Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

25,554 posts in this topic

Just now, mdrake34 said:

How do you get three passports? 

That’s actually very common for wealthy people, especially businessmen.  I think that Paul Manafort had 3-4.  As I understand it, it’s often more about how foreign governments view your travel than about the US authorities.  If someone landed in some Middle East countries with a passport stamp saying you just arrived from Israel, it could raise eyebrows.  So a lot of business men have different passports so foreign authorities don’t get suspicious about their travel to other countries.  

13 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Yes that means bombings and casualty rates are dropping during the Trump presidency.  Yay!

*Puts up hand for high five to PG*

2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

blog_civilian_deaths_iraq_syria2.gif

*Leaves you hanging*

3 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

That completely contracts the Pentagon's report.

Never mind that is a UN report so that is ALL countries not just the US.

turns out that's pretty common. this is from the same article you linked:

The Pentagon's figures are significantly lower than those produced by outside monitoring groups which have alleged the US military of causing higher numbers of civilian casualties. Last month, a report by Amnesty International and Airwars charged that the US-led coalition killed more than 1,600 civilians in Raqqa over the course of several months in 2017 during its campaign to eradicate ISIS.

and your contention with the figures is that there is another state-actor in afghanistan conducting airstrikes that isn't the united states or her allies? who?

2 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Your source is Mother Jones / Airwars.

My source is the Pentagon.

Your chart probably shows ALL civilian deaths in Iraq and Syria, most of which have nothing to do with the US.

Per the Pentagon bombing casualties dropped significantly in 2018.  

Dude I guarantee you the Pentagon's numbers are low. You wouldn't trust any other government source and I **** sure wouldn't start there.

AF89, mdrake34 and Psychic Gibbon like this

Just now, Jpowers said:

Dude I guarantee you the Pentagon's numbers are low. You wouldn't trust any other government source and I **** sure wouldn't start there.

Didn’t he recently criticize me for citing FBI numbers? All these people run together so it’s hard to remember which does which. 

5 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Your chart probably shows ALL civilian deaths in Iraq and Syria, most of which have nothing to do with the US.

Your source is the Pentagon saying civilian casualties went down compared to 2017. In 2017 there was a massive spike in civilian casualties. Civilian casualties went down under Trump in 2018 after increasing significantly under Trump in 2017.

This isn't rocket science.

Lou Getchell likes this

Just now, mdrake34 said:

Didn’t he recently criticize me for citing FBI numbers? All these people run together so it’s hard to remember which does which. 

I think that was the Captain Planet villain.

Just generally speaking I'm never going to trust any government source or their numbers or how many people they accidentally/inadvertently killed.

Just now, Jpowers said:

I think that was the Captain Planet villain.

Just generally speaking I'm never going to trust any government source or their numbers or how many people they accidentally/inadvertently killed.

8 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

^^^CommieBlaster is complaining about the credibility of sources now.  :lol:

Your quote talks about eliminating ISIS in 2017.  Bombings dropped since then.  

Part of that offensive was literally increasing the civilian deaths that were acceptable for bombings to get green lighted.

Just now, The Legendary SB said:

Excellent work.  I approve!

Didn't this conversation start on you bragging about less bombings and civilian deaths? This is a circular argument if I ever saw one.

Leon Troutsky likes this

It's called taking down ISIS.

gettyimages-919094590.jpg

Great job taking down ISIS Mr. President!

1 minute ago, The Legendary SB said:

Excellent work.  I approve!

steve's approval makes sense, it's not like white people were dying.

Door Gunner likes this

6 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

It wouldn't be like that if the Marines wouldn't have jacked up invading Langley so horribly.

mdrake34 likes this