Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

49,380 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

We are caging the asylum seekers.

EVERY single individual claiming to be an asylum seeker and being held in a cage is innocent.  

You know this.  I can prove it if you want.  But I"m sure I don't have to.

Detainment center, refugee camp, what's the difference?  A place of safety is what they wanted and expected.  They aren't going to be subjected to aerial bombing like in Syria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

That's the right wing radio talking point of the day: Rapinoe is making a spectacle of herself because she's angling for a sweet Nike endorsement.  Grifter!

Edited by Red&Black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be very interested in the demographic makeup of the ICE raids.  Immigrants from Central/South America are about half of undocumented immigrants.  If there’s a heavy skew towards that demographic in the ICE raids, it could raise some serious legal issues.

Edit:  Sorry, I misread the breakdown.  About 75-80% of undocumented immigrants are from Central/South America.  I’ll still be interested in the demographic breakdown of the ICE raids.

HolyMoses likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

Of course that's the standard lefty talking point.  NO Obstruction..............NO collusion ...............NADA 

Wait for Mueller's appearance on the 17th before you spike the ball. It's already known the investigation did not clear him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Wait for Mueller's appearance on the 17th before you spike the ball. It's already known the investigation did not clear him.

Cuckoo for Coco puffs...one last ditch effort from Squirrely Bob to wait for the "next thing" to get Trump...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I'm glad women's soccer is the latest thing getting under this little piss ant's skin. 

 

These are the same people who love to tell athletes to "stick to sports" or "stay in your lane", but they have no problem expressing their uninformed opinion on sports matters that they know very little about.

Statick, lostone, Serge and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

That's the right wing radio talking point of the day: Rapinoe is making a spectacle of herself because she's angling for a sweet Nike endorsement.  Grifter!

Or maybe she gets an endorsement because she was the leading goal scorer in the world cup and is playing for the only national soccer team in this country that wins anything. 

I have never seen delicate little flowers so threatened by a successful woman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Or maybe it's because she was the leading goal scorer in the world cup and is playing for the only national soccer team in this country that wins anything. 

I have never seen delicate little flowers so threatened by a successful woman.

Says a lot that they don't know the difference between a con and someone getting paid based on their labor.

mdrake34 and Gritzblitz 2.0 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

These are the same people who love to tell athletes to "stick to sports" or "stay in your lane", but they have no problem expressing their uninformed opinion on sports matters that they know very little about.

Bro...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lostone said:

Serena is in the finals of Wimbledon fam!

gooooo Serena!!!

You'd think she'd show some obvious signs of slowing down by now but nope. Still as dominant as ever.

lostone likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Says a lot that they don't know the difference between a con and someone getting paid based on their labor.

Was that a really lame call for "equal pay"?  Because I really would like to see the women's and men's national teams go at it.  Shapiro before the final brought up the Australian women's national team losing to a boys high school team.  I'm sure Rapinoe isn't scared, and she has the clout to make it happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Red&Black said:

Was that a really lame call for "equal pay"?  Because I really would like to see the women's and men's national teams go at it.  Shapiro before the final brought up the Australian women's national team losing to a boys high school team.  I'm sure Rapinoe isn't scared, and she has the clout to make it happen.

Mm, no, that was pointing out that people who believe athletes getting endorsement contracts are grifters are not very bright.

Equal pay would be good as well though as long as you're bringing it up.

AF89 and Gritzblitz 2.0 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

Was that a really lame call for "equal pay"?  Because I really would like to see the women's and men's national teams go at it.  Shapiro before the final brought up the Australian women's national team losing to a boys high school team.  I'm sure Rapinoe isn't scared, and she has the clout to make it happen.

Equal pay is about value. What do they bring in revenue? Because if it's similar to what the men's national team is bringing in, they should be paid the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Red&Black said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/megan-rapinoe-posters-vandalized-hateful-messages-nyc

She had her chance to elevate the conversation after creating a moment of national unity, but she blew it.

I'm not following. Someone vandalized her posters and she's the one who blew it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Red&Black said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/megan-rapinoe-posters-vandalized-hateful-messages-nyc

She had her chance to elevate the conversation after creating a moment of national unity, but she blew it.

7 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

Was that a really lame call for "equal pay"?  Because I really would like to see the women's and men's national teams go at it.  Shapiro before the final brought up the Australian women's national team losing to a boys high school team.  I'm sure Rapinoe isn't scared, and she has the clout to make it happen.

For some reason I get the feeling you wouldn't have paid attention to what they're calling for anyway.

At any rate, always funny to watch the same people who say the libs are snowflakes throw a massive tantrum because someone said she wasn't going to the White House.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Equal pay is about value. What do they bring in revenue? Because if it's similar to what the men's national team is bringing in, they should be paid the same.

Sports talk last week painted a grim picture saying WNBA can't operate without subsidies from NBA, women's soccer screwed up the TV contracts so no one can watch the women's league unless streaming online or on an obscure sub-channel.  Then they compared the women's league to MLS.  I think we're all in agreement that the women's national team shames the men's.  I've been trolling the men's team ever since they lost to Iran, and they still haven't redeemed themselves in the national consciousness.  So from a $ perspective, international play is the cornerstone to making money out of US women's national team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Mm, no, that was pointing out that people who believe athletes getting endorsement contracts are grifters are not very bright.

Equal pay would be good as well though as long as you're bringing it up.

The only way that happens is if the men's teams want to share revenue. The woman's teams do not draw or garner the revenue.

We cannot make that happen, it is a simple case of supply and demand.

Who is willing to take the loss of money to distribute the money equally among men and women players?

Now if the women's team can draw crowds and revenue equally along the lines of men's teams then by all means give them equal pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now