Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

43,055 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The only way that happens is if the men's teams want to share revenue. The woman's teams do not draw or garner the revenue.

We cannot make that happen, it is a simple case of supply and demand.

Who is willing to take the loss of money to distribute the money equally among men and women players?

Now if the women's team can draw crowds and revenue equally along the lines of men's teams then by all means give them equal pay.

They draw better ratings than the men's team in the United States yet are paid 25% of what the members of the men's team are paid. What makes it worse is that they actually, y'know, win.

Reading through Ilhan’s tweet comments is pretty sad.  People really just want to hate Muslim Americans

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

They draw better ratings than the men's team in the United States yet are paid 25% of what the members of the men's team are paid. What makes it worse is that they actually, y'know, win.

I saw a figure where the men get something like $5,000 more for a loss in the World Cup than the women get for a win.  

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

6 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

Sports talk last week painted a grim picture saying WNBA can't operate without subsidies from NBA, women's soccer screwed up the TV contracts so no one can watch the women's league unless streaming online or on an obscure sub-channel.  Then they compared the women's league to MLS.  I think we're all in agreement that the women's national team shames the men's.  I've been trolling the men's team ever since they lost to Iran, and they still haven't redeemed themselves in the national consciousness.  So from a $ perspective, international play is the cornerstone to making money out of US women's national team.

Women’s basketball and soccer are two different things.  No one watches the WNBA much.  People love our women’s soccer team and watch them more than the men though.  Nice try though

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/10/us-viewership-of-the-womens-world-cup-final-was-higher-than-the-mens.html

HolyMoses likes this

For a world cup, yeah.  But the inequality in men and women's sports in general for the reasons I pointed out earlier.

You would not expect a female athlete in the WNBA to make the same money as an NBA players makes, unless, like I said earlier, they are willing to share the revenue across team lines.

29 minutes ago, lostone said:

Serena is in the finals of Wimbledon fam!

gooooo Serena!!!

Considering that her opponent is guilty of crime against humanity... I guess: Go Serena!

1 minute ago, lostone said:

Women’s basketball and soccer are two different things.  No one watches the WNBA much.  People love our women’s soccer team and watch them more than the men though.  Nice try though

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/10/us-viewership-of-the-womens-world-cup-final-was-higher-than-the-mens.html

You can't compare the international talent in the National Women's Soccer League to those in MLS.  No one watches women's regular season.  It's a flash in the pan every 4 years.

8 minutes ago, lostone said:

Then the women shouldn't get equal pay, they should get more than the men.

AF89, Ezekiel 25:17 and lostone like this

17 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Using his model of “supply and demand”, along with the conservative “winning is everything and the only thing”, the men should be making 25 percent. 

If the women are that much better than the men, and if they deserve equal pay, then they should beat some foreign men's national teams.

Just now, Red&Black said:

If the women are that much better than the men, and if they deserve equal pay, then they should beat some foreign men's national teams.

So it's not about supply and demand. It's about a sense of inadequacy.

AF89 likes this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

That's how I define Rapinoe's antics, her attention seeking sense of inadequacy.  And she's at the top of her game.  Sad.

It also assumes that men deserve higher pay only because they are men.  It’s deeply misogynistic.  

Door Gunner likes this

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I always wondered why so many MAGA chuds go with the sunglasses selfie while sitting in traffic. 

I assume it's because they think sunglasses make you look badass and being in traffic implies you're busy. Mostly it's just insecurity.

Gritzblitz 2.0 and mdrake34 like this

2 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

That's how I define Rapinoe's antics, her attention seeking sense of inadequacy.  And she's at the top of her game.  Sad.

They bring in more revenue and are more successful. You'd think a conservative like yourself would want their pay to reflect that. Instead you're just mad because they're girls wanting equality and got Trump's panties in a wad.

Sad.

mdrake34, AF89, falconsd56 and 4 others like this

1 minute ago, Red&Black said:

That's really f'ing dumb. 

It has nothing to who can beat who on the field. If the women's team brings in a similar amount of money as the men's team, then they should be compensated similarly. Simple as that. 

"ThEy nEeD tO bEaT tHe MeNs TeAm" is submoronic MAGA drivel.

22 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

That's pure nonsense, and you know it.  What part of NO COLLUSION , and NO OBSTRUCTION is too difficult for you to under stand ?  Now the shoe is on the other foot.  The Dem rats are doing what rats do........ratting each other out.  Hillary, the DNC, Comey, the FBI, CIA and various underlings are about to testify to A.G, Barr, and I.G. Horowitz .  This could get really nasty as the guilt climbs up the ladder, all the way to the top..................TICK......................

@WhenFalconsWin You two need to hold your horses till it's over.

Considering how poorly most Americans understand the contents of the report, as opposed to what they’ve been told is in the report, just having the chance to get Mueller to emphasize the parts of the report he finds most important could be genuinely compelling.

NYT:  The Judiciary Committee under Jerry Nadler can be expected to deal with the legal aspects of the report, with a stronger focus on the obstruction, Trump’s actions regarding the investigation, and how Barr handled the release of the special counsel’s work. The Intelligence Committee, chaired by Adam Schiff, is more likely to focus on the counterintelligence aspects of the report, including how Russia was able to conduct a multipronged attack on an American election.

Despite his claims to be unwilling to say anything not already found in the pages of the report, Mueller already demonstrated in a brief farewell appearance at the DOJ that there are enough bombshells in the report—a report that’s been read by just 3% of the public—that his testimony can make an abrupt impact on the subject of impeachment. Mueller might also have to respond to another line of questioning that he’s not expecting—namely, “How did you not find a criminal conspiracy when the evidence is so obvious?”

35 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Why do they record themselves in their cars so much?  Beyond sound proofing I guess.

14 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

The barrage of ignorant right wing trolls is pretty intense of late. 

My longstanding theory is that whenever one gets banned or disappears here, two more replace him/her.  Kind of like conservative herpes.