Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

25,782 posts in this topic

Just now, Jpowers said:

Watching folks get mad about Ariel being black and now the flag thing.....just smh.

Yeah, because national security and actual free speech isn’t as important as a clothed symbol. 

Smh

13 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I don’t see her step on it. They drop it to pose for a photo and someone else smartly picks it up. More manufactured outrage for conservative martyr complex 

Carefully watching my national soccer team celebrate winning a tournament to find a moment where I would be offended.

Serge and mdrake34 like this

Just now, achilles return said:

you've shown more outrage for a piece of cloth than the treatment of actual people.

I actually haven't. But there's that.

13 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I don’t see her step on it. They drop it to pose for a photo and someone else smartly picks it up. More manufactured outrage for conservative martyr complex 

She did nothing of the sort. Again, we are in the age of picking our own truth even in the face clear evidence to the contrary. 

Just now, T-Falcon said:

Go ahead. I expect trash people to act like trash 

I'm currently looking for American flag toilet paper to replace my Bible scripture toilet paper.

The Branch likes this

15 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

They are just making it up as they go along. This is why they correlate so well with the guy occupying the WS. 

HolyMoses likes this

1 minute ago, The Legendary SB said:

Like I said I agree with cutting back a few foreign bases.

That said 16% of the budget is not too much to maintain a strong military.  

You should also be thankful that we have the most non-interventionist president in modern history.

Trump was against the Iraq war even when Dems were voting for it in congress.  

We're currently bombing eight countries, threatened a ground invasion against one until Russia deployed troops there, and threatening war against another.

7 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

OK so what did Trump do to obstruct justice?

We already know that Hillary deleted evidence to the tune of 30,000 e-mails.  That is actual obstruction of justice.

I asked you why Trump was not indicted.  

What's your answer, smart guy?

4 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Watching folks get mad about Ariel being black and now the flag thing.....just smh.

it's almost like all the whining about "political correctness" and "outrage culture" is just projection.

Serge, mdrake34 and Leon Troutsky like this

I for one am looking forward to watching Julio slam Freddie Falcon to the ground and stomp on him after a TD.

The flag is about as meaningful as Freddie Falcon, yes.

Lou Getchell likes this

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The flag is about as meaningful as Freddie Falcon, yes.

Bill Hicks>Korean war>muh Daddy died for that flag>Walmart

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Carefully watching my national soccer team celebrate winning a tournament to find a moment where I would be offended.

We are at the point where the only thing that will unite us is the possibility of nonexistence type of threat. 

Not even athletics unite us anymore.   

20 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

This is the person expressing outrage and disgust...

Although he said that people could “clearly see the stupidity” of white supremacists and neo-Nazis on display at the “Unite the Right” rally, Gilliam also criticized Heather Heyer, the 32-year-old woman who was killed when a white nationalist rammed his car into a crowd of counter-protesters. 

“This girl goes out and marches with antifa and gets killed by one of these neo-Nazi people when she got hit by a car, but she was still marching with antifa,” Gilliam said on the show.

Heyer, a paralegal at a Charlottesville law firm, was one of many counter-protesters at the rally and was not associated with an antifa group. She had told a friend before she went that she feared there would be violence that day. 

13 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

OK so what did Trump do to obstruct justice?

We already know that Hillary deleted evidence to the tune of 30,000 e-mails.  That is actual obstruction of justice.

He encouraged witnesses in the investigation to not cooperate and perhaps even lie to Mueller's team under oath.

He twice ordered Corey Lewandowski to get Sessions to un-recuse himself and order Mueller to change the scope of his investigation to exclude Trump and his campaign.

He twice ordered Don McGahn to directly fire Mueller.

That's at least five acts of obstruction of justice.  

As for Clinton, the result of 9 congressional investigations and an FBI investigation cleared her of wrongdoing.  In contrast, Mueller specifically said that he could not clear Trump (because Trump obstructed justice but can't be charged while president).  

Yeah, great comparison!  :lol:

OK humor me. 

1. Which 8 countries are we currently bombing?

2. Did these bombing start before or after the Trump presidency began?

Also threatening is not the same as doing it.  Threatening can be used as a negotiation tactic.  Ever heard of a bluff?  It's commonly used in poker.  

1. Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya, Niger, Somalia, Syria and Iraq still

2. If he's the least interventionist president we've had over the past few decades then why would it matter? Wouldn't he be rolling back our interventions if that was the case?

If you keep threatening but never do it then is it an effective negotiation tactic? Or do people just recognize it as empty bluster?

8 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm quickly getting to the point where I think I'm just going to check out of facebook, twitter, and even here. The constant outrage cycle is just so f**king dumb and only serves to distract people from the things that actually matter.

Twitter and Facebook, absolutely.  But you should stick around here.  At least here we make fun of the outrage cycle and the dummies to post that trash.

2 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I used the Freddie Falcon example because he represents the team that Julio is playing for.

Just like the flag represents the team that the US women's team plays for.

Perhaps a couple of the players who don't like the US would be happier playing for another country?  Not saying that should happen, just want them to be happy!

Didn't you say you would leave the country if Obama was elected?

Leon Troutsky and HolyMoses like this

Just now, Boner said:

Didn't you say you would leave the country if Obama was elected?

It was one of the most glorious meltdowns in board history.  

Andrews_31 likes this

I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that most of ABF is very unhappy and to be happy, most of the Lemmings just have to be constantly obstreperous.

Trump 2020 in a landslide

4 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I used the Freddie Falcon example because he represents the team that Julio is playing for.

Just like the flag represents the team that the US women's team plays for.

Perhaps a couple of the players who don't like the US would be happier playing for another country?  Not saying that should happen, just want them to be happy!

Bothered to watch the vid.

Apparently, "slamming," and, "stomping," means dancing at an offscreen camera before the flag is even moved in your direction.

This is stereotypical SJW levels of looking to be offended of sad.