has to explain why he didn't find what the Democrats said he'd find. Trump's going down for sure this time!

They seem to have legit questions before it's put to rest. Either way, it's their job.

39 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

That's how I define Rapinoe's antics, her attention seeking sense of inadequacy.  And she's at the top of her game.  Sad.

I think the inadequacy she's seeking to bring attention to is the pay the women's team receives.

6 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Antics, like insulting celebrities through twitter at 2:00 am and having constant pep rallies despite years of accusing Obama of campaigning too much while in office.  Those kinds of antics?*

*I know you're not going to respond in good faith, but I'm asking anyways.

...And speaking of those constant pep rallies, they cost money and Trump is bankrupting some of the cities he holds them in and not reimbursing them. Orlando was one, Washington, DC is the latest...

Trump's costly July Fourth event bankrupted Washington's security, anti-terror fund

President Donald Trump's military-style July Fourth parade drained a special Washington, D.C., city fund designed to help pay for extra security and anti-terrorism measures during large events in the nation's capital, the mayor said in a letter to the White House.

Expenses related to security at Trump's parade exhausted the fund — known as the Emergency Planning and Security (ESPF) fund — and are expected to soon put it $6 million in the red, D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser explained in the letter written to Trump on Tuesday.

Bowser said the amount used from the fund for "your additional July 4th holiday activities and subsequent First Amendment demonstrations" totaled $1.7 million and that the amount would deplete the account. She asked Trump to help have the city reimbursed.

Leon Troutsky and mdrake34 like this

Just now, Big_Dog said:

They seem to have legit questions before it's put to rest. Either way, it's their job.

And if the Democrats play it wrong it could be a disaster. If they don't get the answers they're looking for and get antagonistic, they might end up pushing for impeachment right when the general public's completely done with hearing about Russiagate.

4 minutes ago, Serge said:

And if the Democrats play it wrong it could be a disaster. If they don't get the answers they're looking for and get antagonistic, they might end up pushing for impeachment right when the general public's completely done with hearing about Russiagate.

I hope they aren't that dumb. If they find nothing they need to stop. We're all tired of this c.ra.p

Just now, Big_Dog said:

I hope they aren't that dumb. If they find nothing they need to stop. We're all tired of this c.ra.p

You're an inspiration to us all

AF89 likes this

9 minutes ago, Serge said:

The goal needs to be educating the public by highlighting the wrongdoing in the Mueller report.  Part of that needs to include a question about his legal reasoning for not saying Trump obstructed justice and fleshing that out more fully.  Part of that needs to be highlighting specific instances of wrongdoing...very clear ones like ordering that Mueller be fired and ordering that the investigation scope be limited to exclude Trump and his campaign.

But it needs to highlight and bring attention to things the public hasn't read.  I'm afraid it's going to be like almost every other hearing...a bunch of BS drama and grandstanding by both sides.

That's why I said earlier that I think the most interesting part of the hearing will be GOP questions.  Mueller's not going to get flustered and he's got more credibility than they do.  So if they try some kind of takedown, that'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Serge and Big_Dog like this

33 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I think the inadequacy she's seeking to bring attention to is the pay the women's team receives.

Is this the same womans soccer team that lost 8-2  to a 17 under boys soccer team?

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The goal needs to be educating the public by highlighting the wrongdoing in the Mueller report.  Part of that needs to include a question about his legal reasoning for not saying Trump obstructed justice and fleshing that out more fully.  Part of that needs to be highlighting specific instances of wrongdoing...very clear ones like ordering that Mueller be fired and ordering that the investigation scope be limited to exclude Trump and his campaign.

But it needs to highlight and bring attention to things the public hasn't read.  I'm afraid it's going to be like almost every other hearing...a bunch of BS drama and grandstanding by both sides.

That's why I said earlier that I think the most interesting part of the hearing will be GOP questions.  Mueller's not going to get flustered and he's got more credibility than they do.  So if they try some kind of takedown, that'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I imagine they'll ask where the criminal conspiracy with Russia is if the Democrats don't ask. I'm not worried about Mueller. I'm worried the Democrats are going to leave with a different impression of what took place than most of the viewers.

1 minute ago, The Great American said:

Is this the same womans soccer team that lost 8-2  to a 17 under boys soccer team?

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

They bring in more revenue and are more successful. You'd think a conservative like yourself would want their pay to reflect that. Instead you're just mad because they're girls wanting equality and got Trump's panties in a wad.

Sad.

AF89, lostone, mdrake34 and 1 other like this

37 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

On today's very special episode, blockhead learns why so many black people in the Western hemisphere have white ancestors.

Probably explains @Andrews_31's love for white women.

Andrews_31 likes this

6 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

The double slit experiment gives strong suggestions that consciousness creates reality....

We've got unidentified aerial phenomenon in our air space....

But you know.....24/7 Trump:argh:             :rolleyes:

Twitter is currently not working, so get in your UFO talk while the gettin's good.

6 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Trust me ... I'm not mad at anyone over a game of soccer.  I have no idea what kind of revenue they bring in.  If they're making the league millions of dollas then they should be paid accordingly.